Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the tavern table.

Blog Entries

Oparal eats by the table, daydreaming and making up funny conversations between her new coworkers. Perhaps she could take a peek inside their mind... "No, I shouldn't invade their privacy...", she decides reluctantly. She sees the friendly tengu and the scary ifrit, swallows while searching for courage to speak and then invites them: "Would you like to... um... join me? While I eat? I mean, you can see that I am eating, obviously, there is no need for me to say that, but I speak without stopping when I'm nervous. Please say something, I think I'm blushing."

Elja comes over to the table. "I would be happy to join you, thank you," he says as he gives a polite nod and then takes a seat. He was in plain, white clothing except for a simple black image of an erupting volcano on the front of the tunic. His orange skin and orange-red hair stood out in contrast against the white.

"A glass of merlot, please!", he yells to the barmaid and then turns his attention back to Oparal. "How are you... adjusting... to your new surroundings? Hopefully the barracks are suitable and people have been pleasant to you?" He wasn't exactly sure how to talk to the elf woman. His God demanded strength, and her character so far had shown to be anything but. He viewed Oparal as a test of his own character. Perhaps he could help her realize her own strength that was hidden somewhere within her.

Blog Entries

"Oh, yes, very pleasant.", Oparal exclaims, perhaps a little too enthusiastically, then remembers how scary this man is: "I mean, it has been years since I talked with someone just for the pleasure of it. It is... nice.", she looks at Elja to see if she has said something wrong. Ready to raise her arms to cushion a punch to her head.

Elja gives her a smile. "Good, glad to hear it. And don't worry about the vote. It'll come into your favor eventually. Just keep on the straight and narrow and keep helping the team. Show your value as much as possible. We got out of some sticky situations under that church with your help. I just ask that in the future you think before you act. I'm sorry that I yelled at you for screaming down the tunnel, but you could have caused others in our group great harm. The two that were scouting ahead would have been able to catch that mongrel by surprise if we had been a little quieter. I get it. You're new and are still figuring things out. This is probably a different life for you. I was trained in combat and strategy since I was a child, raised by a militant clerical order. If you need assistance in training or figuring things out, just ask. I'll probably be asking you some questions too. Like where your powers come, for instance. Are they arcane? Divine? Or do they come from somewhere else?"

Elja sits back in his chair, awaiting an answering and ignoring the wine that the barmaid set next to him.

Blog Entries

"Yes, I'm not used to this... life you lead. I don't want to waste your time, but if you want to, I would be grateful if you could train me, even if it's just a little. To be honest, I'm still not sure if i could fit in here, but I will try."

"My power? It comes from the mind. It needs intense concentration and controlling your emotions perfectly. I can be sensitive sometimes, but I have learned to put those feelings behind... a wall of sorts when needed. If you want, I can teach you the basics, but it takes time."

"What about you?", she asks, unsure if that's appropriate.

"Interesting," Elja says as he leans forward, truly intrigued. "I'd like to know more about how that works sometime, but I don't think I would take up the craft myself. My power is divine in nature, though I have also taken an interest in the arcane. I feel drawn to it, like it was something I was meant to do. See, I wasn't really given a choice as a child. The church took me in and trained me in the ways of personal combat and war, so a paladin I became. It's suited me well enough so far, but I like magic as well. I would be afraid of taking on yet another discipline." Elja ends with a wink. He reaches out and takes a sip of his wine, giving it a slight swish in his mouth. "Not bad..."

Blog Entries

The night of the fire, Tarsus leads the improvised Alabaster squadron to the home of Mother Clara in the hopes that she can cure the poison and stop the turning of Eris. They carry with them as much as they can, and leave behind what they must. Without knowledge of where they will live, and what will become of their Company, the new Alabaster squadron finds internal strife, as Sarvine's, Zirril's, and Squee's evil tendencies clash with Elja's and Lavinia's oaths and standards. All the while, Tarsus struggles with a team that doesn't any longer settle for what works best in Misthaven, but demands what works Good upon Misthaven.

"I'm not going to get into a theological debate with you," the Sarenite announces to the Desnan at her insistence at the nature of Zirril's animated skeletons. "Even if I were that kind of priest, this is neither the time nor the place. We have tools at our disposal, and we'll use them for our own ends." He stops and turns, his heavy breath misting out from behind his helm, "And I'm not going to stand here and be lectured to by some high-and-mighty stranger from the Mists. I was birthed in these alleys; I suckled on these streets." It wasn't often that Tarsus flashed his xenophobic fangs, but something about Lavinia reminded him of his early days at Misthaven's Sarenite church, before it had a chance to make an impression on him, and truth be told, he on it. "You're merely passing through." He points an armored finger, for effect.

"So go on," he laughs, mockingly, "let us die." His tone turns disturbingly cheerful, "Where do you think you are?" He throws out his arms and turns back and forth, as if to present the Outskirts for Lavinia's examination. "You won't go five paces before my city rips the flesh from your bones and eats you alive, while you look on in horror, helpless at your own demise."
    Last edited by theScrappy; 11-05-2015 at 09:27 AM.

'Pathetic creature of flesh and blood. You look at your one miserable city and pretend to know what is best on heaven and earth.' the Sarenite wasn't the only one who could flash those fangs.'I am Lavinia, I am made of Good, I am made of Chaos. You hold on to the crumbling image of what remains of a city, my domain is the universe. Your perspective is narrow and base, sullied by your own disbelief. You're a blemish on Sarenrae's blazon. The tiefling at least is honest of what she is, she won't make excuses.'
    The area around Lavinia still glowed bright as day, and she seemed almost as ablaze as the Paladin next to her. 'You are the worst though. A hypocrite, pretending all this bullshit evil-for-a-greater-cause is anything else than it really is. An excuse to take the easy route.'
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 11-05-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Lamashtu is holding onto Sarvine as the tiefling carries her, now in dry clothes instead of in the drenched and burnt rags that remained of her nightgown.
    "I don't like the wing lady. She shouts hard too much. Should I set Derreck on her?" She asks as Tarsus and Lavinia get into their yelling match. "I know you didn't forget me big sis." She continues and hugs Sarvine tightly.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

((Lavinia isn't actually shouting. She's more into a soft menacing sound, making sure every line drips with venom))

Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast