Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Side Story: Back to Your Roots

Blog Entries

Default Side Story: Back to Your Roots

After a long day of fighting monsters and discovering yet another horror that Misthaven had to offer, Sarvine decides to take a night off from studying and furthering her magical prowess in favor of well-earned rest. Sleep comes easily as her face makes contact with the bed in the world's softest knockout.
    While she sleeps, her rest is anything but easy as visions of the past come hurtling out of the depths of her mind, from a time that she would rather ignore in favor of the much more complicated but more fulfilling present. Her parents, and their abandonment of her while trying to lie with fake smiles. Being brought into her new 'home' by men that looked at her as an animal rather than a person. Her fists clench and knot the bed-sheets unconsciously as the visions come to a peak, faces looming overhead and backed by a blinding light, which then fades and finally allows a restless slumber until morning.

The witch awakes slowly and becomes aware of Bufo resting on her chest, his head tucked into her prominent collarbone. She smiles and gently places him on the pillow to let him get a few more minutes as she lightly kisses the top of his head. He croaks in his sleep and settles down into the soft surface as Sarvine has to use all her willpower to not cuddle him and potentially wake him up.

With an effort she leaves the room in a worn pair of pants and a shapeless shirt as she grabs a few bites to eat from last nights dinner. Chewing thoughtfully she finishes her meal and finds the room numbers on the wall. With a newcomer present it's a simple matter to find Synn's room and make her way down the hall to end up at the Medusa's door. With some reluctance she knocks firmly on the oaken door, questions swirling through her head for the Mistwalker. Mistslitherer? Whatever her official title was. Regardless she hopes it was just Synn and she didn't have to see Tarsus answer the door. The man's morning breath could kill a goblin, she swore it could. Nice abs, but bad breath.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

"Who is it?" Synn's voice sounds from inside.
    "Sarvine!" Sarvine shouts as answer.
    "Oh..." the disappointment in the word is almost tangible. Still the door is opened only a few seconds later. Synn is up and dressed, modestly for her usual self, in a rather unrevealing beige robe. She's combing back the hissing black snakes on top of her head and tying them together with a ribbon.
    "Hey Sarvine. How can I help you?" she asks with that slight annoying, but to the male populace enticing, lisp.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

The witch snorts in amusement as she can hear how much Synn was looking forward to a visit from the friendly neighborhood cleric.
    "Well, I was wondering how much you knew of Mesurat-and if you could bring me there for a visit. I think I was born there, as I never really found out the name of my home plane, and a demon called me a cursed child of that place. Since the Mists make everything weird, maybe that annihilated place is the same one as where I grew up. Would it be too dangerous for you to go back? Last time I heard it was overrun by demons, which would make everything a lot harder to find."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

Blog Entries

Synn blinks a few times at the onslaught of questions.
    "Well... Yes I know Mesurat and theoretically I can take you there. But demons say a lot of things, most of them lies. It could be where you were born, but is that important? I can handle myself perfectly there. You on the other hand... Don't get me wrong, you're confident enough but you could use some practice. Demons are no easy foe. The place is indeed overrun with demons. As time goes on however the place you once may have known will get twisted even further beyond recognition until it is absorbed completely by the abyssal realms."
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Sarvine ponders that for a moment. "Would it be possible for you to find the specific plane I'm from, then? Maybe by matching leftover energies in my aura to the frequencies of the plane or something? I can help by sharing memories of the plane, or a little divination if you think that would work. I don't know how the Mists work, so I'm pretty much guessing here."

Blog Entries

"No, sorry. Even if you could telepathically share your mental images of the place you remember with me I could only take you to a place that is like the place you remember. Not the exact place. Worse still, you might very well encounter a version of yourself on that kind-of-like-place and that's never a pleasant thing. The only one that can find the place is you if you learn to Mystwalk and cast some heftily priced spells to restore your memories to crystal clarity. Other than that, a Miracle or Wish spell could get you what you seek, if you can afford to cast them or have them cast for you but there's no guarantee there. Gods aren't trustworthy in that department and a Wish may just get you to a place you want to go instead of the place you were looking for. It's a small distinction but an important one." Synn pauses, obviously regretful she can't tell Sarvine what the tiefling wants to hear. "Look, I'm sorry. But it's just easier to not try to return from where you came. We tell that to all immigrants. It's hard to swallow I realize... What's all this about really?"
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Sarvine's face darkens as the list of reasons she can't go back lengthens and lengthens. She sighs and tries to rub more sleep out of her face as she thinks. "​Well...originally I wanted to go see what happened to that corrupted mockery of a monastery I grew up in. If it was there, then I was planning on doing my best to get it shut down or destroyed. And I know vengeance is bad, and we should all forget, and blah blah blah but I want to show those people who they messed with. I want to give them a little bit of the horror they made me go through. "
    After spending a moment in silence she speaks again. "And to see if my parents are still alive, I guess. See how their doing, what happened after I was gone. See if they were forced to give me up or did it willingly." Her eyes drift toward the floor as she tries to remember the events that led up to her leaving home.

Blog Entries

"I'm sorry I can't help. I know it doesn't mean much. Best to try and let go. Easier said than done." the medusa says sympathetically. She gives Sarvine a slight touch on the shoulder as comfort before going back inside her room and closing the door behind her leaving Sarvine alone in the hallway.
    "You want to go somewhere?" a soft voice sounds from behind the tiefling. Lamashtu is standing there, gods know how she snuck up so quietly. The golden hair as silken as always and the gnoll's mask typically crooked raised on the side of her head. She's grown nearly a foot again, now standing almost as tall as Sarvine and her form starting to fill out; thighs, hips, breasts... The whole shebang. Her tail twitching behind her slightly. "I can take you." she offers.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

The witch nods in recognition of Synn's efforts, and leans up against the wall as the door shuts. At the sound of Lamashtu's voice she looks over and stares for a moment. "You can? I guess you could, being as strong as you are." She grimaces to herself. "It's going to be tough for me...... how about I meet you in a few minutes in the main room? Or do you need anything to make this work? " Sarvine knows that she's taking what should be impossible in stride, but if her best shot was in front of her and she turned away...that would feel like some sort of crime.

Blog Entries

"I have everything I need." Lamashtu answers not really understanding the question. "I'll go to the main room and wait for you there." she comments.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast