Page 1 of 220 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

Default OOC thread

This is where out f character discussions and information go that are not appropriate for the main thread.

2. Default

*second*

Also, I am looking forward to this game and actually learning the game!

Looking forward to it as well.
    Oh, small question, I took Harmonic Spell feat from Inner Sea, since we're in Golarion, and it is paizo Golarion material, if this is not appropiate I'll switch it out, probably for a skill focus feat.
    (It allows me to not expend bardic music rounds in rounds where I cast spells of 1st lvl or higher. Which at level 1 basically means 2 extra rounds of bardic music.)

Is this your first PbP, Pathfinder or tabletop game, Sigmund? Or combination of the three?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Is this your first PbP, Pathfinder or tabletop game, Sigmund? Or combination of the three?
    Yes, kind of. I participated in a 4e beginner campaign a year ago. It lasted 2 weeks then I had to stop. Much of the crew kind of lost interest.

Edit: but yes, basically all three.
    Last edited by sigmundbalmung; 01-18-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Looking forward to it as well.
    Oh, small question, I took Harmonic Spell feat from Inner Sea, since we're in Golarion, and it is paizo Golarion material, if this is not appropiate I'll switch it out, probably for a skill focus feat.
    (It allows me to not expend bardic music rounds in rounds where I cast spells of 1st lvl or higher. Which at level 1 basically means 2 extra rounds of bardic music.)
    Sure - no problem.

Euhm Sigmundbalmung, since I know you're new, if you want help to make a capable sorcerer, you can always ask me.

I suggest this because your sheet as given has a fault, in that I think you swapped the feats weapon finesse, which has a BAB +1 requirement (which is admittedly ridiculous), and is not for 1 particular weapon and Weapon Focus which does not have said BAB requirement, and gives a flat +1 to hit.

(also, whilst yes, I have the weapon focus feat, I'm aware it's a very bad choice for casters usually, I have taken it with my bard because it's a prerequisite for Dazzling Display, which combines quite nicely with the Dirge Bards focus on fear debuffing. In the same way, given that you really want to use that rapier, try to find something that makes it usefull even for a character like you. Also don't forget that humans get a bonus feat, and you can get proficiency for your rapier by your trait, so I think you have one feat left over)

I don't want to patronise you off course, just offer assistance if neccesary, Tiger knows how rife with mistakes my first PF character was.
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 01-18-2015 at 09:21 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Euhm Sigmundbalmung, since I know you're new, if you want help to make a capable sorcerer, you can always ask me.

I suggest this because your sheet as given has a fault, in that I think you swapped the feats weapon finesse, which has a BAB +1 requirement (which is admittedly ridiculous), and is not for 1 particular weapon and Weapon Focus which does not have said BAB requirement, and gives a flat +1 to hit.

(also, whilst yes, I have the weapon focus feat, I'm aware it's a very bad choice for casters usually, I have taken it with my bard because it's a prerequisite for Dazzling Display, which combines quite nicely with the Dirge Bards focus on fear debuffing. In the same way, given that you really want to use that rapier, try to find something that makes it usefull even for a character like you. Also don't forget that humans get a bonus feat, and you can get proficiency for your rapier by your trait, so I think you have one feat left over)

I don't want to patronise you off course, just offer assistance if neccesary, Tiger knows how rife with mistakes my first PF character was.

It's okay lol. I only chose Weapon Finesse because it works with the Heirloom Weapon trait and helps make the character's use of his rapier better. It works well for the role-play aspect. I'll switch to Weapon Focus though. It seems better for the role-play aspect as the character really only knows how to use his rapier more efficiently over other weapons.

Well, welcome to PbP tabletop, Sigmund. If you stick with it, it'll be your favorite hobby in no time

Blog Entries

*slips in like a stalker in the night*

Page 1 of 220 1231151101 ... LastLast