Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: [IC] Chapter 1: The Brink of War

Blog Entries

((Once every 6 days is pretty close, eh?

Sorry bout that. Busy as F* weekend))

Garret runs for the north side of the fort where he knows there is a staircase to the battlements. Knowing the lay of the land helps him out, and he's able to get midway up the stairs this round.

Viktoria takes a moment to look around and notices 3 things. 1, the man she helped is still hanging around nearby, one hand pressed to his injured shoulder, but his eyes saying he's ready to help if necessary. 2, if she stays on the battlements, she could round her way to the northside of the keep (At a dead run) in 2 rounds. 3....All three men are at the north battlements. The one wielding the rifle now is the one from the shadows of the barracks. The other two, the Dual-swordsman and Viktoria's opponent seem to be reloading rifles for him....its safe to assume that there will be more than one shot every 12 seconds from now on.

Thorred spots their opponent, just like everyone else, on the north battlements. He is just lifting his rifle from having taken his shot at the good Captain Garret.

Gnool, meanwhile, whips his first arrow into the air, but the blood dripping from the tip and quickness of the shot causes the shot to miss its target. The second shot however slices through the top of the man's shoulder. While not a direct hit, its definitely bleeding a good amount and the cursing coming from the man speaks volumes about the pain it caused.

However, the man lifts another rifle quickly, taking aim at the good Captain once more, and fires a shot.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (4d4) [15]

And then he quickly lets the rifle fall to his side as another rifle seems to be slid into his hands and he takes aim.... across the courtyard, at the man next to Viktoria.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (4d4) [10]

However, it seems to be this one particular guardsman's lucky day....Because when the hammer falls, and the spark ignites....nothing happens for a long second....Followed by an explosion and the screech of metal on metal as the gun explodes in the man's hands, showering the area with shrapnel.

Two voices are heard cursing loudly, followed by a trio of thuds (One, then two).

When Garret reaches the spot where the men had been, only smoke charred stones and some bloodstains remain to say that the men had been there. It seems they had fled into the night.

Silence falls on the keep, but for the heavy breathing of the five survivors of this bloody massacre.

(Man... Misfires are a BITCH on heavily modified rifles..... Haha

Congratulations! You guys actually managed to save one of the unlucky bastards! I honestly didn't expect that.

Everyone level up and take some time to roleplay amongst yourselves.

Yamazaki, if you would like to create a persona for the sole surviving soldier of your little army, you're welcome to. If not, I shall do so. Just let me know.)
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

(OOC: Oh ho! Level up, eh?! Awesome. Now I just have to wait until I get home to my Arcanis book to see what my bowman will be doing next )

Gnool frowns deeply as he looks at the wounded Garrett and the now-abandoned fort.

"That not what you expected, eh, Captain?"

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

Seeing the foes vanish, Thorred visibly relaxes, the tightness flowing out of his large muscled frame. He nods to Gnool in an almost friendly fashion, then turns back towards the ship. "Perhaps it best we not linger in this place. They will return with friends I think..."
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Garret silently goes to his one surviving comrade and checks up on him. "Hang in there, soldier. I'm going to check up on everything else. Get some rest."

[ if the soldier needs healing, Garret will activate his Healing Belt, and use a charge to heal 2d8: Authentic Forum Dice-rollhealing - (2d8) [9] ]

After checking up on the survivor, he goes to the party. "I must apologize for my paranoia earlier. While I would like to have some answers from you, I do know you all to be on my side, at least for now. What do you know of these attackers? They're going to pay for what they did here..."

Blog Entries

Gnool and Thorred are pretty sure that these were the same people from before, outside the Shipyard. If so, and If they hold to their current pattern, they are likely long gone.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

"I fear these were dogs sent to chase down those who would challenge their master...." Looking to Gnool for confirmation, Thorred adds, "likely the same dogs we've encountered once before. Though they didn't seem to be after us as they were before."
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

"We need to do a quick sweep of this outpost, then return to our ship," Viktoria suggests. She looks directly at Garret. "All of us. There is much to discuss."
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 01-13-2015 at 08:04 PM.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

"Your man too. Wounded, but he will live. No one is safe here. Our ship...there, at least, we can hope," the half-hobgoblin adds without much enthusiasm.

"Ship is smaller with fewer places to hide at least." Thorred shrugs.

That's part of it...but Gnool felt something else. When he looked at Garrett, when he fought here...he felt it.

Did they all? He didn't know.

But he thought they did...

Who couldn't? Who couldn't feel that...that surge? That nudge? That sense that this - here, now, THIS - was where they were supposed to be?

For an assassin who believed fate to be little more than religious lies without the priests, the bowman feared his own mind as the thoughts raced through it...but that didn't stop them from feeling true.

And that, as it always has been, is the worst damn part, too.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast