Page 230 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2323

Thread: OOC thread

1. Default

We are not dead if one of you falls over. Amadeus just has to follow and cast dimension door.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    We are not dead if one of you falls over. Amadeus just has to follow and cast dimension door.
    In water? While sinking?
    Good luck making that concentration roll.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

3. Default

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic/#TOC-Concentration

Worst is extreme violent motion such as earthquake while casting at 20 + 4 for spell level minus 9 caster level and 5 more for attribute bonus for a 10 on d20. Wind driven dust or boat in rapids is 10 plus spell level.

Blog Entries

I'd rather not take that chance.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

As Joyya, I agree.

But sitting here as Mike? I dunno...I kinda wanna see 'im try it.

Blog Entries

That spell...
    Is 3rd party content. I'm not sure that's allowed since 3rd party content is often incredibly OP. As evidenced by said spell.
    Abber?
    Characters:

Campaigns:

On a side note, I think my RotRL game on Mythweavers is dying due to two long-time players being offline for long, long stretches lately, so there goes my conflict of interest, boys. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    That spell...
    Is 3rd party content. I'm not sure that's allowed since 3rd party content is often incredibly OP. As evidenced by said spell.
    Abber?
    I think I'm going with Tiger on this one.

PF1 is a very complex system. Many abilities and features may seem moderate by themselves, but when you combine abilities in specific ways it is possible to achieve synergies that can become extremely powerful and OP. There are so many options in the game that it is next to impossible for me to figure out whether or not to allow certain abilities on a case by case basis. On the other hand, having options and exploring different combos is fun, so I would rather not put too much of a restraint on what you can do.

So in hope of achieving some kind of balance, my general approach is to allow almost anything officially Paizo - exceptions are certain optional aspects that would not fit in well with the campaign (like making monstrous characters, etc.) - but not third party content. I can only hope that the guys at Paizo know what they are doing and have tested their canonical content (even that may be questioned, but still), but judging third party content on a case by case basis would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    On a side note, I think my RotRL game on Mythweavers is dying due to two long-time players being offline for long, long stretches lately, so there goes my conflict of interest, boys. haha
    I'm actually sorry to hear that. It is a sad, but very common occurance that campaigns die out - especially when the game has progressed as far as in your case.

That's fair. I didn't even realize it was 3rd party when I picked it! Can I choose another 1st party level 3 cleric spell as a replacement then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    That's fair. I didn't even realize it was 3rd party when I picked it! Can I choose another 1st party level 3 cleric spell as a replacement then?
    Of course. I probably wouldn’t have noticed myself if Tiger wasn’t observant.