Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 218

Thread: [IC] Chapter 1: The Brink of War

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Remaining completely blank Thorred strikes at his fallen foe, intent on removing the threat for good.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - ( 1d20+6 ) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - ( 1d8+2 ) [5]

    ((OOC: I didn't include the +4 for him being prone btw.))
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Northwest Indiana)
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Garret holsters the twin pistols as he moves in closer towards the other enemy still clinging to the shadows. "I don't know who you bastards think you are, but you're going to pay for this..."

    [I forget what action it is to holster weapons, so if it takes more than a move action, Garret will just drop the pistols, reluctantly... They're his good ones lol ]
    By four o'clock, I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in entire world instead. - Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitian

  3. #193

    Default

    Gnool growls.

    Gods, he hates to miss. Especially twice.

    Fuck.

    Breaking into a sprint, the hobgoblin runs, leaps and drives a single arrow straight down at the prone foe who Thorred targeted, stabbing with the projectile with a proficiency unlike most warriors.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCharge Attack - (1d20+14) [18]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+4) [9]



  4. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,347
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    ((What a charge!! God I love the Bowman class! lol

    You have Quickdraw, unless I'm mistaken. I let Quickdraw be for both drawing and holstering, so you're good.))

    Viktoria and her opponent continue their dance, however Viktoria scores a strike that will quickly make for an end to said dance. Her blade slips past a dip in the man's otherwise perfect guard and drives home into his upper thigh. She pulls her blade free, causing a gush of blood to erupt from the man's leg. He howls out in pain, snarling at her as he retreats a few hasty steps. He reaches up with his free hand and wrenches a small medallion off of his coat, throwing it the ground where it explodes with a small thud and a puff of smoke.

    When the smoke clears, the man is gone, a pool of blood the only sign that he was ever there.

    Down on the ground, Thorred pummels the man on the ground, slipping past his whirling blades with a solid kick to the man's ribs, causing him to grunt in pain.

    Even more surprising is Gnool's reaction, as the archer comes running in, forsaking his bow to instead drive an arrow straight through the man's shoulder, nearly pinning him to the ground, such was the force of the blow. The man screams in pain, clearly surprised by the turn of events. Somehow, he manages to tumble to the side, away from the mad archer and the demon monk, kipping up to his feet in a smooth, well practiced motion. He too reaches up and rips a small medallion off of his jacket, disappearing in the same puff of smoke.

    Meanwhile, Garret holsters his pistols and moves closer to the musketeer. He gets up close to the building, but finds that the musketeer must have moved off further away.

    From ontop the battlements, across the courtyard from Viktoria, a muzzle flash is seen as a man, kneeling on the ramparts, is seen in the flash as the weapon goes off, aimed directly at Garret.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (4d4) [7]
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

    For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors




  5. #195

    Default

    Gnool hears the shot and sees the hit. He immediately retrieves his bow and looks to find the sniper's location...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+7) [13]

    (OOC: Oh man, Fox...me too I've never really played an archer that felt like a badass until Gnool. The Ranger just never seemed to do the trick. But this guy? Wielding arrows as melee weapons like Raphael's sais? Badassery, my friend.

    Also, I imagine getting the bow and shooting this turn is too much, after that. But if I'm wrong, lemme know and I'll shoot the fucker if I can locate him/her/it.)



  6. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,347
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    ((As far as I'm aware, you never dropped your bow. Entirely plausible to have carried your bow in one hand and stabbed the mofo with an arrow in the other.

    Also, while he isn't easy to see, you do know where he is at. 20% concealment.

    All that said, you're good to shoot this round. Just roll your miss chance (1d200). 1-20 misses due to concealment.))
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

    For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors




  7. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Northwest Indiana)
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Garret clicks his tongue in irritation as his armor deflects the grazing shot. That was too bloody close for my liking. Better take down that little shit... He pulls out a fresh pair of pistols and begins to run after the source of the attack. Higher ground - an obvious choice.

    [ Garret will run to get closer to his attacker, if possible ]

  8. #198

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+11) [17]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMiss Chance - (1d100) [89]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+11) [27]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [8]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMiss Chance - (1d100) [25]

    Gnool comes up shooting, firing two arrows - one of them still dripping with the blood of a now-disappeared sonofabitch - at the figure in the shadows who'd shot at Garret.

    (OOC: All the better, my friend! Here's hopin'...)



  9. #199

    Default

    Viktoria takes a long moment to take in the sights and sounds around her, evaluating the situation and the path to the shadowed shooter.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) [12]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  10. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    At the disappearance of his current opponent, Thorred lifts his piercing gaze to scan the fort for more opponents.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+9) [27]
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •