Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of Creation Open Source

Blog Entries

Default Lords of Creation Open Source

Having Garner'ed Permisson, This thread with be for the furtherment of the Lords of Creation System.

All Ideas shall be welcome, but not all will be implemented as core. Some may be marked as house rules.

Blog Entries

*Saved for Later Use*

Blog Entries

*saved for later use*

Blog Entries

*saved for Later use*

I am here, ready to help revise the rules.

Well obviously at my computer right now, duh

Mythlord reporting for duty. I'll help rewrite the rules and playtest.

I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS GAME DIE. IT SHALL LIVE!!

This is a great idea and i am just sad that we were closing the original. but I help continue making the rules, and if necessary Gm a game or two. But i would prefer to playtest as a character

and for my first comment i think we should add to the rules that in the beginning THERE IS NOTHING. Unless the Gm specifies, the only things are the gods/goddesses. And to prevent further confusion, Create Concept should create a new basic concept, unknown by the mortals. So like in our first game, time is happening and affecting the mortals, but the mortals do not know what to call it, or how to measure it. (Not trying to reopen wounds, but to prevent furth arguments like that one)
    Last edited by mythlord; 04-10-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Characters
    Brarathtia , elven wizard, Lycanthrope form
    Xemeu, in the Lord of creation
    and finally Griffin, a technopath in New Chicago

Blog Entries

Seems to me what you have here is a nice start to a System but not a complete one. Guess everybody knows that now.

I will be reading it more carefully later on but there needs to be a fair bit of explaination with these rules. Especially in the basics of what you get when you create things. Do the Rules here reflect what was learned/decided in the game that was just run?

This is a good idea for a System but the concept is so big you just cannot shorthand the Rules. The potential game dynamics are insanely complex. This is so big that it really needs a lot of detail.

A.T
    (-)

Well obviously at my computer right now, duh

To A.T.

These rules are the exact same as the ones we played with. we haven't made any additions to them yet. Cbolt might try to continue the game in the forum, but we still don't know yet. And it is still a very crude ruleset. we will try to make things more clear as we make changes to the rules.
    Characters
    Brarathtia , elven wizard, Lycanthrope form
    Xemeu, in the Lord of creation
    and finally Griffin, a technopath in New Chicago

Blog Entries

i think a bit of clarification is needed as to the difference bettween follower population and follower power. For instance, in the Bless and Curse entries, it increases follower population (FP), but in the follower power entry it implies that FP is follower power. I have a feeling they're the same thing, since their concept seems similar.

Also in the DP per week entry, if they are the same thing, then i'd suggest just amending the Follower power entry to have the 1DP/20FP and getting rid of the redundant sentance instead of having the esoteric "number and power of follower". Also, does the 1DP/20FP mean that you get 1DP for each mortal group of worshippers you have at 20FP or the total FP representing your entire worshippers? (Ex: 1 lvl 20 mortal group or 2 lvl 10 mortal groups?)

Also, in the teach populous entry, it talks about advancing to the next follower rank, here also denoted by (FP).

Does the Avatar staying by your side mean its in the astral realm with the god or stays by your side as its still obeying its tennants and sticking by its greater self? Same goes with Exarch.

When does a mortal group advance a Teir? Is it the same as the FP levels for civ powers? Is it a separate measurement all together?

Having followed the game a bit (missed entries the first time around) I think the ability Create Concept needs to be clarified and broken down into several abilities.

In essence, creating the Concept of Unexpectedly Short Fuses (DP 1), Bronze Working (DP 3) and Time (DP 7) are all way out of scale with each-other and their DP cost should reflect this.

Creating Fundamentals of the Universe should be more expensive than Technological Advances which should be expensive than Cultural Quirks

Religious beliefs and practices belong in there somewhere around Technological Advances I imagine.
    I am the line of division.

Volos of Team Evil

Ranos in Shades of Eternity.

DM of Lords and Ladies.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast