Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1830

Thread: Chapter 1: Burnt offerings

  1. #1821
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,340
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Joyya... Joyya... Tell him about the demon under Thistletop too. We can take care o'him for you too padre."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  2. #1822

    Default

    The dwarf turns from Zantus for the first time to look at Nagri directly. Incredulously, with eyebrows raised, the warpriest asks, "What's this now, Nagri? Are ye suddenly volunteerin'? I thought you were holdin' out fer a treasure horde to be dumped in yer lap before exorcisin' any more o' this town's demons."



  3. #1823
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,340
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Oh, I wazn't suggesting I do it fer free peg leg. This town is going to pay for the cleaning up of its sins. But it doesn't have to be me that gets the cash. Wat you said got me tinking and den the sing song man said it better den I could have said it myself: This town needs to pay for what it has done. It is a reckoning of sorts... But I'm content if those payments go to the poorest or the outcasts living here. See? It's justice. No more no less."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  4. #1824

    Default

    Joyya paused, considering...and nodded.

    "Fair enough, She-Wolf. I'll do it fer free, but if that's yer demand, I'd say it's about as selfless a demand as any that's ever bin asked. Let's hope the high muckamucks o' Sandpoint agree w' me."



  5. #1825
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,136

    Default

    Father Zantus listens to Nagri's barely comprehensible speech and his subsequent discussion with Joyya. With a thoughtful nod he answers, "That is very generous of you - both of you. If you like, I will gladly take it up with the town council - or, if you prefer, I will support your claim to the town council for some kind of compensation for your troubles. As for the temple to Lamashtu below - ever since you discovered the unholy site, I have been scouring our holy texts for a solution. I can perform a rite of cleansing once this 'runewell' is made inactive. I do not know how to do that, however, to the best of my knowledge, the runewell is not related to the Mother of Monsters - in fact, I do not believe it is religious in nature! If you can find a way to deactivate the runewell, I will consecrate the site and make sure that every influence of Lamashtu is driven out". Joyya remembers that when they first encountered the strange runewell, they tried to pour holy water into the pool to no apparent effect. There must be some other way...

    Sheriff Hemlock seems to be rather busy when Paulo seeks him out at the Garrison, but he takes the time to greet the rogue warmly and listen to his brief tale. Thanking the group for their services on behalf of the town, he promises to seek them out at the Rusty Dragon tonight for a talk with the entire group.

    Amadeus reaches the Cathedral entrance, hearing a rather inebriated Nagri and Joyya discussing something with Father Zantus, just as his trusted thrush returns from its scouting the lumber mill. It lands on Amadeus' shoulder and speaks a few words into his ear, "Noise...bad smell....blood....death!"

  6. Default

    "Sorry to interrupt, but it is shield and sword time my friends, Shaylisses sister ran off last night and didn't come back. Ven wants her back and recon of the sawmill shows it reeks of the glassworks when we last visited. Not much information for a plan so Nagri, call the shot. Do we go for the team and then go there or go in right now and let the good father and my bird summon the rest?" Amadeus announces before letting his familiar repeat his report.
    Last edited by mdh; 01-23-2016 at 01:28 PM.

  7. #1827
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,340
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Plan? I got plan. Same plan as always. Kick door in and see what happens." the She-Wolf answers standing up, swaying a little. "Anyone have a STRONG cup of coffee handy per chance?"
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  8. Default

    "Then let's go. Father, could you go by Ameiko's and let Paulo and Cyrill know what is happening?" Amadeus replies before whispering to his thrush and sending it out to find the two others.

    (If allowed, I wonder if I could use Dancing Lights to create a 'bat signal' in the air showing an arrow to the sawmill. Out of the house and can't pull up spell description...)

  9. #1829

    Default

    Paulo leaves Sheriff Hemlock at the garrison, and begins a leisurely stroll back to the Dragon. This time he keeps to the alleys and backstreets a bit, avoiding the main thoroughfare and market. Makes him feel a bit more like a rogue, and less like a hero, to be slipping through alleys again...a bit refreshing.

    He cuts across through Raven Street, and wends his way slowly down through Bishop and across Prickleback Lane, heading for the inn.

  10. #1830

    Default

    Joyya grunts as he stands.

    "I swear, magician, if this is some damned trick of yours to try to get us to help you get laid, I'm gonna clobber you," the dwarf grumbles before nodding to Zantus.

    "Lemme know if you find out anything, Father. Seems we got somethin' t' deal with before any wells're gettin' dried out."

    As always, he stumps along behind his companions, huffing and puffing to keep up.
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 01-24-2016 at 01:45 AM.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •