Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the tavern table.

Blog Entries

Default Around the tavern table.

This is the place to post inter character conversations that are held around the various campfires or periods of downtime in the game.
    This is as not to slow down the actual game with meaningful yet slow conversations.
    If your chars want to talk about tactics for upcoming battles or even if they want to address an npc in private this is also a place to do it.
    As you can understand no talk here about things as they are happening...
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Rurik did not at all like this place, it reminded him to much of his time in the stables alone and with noting. No he wanted to be somebody and have things not be in a place like this. But you have to work your way up i guess, He though for himself. Rurik was armed with a spear and a crossbow, but he knew that these weapons where mostly for show. He had only gotten very little training whit them, and mostly on his own. While the group was going, he hanged in the back observing the others and the people around. His years as a slave had given him a nervous nature, so he knew not to stand to much out.

"We have to make friends with the biggest of them," Rurik said quietly to Mushu. The scorpion was sitting on his head, under his hood.
    He then walked up to Thordom and introduced himself, "hello there my name is Rurik, might I ask yours?" Rurik said and continued before getting an answer, "I am sorry I haven't introduced myself before, but I wanted to wait until we where ascend our group. Where do you come from?"Rurik smiled at Thordom, and hopped that the dwarf would be a nice one, preferable a brave and helpful person.

Bilser was sitting at a large round table in the common room. The chair was to large for him. His feat didn't touch the ground. He was writing furiously on a piece of parchment. You hear him mutter some alchemistial formulas. Every now and then he looks up from his writing and looks around. If he sees nobody interesting, he continues writing.
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)

Translator

For a few moment Throdrom doesn't respond apart from mostly unintelligible mutters. All you can understand from them are small talk and a little bit later I should try.

Finally, Thordrom starts talking loud enough to be heard. I'm Thordrom, a vagabond from beyond the mists. I mostly just wander around looking for some good to do. A moment later he adds. How'd I do? ... Oh, I'm supposed to ask you something. Umm ... Where are you from? A moment later Thordrom bursts out laughing, BWAHAHAHA, I am not one for the small talk! BWAHAHAHA!
    Characters:

That night...

After the Sewer Job, Tsu brings over her wine and her dinner to sit by Bliser. She speaks low, at first, just to get his attention. "...so, I take it you've been vying for the leadership position."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Bilser, still working on the latest details of his newest bomb looks up from his work. He realises this is a serious chat and puts down his stuff. He considers his words carefully. "What makes you think that dear Tsu?'

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Translator

"Part of what I do is read people. A few times back there, you were issuing statements just like I have, and we've butted heads. It's not that hard to connect the dots." She ruined a few maps in her time playing that game, but she shakes the thought.

"I just wanted to know if you would be fine with me taking charge. I've trained to lead, back...well, home, with my tribe, but that's a long way away. I also noted you're devoted to your studies first and foremost. It's not a bad thing, but I really don't have anything else on my mind other than getting you guys out, alive, and back here safely. But it's hard to do that if I'm being challenged, if you catch where I'm going with this."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

"Your power of observation serves and deceives you at the same time." he smiles sincerely. "You have spotted correctly that Alchemy and it's studies are my first and only love. What you've spotted as ambition to take your position is actually my envy to your ability to lead. Although I do not always agree with your decisions I think your suited better for the task. I have no plans whatsoever to lead this team. However, if you give an order that I perceive as wrong I will not follow it. That would be blind loyalty. And blindness is fatal in Alchemy. For instance your order to fire arrows and bolts at Old Pouncy. If I had followed it there would've been an unsettling fight. My disobedience in throwing one of my little crackers made the lives of the others down there easier."

Translator

"That being said, I never give straight, follow-to-the-T orders. I know strengths of the party, but not all of them - and in the heat of battle, there's only so much I can say. I ENCOURAGE you to use what you can, and I meant we needed to keep out of grabbing range."

"But...ah. Anyway. If you catch something I don't, just remind me. Tactics are a thing we had to practice extensively when I was a kid."
    She recalls the memories. "Where I come from, Tengu are the homeless of society. We have strange traditions, and customs - we share baubles freely, and always work together. We train first to fight in groups, before learning solo tactics. A Tengu's tribe is their family." She rubs her arm. "...right now, the White Star Company is becoming my Tribe. You guys specifically, Obsidian, are my 'Kazoku' - my peers. It's like...family, but more by rank. A bunch of Barons in the old day would be Kazoku…equals in status. With Tengu, it's more like the hatching group you're with, the friends and family that you learn with as brothers and sisters."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 03-14-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Tarsus nods to Maynard, and smiles to Sarith. As the druid settles down for a drink at the bar, the older cleric sidles up beside him. "We don't see eye to eye, true, and I'm sorry for what I said before. Not the 'boy' thing, but... well, I don't intend to lose you on any of these missions." He gives Sarith a warm smile, the wrinkles around his eyes catching shadows from the light of the room. "But I can't let you split the team again." The smile fades almost instantly, replaced by the look one might get from a stern father.

"Unless you want to take a shot at it tomorrow, I intend to lead again. You've got a strong head on your shoulders, and I'll need your counsel. But I can't have division or subterfuge. We won't survive very long with it." He tries to gauge the younger man's reaction. "We may not become friends, but we ought to be able to rely on each other."

Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast