Page 221 of 227 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2261

Thread: OOC thread

A heads up: I'm working tomorrow night, so next update will be Tuesday evening.

Paulo and Cyrill are next - they have until Tuesday, then I will move on.

Now, I'm planning on being a bit more strict with the pace of the game going forward - especially when in combat. So, whenever we are in a combat situation where we are waiting for one character to take his/her turn for more than a day or two (not counting weekends), I will take the liberty to skip that character. If you would like to avoid being skipped, just put in a notice in advance, and I will be happy to NPC the character.

Don't get me wrong, I deeply sympathize with busy days and life getting in the way, and I've had my own (sometimes quite extended) periods of blackouts. But I'd like to keep the game flowing, as I am sure you would too.

Another thing is the question of Cyrill: I would appear that Adanedhel is offline for an extended period of time - perhaps permanently. I don't see us puppeting Cyrill forever, so unless he returns soon, Cyrill will decide that he would like to help rebuilding Fort Rannick and take a leave of absence from the group. As far as I am concerned, Adanedhel is a founding member of this campaign, and he will always have a spot to return to, if he should like to do so some time in future.

I'll be fine with going forward with a four-man group - it will perhaps be a bit more challenging, but I'm sure you'll be fine. But if you are scared, we could try to recruit a replacement.

Works for me!

Blog Entries

The initial reaction is quite naturally: He's a dick.
    And you'd be right. I'm having trouble with his complete disassociation from myself as well.
    His broken laptop is no more than an excuse.
    But we have to take into account his Asperger's which makes him have a very narrow focus. Seeing as he's busy working full time for his choir again (I'll never understand it, there's a limit to my empathy and it ends at singing) he has lost all interest in thing not directly related to it.

Perhaps this will change in the future. Perhaps not. I can't predict him.
    As far as I'm concerned a replacement bard would be pretty sweet. Lacking that a replacement anything else.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Well, I'm good with four or five. It's been a long damn time since we added anyone to this game, so I hate to dip into recruitment unless necessary...but based on what Tiger just said, knowing Ad the way he does personally, maybe it is indeed time.

Blog Entries

Millenium hand and shrimp!
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Was working very late tonight, so no update this evening. Will be back tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Dray Truoc View Post
    Paulo suddenly stops what he was doing, and looks down at the swords in his hands...wondering...what WAS he doing?

"Bleh! I fizzled rather the damned pie but whether it suits the miller's precipice or not...hmm??" he opines; adding "The foothills!!" with a shout and raising one sword in the air.
    Pure poetry! I hope someone is writing this down!

Note that the rest of you don't exactly know what the hell just happened. You did notice the crone finishing a spell and probably expect something bad is about to happen. Katharina and Joyya did feel something momentarily clouding their minds - they experienced fighting it off, but they don't know exactly what it was. To determine the exact effects a spellcraft check is needed. Or you can just wait and see what Paulo is up to....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    As far as I'm concerned a replacement bard would be pretty sweet. Lacking that a replacement anything else.
    On this, to me there are two issues we need to take into account:

One is recruitment: We have gone pretty far into the AP, and the question is who would want to apply for something like this and risk becoming the fifth wheel in a campaign they have a hard time relating to? We could risk drawing a dud (no offense, but we have all experienced people dropping off without warning after a few posts...). It might be easier if any of us knew a willing player, who has proved reliable in other campaigns?

The other issue is game balance. I am sure this is something that we probably have different views on. I sometimes get the feeling that you are plowing through much of the content without meeting much of a real challenge. Obviously, this is a biased view from a GMs perspective given that I have perfect information and things may look very different from your point of view. Trash mobs are supposed to be like that, but even bosses tend to go down reasonably fast. To give a few examples, the ogre chieftain is a CR 10 monster by himself - you are currently level 8, so he should be a hard fight. Yes, he hit very hard and could have smashed Kathy to pieces if given enough time, but he was down in round 2. Ironjaw and the ogre sorceress is a combined CR 11, which should in theory be an epic fight - now, I find the battle fun and interesting, but I don't know if epic is the right word. I suppose they might have used better tactics, but ogres are stupid and run-up-an-smash kind of violent, and should not be played as tactical geniuses. Alternatively, I could ramp up the challenge by tweaking the monsters or adding reinforcements, but I'd prefer not to tamper too much with the AP for fear of overdoing it.

Now please don't take this as a rant - it is not. Personally, I don't really care (as long as the monsters occasionally survive long enough to demonstrate some cool or unexpected features) - my main concern is that you might get bored and don't experience the statisfaction of surviving a serious challenge. I hear that having to make a "tactical retreat" once in a while is healthy for the soul....

So, long story short: If you interested in a bit more challenging gameplay, we can continue with the current team (excl. Cyrill). Or if you are happy with things the way they have been so far, we can go look for a replacement - and if so, do you know of anyone who might be interested? Your choice.

My vote is leave it as is. Warrior, healer, mage, rogue: we've got the classic DnD party here and ought to be able to cover most problems as they crop up. Yes, Cyrill made the game easier, but he is the most extraneous of the five PCs, mechanically speaking. If Ad comes back, Cyrill hops back in; if not, we keep it at four and roll on. That's my two cents anyway.

Blog Entries

Cyrill is in large part responsible for the ease with which we take down opposition.
    +3 to hit and +3 to damage is a huge advantage.
    So is Haste.

Also, Kathy is extremely hitty. Much to the detriment of the monsters. But she isn't very armored up. It was pure luck that barbarian ogre didn't make it past two turns. If he had, Katharina would have been a goner. So, it may seem that we breeze through encounters and admittedly they are short but also high risk. It's like we're playing d&d on speed.

As soon as we get a payday I can remedy Kathy's bad AC and then your concerns would be waranted more.
    Characters:

Campaigns: