Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the tavern table.

Looking over from her dulled conversation with Bliser, Tsu's begun to work on something - she's threading cord through a loop of metal at the base of a small dagger-like piece of metal. Looks like Obsidian wasn't the only group having conflicts of authority...
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Sarith looks at the Cleric as he settles in next to him. A feeling of disdain washes over him, but he quickly squashes it and hides his reaction with a quick and long pull from his mug. As the cleric talks, he listens with no real care as to what's being said, but he knows deep down that Tarsus is right. It's really not good for the group to have them butting heads at every turn. He polishes off what he had left, and motions for two more to be brought, "I have no intentions of leading, nor do I really have intentions of blindly following." He turns toward Tarsus, "While I think that your words, and your leadership is sound, I do think that you need to listen to the better part of the group. We all agreed that staying with the wagon was the best course, and look what happened when we ended up deviating from that." He sighs, "Don't get me wrong, I do think that the ally we might have in the Five Feathers will go along way, but what would have happened if we couldn't track down the missing slave? Is gaining a small amount of favor with the Five Feathers worth what we could have lost had we not recovered the cargo? Remember, the contract clearly stated that all cargo had to be intact." He forces a smile across his face, "Look Dad, If you can agree to take advice more, I can agree to hold my tongue." He lightly punches the man in the shoulder, "Now why don't you show this youngster how to put a few back."

Bilser looks around when the other team enters the inn. "How'd it go lads? Did you had a bumpy ride?"
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)

Translator

Blog Entries

"What's done is done; I stand by my decision, and there's no use in arguing over it now." Tarsus gives Sarith his warm smile and slaps him on the back. "But I would be honored to be advised by you. And I'd be happy to have a drink," he says, looking over at Tsukohari, "But another time. There's a lost crow who needs directing back to her murder." What a strange, ominous, and oddly appropriate term for the Tengu, the cleric muses.

With a nod, Tarsus rises from Sarith's side and makes his way to Tsukohari and Bilser. His easy smile still wrinkles his eyes as he sits down next to the Gnome and across from the Tengu. "Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, escapes, true love, miracles..."

"Really?! We just had monsters and Bad Mooners. Do tell!"
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)

Translator

Blog Entries

"Never mind him." Eris, who overheard Tarsuss, interjects. "He's just showing off he can and has read." With a wink to the priest she continues: "Columbo, the barkeep at Peter's Falcon, always quoted that passage too.They even say they were his dying words."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Tarsus grins, and nods to Eris. "As you wish."

He turns back to the two of them. "I'm not much of a story-teller, Bilser, but I'll do my best." His eyes dance between the two of them. "We arrived mid-morning in the outskirts, and the Red Flag was there to greet us. Brura, there," he points, "bared his teeth and they turned tail for a time. But only for a time." He arches his eyebrows. "We walked through unfriendly territory until we came upon our charge: a slaver's wagon driven by a boy from the Transportation Guild. We led him through the outskirts, and as if on cue, the Red Flag returned again to block our path. Things got hairy, and I was pinned down, until Brura cut their sergeant in half — right in front of me!" He exclaims, gesturing to his stained clothes. "That's not my blood. Anyway, that's when the rest of them showed us their backside."

After a pause, he continues, watching Tsukohari for any reaction. "That's when we got to Tengutown."
    Last edited by theScrappy; 03-30-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Straightening, Tsu twirls her completed weapon a few times, before laying it out and starting on the next one. "We sliced up two goblins and made the leader run away with his tail between his legs - it seems like we're a fresh target." Dryly, she asks, "How did you get a cart of slaves through Tengutown?"
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Tarsus smiles. "The reputation of the White Star Free Company goes farther than you might think." He chuckles, "and it was Calhoun's name that kept them from killing us at the gate. Then, halfway through, Toshiro Five Feathers chose to collect our debt to him, which we eventually did." Tarsus decides there's no need to go into the details of the back-and-forth too much here. "We were tasked with clearing a Bad Moon house in Tengutown, which is where Zirril turned one of their undead sentries. We swept the house, and rescued a bunch of tiefling children with sharp teeth, including the girl that came in with Sarvine..." he gestures. "I need to find out her name."

A moment passes. "Where was I?"

"Bad Moons...uh, we dealt with those too. They had a fort in the first level of the sewers." She's subconsciously primping the downy fluff on her head - her "hair" - and making a low chitter, feathers standing out. "I did some work for the Five Feathers Company as a blacksmith, and Toshiiiiro~" Tsu can't help but speak his name in a sing-song voice. "Did he mention me at all? I hear green is his favorite color. He has such wonderful plumage. Is he still single?"

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast