Page 769 of 817 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 8168

Thread: OOC thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
    Goodwyn is immune to all status effects.
    No he's not. As a matter of fact, DEAD is a status effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulebook
    Dead: The character's hit points are reduced to a negative amount equal to his Constitution score, his Constitution drops to 0, or he is killed outright by a spell or effect. The character's soul leaves his body. Dead characters cannot benefit from normal or magical healing, but they can be restored to life via magic. A dead body decays normally unless magically preserved, but magic that restores a dead character to life also restores the body either to full health or to its condition at the time of death (depending on the spell or device). Either way, resurrected characters need not worry about rigor mortis, decomposition, and other conditions that affect dead bodies.
    A dead character can still be panicked, lvl drained, burned, etc. The Dead status just supersedes all those things.

Here endeth the lesson.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Actually, dead bodies are treated as objects, as indicated in unguent of timelesness, gentle repose and at other places.

Yes, they can be affected as objects can, so effects that specifically target creatures or which objects are immune to also don't affect dead bodies.

This means that, for example, animate objects and locate object work, enervation and enlarge/reduce person don't, disintegrate, invisibility (+permanency), shatter and shrink item do, shadow evocation always 20% etc.

Animate Object.... Animate Dead.... No Inquisitor! I swear I'm not a Necromancer!...

I was just settling on Chirurgeon Alchemist when I discovered Healing Bomb is not PRD. That has dampened my enthusiasm as I had plans for is... I also realize I used that discovery in error on Rodaford Engal.

I'll keep thinking and looking over options.

I had been planning ranged support with an Alchemist (Chirurgeon) using Healing Bomb... however, without Healing Bomb I will need to abandon range support and move into melee support.

Doctor Mikael Galeno will have to be an armored Alchemist wielding the power of alchemical medicine to heal his allies and carve up his enemies... Chirurgeon/Vivisectionist?

Then again... I could drop the healing shtick and go with fighter... or Barbarian... I mean we have loads of mystic types... someone has to be the muscle head in the group, right?

Hrmmmmnnn....

Doctor Galeno could be a Fighter (Tactician)... Using his knowledge of mundane medicine and the command of oration, he could command his allies in combat to greater effectiveness... maybe throw in VMC: Bard and jump for Battle Herald. Might not be able to use magic, but sure can shout at you the whole battle long!

This needs more thinking...

Working in another direction now.

Fighter, Face, Physician!

Quasi-Alliteration is win!

Blog Entries

You could take a look at the setting-specific aegis paladin archetype.

Or I can demonstrate my aptitude for mechanical inefficiency!
    Last edited by Doc-Holiday; 12-28-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Blog Entries

You can do both, the theme being commanding allies in combat and allowing them to act as one

Quote Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
    ...Using his knowledge of mundane medicine and the command of oration, he could command his allies in combat to greater effectiveness...
    , you can still choose awful bonus teamwork feats, but core class features still ensure that others benefit merely from your presence.

For example, combat medic is a very poor choice, but you can grab it as one of your bonus TW feats.

screech!!
    Last edited by Draggo; 01-08-2018 at 07:49 AM.