Page 808 of 809 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809 LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 8083

Thread: OOC thread.

Blog Entries

So, any thoughts? At least for stamina for fighters from pathfinder unchained to unchain the fighter class?

Blog Entries

At this point, seeing the low number of martials we have in the party it doesn't seem necessary. However, if for some reason the number of martials rises we can certainly revisit these options.

And yes, I will update sometime today. For real this time.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

My focus was on the fighter class specifically, allowing some of the options for other classes is secondary. The reason I am proposing these options is exactly so that we can expect to see an increase. Having variety as a character in the game is fun, not having variety becomes boring. How many single classed fighter characters in total were in this campaign? Some people are content with being able to contribute less by playing a less powerful character, but I believe that no one enjoys playing a character which feels boring and repetitive.

I was thinking about enabling the combat stamina feat for fighters only, and the fighter gets it as a bonus feat at 1st level. We've already unchained the barbarian, rogue and monk. This would give something unique to the fighter which no other class can do along with a resource to spend so they get to be awesome in crucial moments, too.

Barbarians have rage powers to spend rounds of rage on. Monk has the ki pool to spend on ki powers. Rogue has lots of skills and debilitating injuries (and talents, but even those with daily uses are not that impressive), giving the class options in and out of combat. As it is, the fighter class has bonus feats which make it good at combat almost as much as a barbarian, but there is no variety in the choices the fighter makes in combat beyond "do I use power attack/deadly aim or not". Out of combat, he has 2 skill points per level and higher intelligence doesn't affect any of its class features, so his contribution is likely limited in that area.

A fighter would be fun with combat stamina and other options, but a magus is a greater option with regards to versatility, power and fun if those options are not available.

I personally am a fan of the Combat Stamina system as well, for the same reasons Elan details.
    Meaningful choices are fun, and the fighter class severely lacks them out of the gate.
    (If only using Power Attack was a meaningful option rather than pretty much a complete necessity.)

We've already had this discussion of adding expendable resources to systems to give people options, didn't we?
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 06-12-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't remember that, did I miss it?

It looks interesting.

Frankly I just miss playing a healer type.

Been obsessing about arcane type healers for a while... though I do miss the Archivist class from 3.5... got to try a gestalt Archivist/Healer, but never got past the introduction page since the game died.

Anyhow... that ends my random comment.

That discussion was an irl discussion between Tiger and myself, about system design.

Doc-Holiday, though not Arcane, and not relevant for this campaign, might I advice a look at the Vitalist psionic base class?
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 06-13-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Not a fan of psionics really.

I do have thoughts for a transition of the Archivist class to Pathfinder. I like my healers and my spell books.

I guess such a transitioning would be a Wizard Archetype?
    (You could give up bonus feats for Dark Knowledge class abilities etc.)

Blog Entries

The following options outside of standard sources are now allowed:

- Advanced armor training options (Armor master's handbook)
    - Advanced weapon training options (Weapon master's handbook), along with Effortless dual-wielding (Blood of the beast) and Warrior spirit (Magic tactics toolbox)
    - Weapon mastery feats (Weapon master's handbook) and the Martial focus feat (Weapon master's handbook)
    - Armor mastery and Shield mastery feats (Armor master's handbook), the Armor focus feat (Armor master's handbook) and the Shield focus feat (Armor master's handbook)

Note that the Item mastery advanced weapon training option is not from the allowed sources, neither are Item mastery feats.

The following options from the standard sources are now included or modified:

- The Combat stamina feat (Pathfinder unchained): Fighters get it as a bonus feat at 1st level, everyone else who meets the prerequisites can select the feat
    - The benefit of using combat stamina for the Power attack feat has been changed
    - The Stalwart feat has been modified and a benefit for using combat stamina for the Stalwart feat has been added
    - The Fighter class has additional class features, modified class skills and skill ranks per level