Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091

Thread: Around the tavern table.

Blog Entries

Oparal whispers something to Lavinia and they both giggle: "I am afraid Lavinia and I have some... pressing... business to attend to in my room as well."

Lavinia smiles a devilish smile: "My sincerest apologies for leaving like this, but I promise I'll catch up with you later.", she says to Tarsus and Sarvine, "And to get to know the new faces as well.", she says to others, while Oparal drags her away by the hand.

Blog Entries

After their reunion in her room, Oparal searches for Elsa in the library in order to copy spells from her spellbook into her blessed book.

( 1 hour each: alarm, comprehend languages, detect secret doors, erase, unseen servant - 5 hours
    2 hours each: locate object, see invisibility - 4 hours
    3 hours each: blood biography, daylight, seek thoughts, slow - 12 hours
    4 hours each: control summoned creature, locate creature, communal phantom steed, remove curse, secure shelter - 20 hours
    5 hours each: hold monster - 5 hours

46 hours, need to sleep 2 hours a day, so 2 days and 2 hours to copy)

She also pays to copy:

2 hours and 20 gp each: See invisibility, Share memory, Silent table - 6 hours and 60 gp
    3 hours and 45 gp each: Clairaudience/clairvoyance, Vampiric touch - 6 hours and 90 gp
    4 hours and 80 gp each: Resilient sphere - 4 hours and 80 gp
    5 hours and 125 gp each: Fire snake, Scrying - 10 hours and 250 gp
    6 hours and 180 gp each: Contingency - 6 hours and 180 gp

32 hours and 650 gp total

Also cast fabricate to create an ivory statue of herself worth 1500 gp by using 500 gp of ivory created by her robe of components. Cast vampiric touch on her spellstoring armor. Cast contingency (resilient sphere) with the target of self if immobilized or unconscious.

A bit lost, watching the authoritative one go and the two girls go off to do... well, she can guess. Her nose crinkles, and she watches those two depart. Murmuring, Ida shuts her eyes, and opens them once more, now with almost a shimmer to them. Ascertaining they're mages, really... and that the group is decently-equipped.

This... wasn't nearly what she had in mind, especially since it was the White Stars that killed most of... shaking her head, the Drow looks to those who remain. "Is this a bad time to be joining?"
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Tarsus mm-hmm's but it doesn't seem he's fully swayed. "Well, you go back to HQ, get yourselves situated, and then you can research your way to a quiet meeting with someone in the Red Flag. I've got other business to attend to right now." The cleric waves a hand, searching for a memory. "Sarvine, do you remember a kitsune lieutenant we bumped into? Yuki, I think her name was. She's a decent place to start, if only because I can't think anything better. There's a parchment in the top drawer of my dresser. If you get back before I do, find it." He gives them all one more good look, taking in what's left of them. "Good luck, try not to die. I'll see you soon." He heads off in the direction of the Lamashtan temple.
    Sarvine raises an eyebrow and gives Tarsus a lazy salute. "Operation Red Domination will begin shortly after I refresh my spells and figure out who this person is. Maybe ask around a little first."

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    This... wasn't nearly what she had in mind, especially since it was the White Stars that killed most of... shaking her head, the Drow looks to those who remain. "Is this a bad time to be joining?"
    "If you like living? Yes. But that's what you get when you join White Star. High mortality rate, but also lots of rewards- money, magic items, phenomenal cosmic power- you get the idea." Sarvine shrugs.
    "But we've recently got some new slots opening up and you look like the perfect fit for what we need. Big, beefy, able to block things flying toward my beautiful face, and you already have a massive weapon. You're perfect!" The witch grins up at Ida as her eyes go to the gigantic sword the drow has. She should ask what they fed her as a child because Sarvine was fairly certain Drow never got that big naturally.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

5. Default

Tarrah yawns, slouching from her tiny prayer mat. "Couldn't tell you. Met some kind of planar ruler. Turned out to be incredibly bland. But hey, we didn't get killed and a goddess blessed us, so that's a plus." Tarrh pondered the Despot. He wasn't what she had expected the ruler of Mysthaven would be like. But she supposes an amoral, bland ruler with few interests beyond order and absolute control isn't the worst thing. His seeming lack of any detectable desire made him almost...serene. Not enlightened, no. Not quite the benevolence associated with enlightenment. But those spheres...
    Last edited by veryhappymango; 09-09-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    Current Character List:

Mekhi, Level 4 LG Human Oracle of Bones
    Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1620402

Tarrah, Level 10 LN Unchained Monk
    Str
    18 (+4) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3) Int 10 Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659670

It's rather ornate, isn't it? There almost seems a slight malice coming from it, because the woman herself is relatively calm. "I suppose. From what I understand, you're going to be killing the man responsible for my House's downfall. I'm rather amenable to killing things though."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

"Oh?" Natan perks up at Ida's comment. "Which man is that?"

"Vance Garand." Looking aside to Natan. "In each House of my people, there are patron demons, gods, or goddesses that are paid homage to. Sometimes devils. Some are more reliable than others, and it's said that a House's prosperity is a symbol of their patrons being strong. In... the House that I hail from..." Choosing her words on that. She's technically not a T'vennin anymore, she's a White Star. "... we have always served Lamashtu. When the White Star had its internal war, Vance made his play - the T'vennin forces were called upon to defend the work of Lamashtu's faithful, also being her faithful. Most never came back."

She frowns now, in thought. "Afterwards, our House was weakened, and my sister, a Priestess, became... different. Locking herself in her room all the time, coming out to eat when she remembered, forgetting accoutrements when she did... my grandmother confirmed that Lamashtu had gone silent. Now, we pay homage to other names, such as Nocticula, but with the Mother gone, our House depleted of forces, it hasn't been an easy few years. I was about to be forced into an absolute sham marriage so they could get the last thing of value in my House. That is... me." Brushing her fingers on some of the scales on her arm.

"All of a sudden, my sister found me in the hall, uttered a prophecy, took me by the hand to my room, and began trying to pack for me. All I could get out of her was riddles, but she seemed to think coming to the surface and meeting the Despot was imperative. I have no idea what she intended to happen, but like I said, the White Star was mentioned in the prediction."

Blog Entries

In the banquet hall, Oparal starts fabricating paintings of current and former White Star members and has her followers place them on the walls (in progress):

Sarvine4.pngTsukohari.pngSarith.pngElja.pngOparal.pngSnikt.pngShira.pngSharlot.pngElsa.pngDelphos.pngTarrah.png
    Sarvine NamiaTsukohari of the BladeSarithElja KriskOparal AernelóthSniktShira StormwindSkald SharlotElsa TarolandasheDelphosTarrah
    Natan.pngIda.pngTarsus.pngMaynard.pngEris2.pngLavinia.png    Rurik.png
    Natan PendrotIdavarriel T'venninTarsusMaynard CalhounEris CalhounLaviniaEgan TarolandashexxxRurik
    Bilser.pngThordrom.pngBrura.pngSquee.pngZirril.pngOrab.pngMattilda.pngBroderick.png   
    BilserThordromBruraSqueeZirrilOrabMattildaBroderick Crowfoot   

(x-es are empty spots which Oparal mentally reserved for Vance Garand, Frank Desmedt and Ivan D'Outremer)

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091