Page 206 of 229 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2290

Thread: OOC thread

Blog Entries

Fatality!

With Cyrills bonuses correctly calculated that's an extra +6 dsmage for a total of 67 damage.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

OK, thats an insane amount of damage you two just dished out....

I will do full update tonight, but just to give you a short heads up: The disarmed ogre turns out to be one of the canon fodder, so Joyya takes care of him on his own. I don't know if Katharina can reach the next ogre fighting the cougar, but perhaps if we assume her attack was a charge? In that case, the second ogre is also toast, which just leaves the fat one by Jakardros. Judging by the number of arrows sticking out of its back and the fact that it is still standing, you can surmise that this one is probably tougher than the common grunts.

Will look at it in more detail tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    ...Now, for one of the more funny tricks: Cyrill actually can cast up to 13 10ft cubes worth of visual effects (4+8+1(caster level +1 for silent image). Max range equals 760.
    Starting with a block around thee ogre at CH, who is visible from BR47, there are in total 11 squares between the left end of the left ogre, and the right end of the right Ogre, which means that it takes 6 2x2 square blocks to get booth the CH and CB Ogre in walls of flesh. Furthermore, there are exactly 14 blocks between the back end of the CB Ogre and the front end of theBP Ogre, so that means I'd need 6 additional blocks to take the last ogre in that as well. Gives me one block of reserve for let's say insurance against miscounting etc.)
    The end visual as such is that there are 3 walls of ogre-enclosing flesh, connected weakly by what is a 10 ft thick trail of very light not even obscuring mists. This should give our melee fighters the chance to zoom in, and allow Jakardos to get the hell out of there.
    Amazing how precise calculations Cyrill can make in a three-second standard action....
    ((haste gives +1, song gives +2, banner gives+1 , total +4 to hit, song gives +2 and banner +1 on weapon damage, total,+4/+3, or +2/+2 for our friends further away.))
    I have to admit that I also tend to lose track of all the bonuses, so such a summary is appreciated. In fact, you may wish to consider including a buff-spoiler in all posts when applicable just to remind us.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-20-2019 at 08:27 PM.

With the other ogres dispatched, how close can Paulo get to the one near Jakardros? He was thinking of charging the one near the cat, but it sounds like he's toast now.

With a hasted double move, I think he can reach approx CE36 or so?

Blog Entries

Paulo's speed atm is 60ft. So one move action is 12 squares.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
    Amazing how precise calculations Cyrill can make in a three-second standard action....

I have to admit that I also tend to lose track of all the bonuses, so such a summary is appreciated. In fact, you may wish to consider including a buff-spoiler in all posts when applicable just to remind us.

On that second: will do. That might be for the better given how much of a cheerleader Cyrill is.

On the first, he doesn't need to do the calculations actually. He just starts with the first and tries to extend his magic as far as he can, noticing he just about makes it. Had he not made it he'd only have been able to imprison 2 ogres, he would have gone for Silent Image regardless.

As for the IC post. I completely 'forgot'*that Nagri was the one who saw this particular trick before, rather than Katharina.

*not technically forgot, more like didn't pay attention to that particular detail in this specific circumstance, I only connected the dots when I saw you spell it out Abber, but I can't find a better english word for it atm.
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 03-21-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray Truoc View Post
    With the other ogres dispatched, how close can Paulo get to the one near Jakardros? He was thinking of charging the one near the cat, but it sounds like he's toast now.

With a hasted double move, I think he can reach approx CE36 or so?
    Note from the IC that I was initially mistaken about Joyya's attacks - so the second ogre by the cat is still standing (albeit surrounded by rotting flesh).

On the first, he doesn't need to do the calculations actually. He just starts with the first and tries to extend his magic as far as he can, noticing he just about makes it. Had he not made it he'd only have been able to imprison 2 ogres, he would have gone for Silent Image regardless.
    Sure - just teasing...

As for the IC post. I completely 'forgot'*that Nagri was the one who saw this particular trick before, rather than Katharina.

*not technically forgot, more like didn't pay attention to that particular detail in this specific circumstance, I only connected the dots when I saw you spell it out Abber, but I can't find a better english word for it atm.
    Well, I'm sure Katharina has learned a few things about the teams earlier exploits by tall tales at the camp fire. And now she has seen it in action.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-21-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
    Note from the IC that I was initially mistaken about Joyya's attacks - so the second ogre by the cat is still standing (albeit surrounded by rotting flesh).
    Ok, thanks Abber. Last questions...
    If Paulo moves up next to the ogre, is a will check required to "disbelieve" the wall of flesh, or does our group have any advantage in assuming it's Cyrill's handiwork?

Once "disbelieved", can Paulo attack through it?

If Paulo's diagonally opposite the cat as it now stands, would he be considered to be flanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dray Truoc View Post
    Ok, thanks Abber. Last questions...
    If Paulo moves up next to the ogre, is a will check required to "disbelieve" the wall of flesh, or does our group have any advantage in assuming it's Cyrill's handiwork?
    Yes, you still have to make a will save. Even though you are pretty sure it is an illusion, your eyes still tell you otherwise and you have to mentally "force" them to see through the illusion. However, your knowledge does help with a +4 bonus to the will save (this is an extrapolation from this: "If any viewer successfully disbelieves an illusion and communicates this fact to others, each such viewer gains a saving throw with a +4 bonus.")

Once "disbelieved", can Paulo attack through it?
    Yes, if you make the will save, Paulo will see perfectly through the illusion: "A successful saving throw against an illusion reveals it to be false, but a figment or phantasm remains as a translucent outline."

If Paulo's diagonally opposite the cat as it now stands, would he be considered to be flanking?
    No, in order to flank, you have to threaten the enemy. Since the cat doesn't have reach, it doesn't threaten the ogre, so it is not in a flanking position.

In some circumstances, once a failed will save has convinced a subject that the illusion is real, he will not get more opportunities to disbelieve the illusion. However, in this case it makes sense to allow a new will save each round. In the case of the fat ogre, he will continued to interact with the illusion (by trying to bash down the wall) and in Paulos case, since he is almost certain that the wall is an illusion created by Cyrill, he can keep trying to see through it.

Also, since the illusion has no mass or force, Paulo (and others who fail their saves) can attack through it - just note that the rules for concealment (miss chance) apply since he can't see the target.

Will update tonight.