Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Well, welcome to PbP tabletop, Sigmund. If you stick with it, it'll be your favorite hobby in no time
    Thanks! I plan on staying as long as we have interest in this campaign. Really, I want to see how my character developes since I usually never play a spell-caster in any game that offers such a class.

Spellcasters are a lot of fun to play imho.
    They're more of a toolbox than martial characters are, really rewarding thinking outside of the box.
    Especially sorcerers, since they still have their limited amount of spells known, but continious access to them you can learn to use tricks in a lot of circumstances.

In a way Sorcerers are less forgiving than Wizards, since you're stuck with your spell list, but they also are less daunting, since you're aware of all your tricks, and can master them more easily.

Also, having both a Pharasman and a Dirge Bard in the party is going to be interesting.
    Especially with the Pharasmans hate for the undead, and Dirge Bards favoured technique of using the tools of a necromancer against them.

Heh all, I am still thinking about my char. Probably making a Ranger, but don't know if he should be ranged or melee focused, ore maybe both. Just letting you all know that I have not forgotten about this game.

When do you want to start the game?

I plan on firing up a "prologue" tonight, setting the scene and giving you the opportunity to start interacting and doing some roleplaying. Don't worry if you are not completely done by then - if you have the basics pinned down you can partake in the fun while fleshing out the last details, or jump in whenever you feel ready. I won't advance the story until everybody is ready - but please don't take too long. I'm sure we are all anxious to smash some vampi... erh I mean fairly harmless rats...

In terms of role for your ranger, you will determine your combat style at level 2, so one option is to roll a more generic ranger and defer the specialization choice to level 2. Then you'll have a better feeling for your preferred style of play and the group dynamics. If you haven't done so already, you may want to consult the Player's Guide for inspiration. Here is the Ranger entry

Last edited by Abberdaggus; 01-19-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

The one legged cleric is pretty good in melee combat too. I think, with my char's focus on it and her eventual specialization with cleavecand great cleave, we got the close combat part covered.
    An archer would come in handy...
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

6. Default

I second the archer. Then again I'm bias toward archers and a little jealous that I decided not to do the Ranger.

Okay thanks for your help, thinking of making a combination of melee and archer.

Abber cn you give some hints as to a possible favored enemy

I will try to make my Sheet tonight. But I don't think I will be done before tomorrow evening. (Danish time) What a bout starting gold? do we roll or can I take the average?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Proj3kt View Post
    Okay thanks for your help, thinking of making a combination of melee and archer.

I will try to make my Sheet tonight. But I don't think I will be done before tomorrow evening. (Danish time) What a bout starting gold? do we roll or can I take the average?
    You're from Denmark? That is awesome! I am going there and a couple other countries for research next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Proj3kt View Post

Well, as it said in the ranger-entry copied from the player's guide, animals and vermin are found everywhere and it is no secret that this part of Varisia is also home to a number of goblin tribes. Wrt. gold, you may decide for yourself whether to take average or bet on lady luck...

Struggling a bit with finding usefull feats (since dazzling display is overkill with dirge of doom and haunting refrain), so a couple of questions:
    the Eldritch Heritage: Arcane bloodline feat chain would help me flesh out my backstory a bit, but comes with a couple of catches:
    1 prerequisites: the prerequisite is Skill Focus [class skill offered by bloodline]
    The Arcane bloodline allows Knowledge Any as additional class skill, but is usually interpreted (and imho pretty reasonably) as needing to be seen as Skill Focus Knowledge Arcane.
    Is that something you as DM agree with? It would mesh well with Cyrills function in the party as knowledge monkey/battlefield control.

Secondly, the improved eldritch heritage [Arcane] feat would as written allow me to: 'At 9th level, you can add any one spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list to your list of spells known. This spell must be of a level that you are capable of casting. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and 17th level.' (with 2 levels delay)
    is this something you consider a problem?
    I'd prefer to talk this out now, because whilst I absolutely don't mind a veto on this one, I would prefer that veto to happen before I pick up the prerequisites to that feat.

Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast