photo eliteArrayBanner1.jpg
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free RPG Gaming Materials - A Gather Information Thread

Blog Entries

Default Free RPG Gaming Materials - A Gather Information Thread

As a result of a recent discussion in our IRC chatroom, Lowthor made a good suggestion and here we plan to begin making this idea come to fruition...

We're looking to create a compilation of the best free RPG materials out there for the taking. If you know of any quality free materials that we could review and add to a list we're compiling, please post it here. We're looking for free systems, settings, and adventures. Include a review of your own if you want bonus points.

I'll start it off with this one.

------------------------------------------------------------

d20 3.x Netbooks and Downloads

The netbooks located here are many and varied. They are the result of numerous people coming together to create a ton of information on various things d20. Some examples of the content located here is...

Celtic Druids & the Tuatha De Dannan

Liber Mysterium: the Netbook of Witches

Netbook of Magical Treasures

Netbook of Spells

Netbook of Classes vol.1

And there are even more...

This site is a little treasure trove of free and legal d20 information just sitting there for the taking.

------------------------------------------

Anyone else know of something? Any system or setting... Show us where the free stuff is.
    Last edited by Ao; 03-25-2009 at 03:08 AM.
    Check out my eBook called How to GameMaster Online available on Amazon.com !

Let the Good Times Roll ! Drop in the Chatroom and say hi.

Witchcraft corebook

The only freely available version of the Unisystem rules (used for other games like All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Armageddon, Conspiracy X) and well worth looking at in it's own right not just as a reference for the rules if your playing one of those other games.

It's what I like to call a modern setting with supernatural elements (like magic, psychic powers, vampires, werewolves, etc), it's predominately aimed toward games run with at least some level of horror in them but is very flexible. You can run everything from something like Supernatural with mortal hunters fighting the supernatural to games with wizards blasting hellspawn by night and working 9-5 as software developers by day. You can even run games with the PCs as the supernatural beings (although that is usually easier with the supplements that it has however you can make your own races fairly easily).

It is a points based character creation system your point allocation depends on the power level of the game the GM is running, and which of a number of types of character you choose (Mundanes for example have the same number of points as Gifted but due to not being able to buy metaphysics have them split up a little differently). The mechanics for all task rolls in the game are pretty much identical 1d10+Attribute+Skill opposed by the enemy roll, or with a target of 9. Modifiers are applied for particularly easy or hard tasks.

Here!!!! is a list of free PDF's from Gamesworkshop for their out of print games.
    “Tired of Life? Join the Expeditionary Force and See the Cosmos.”

A person I knew on the gleemax psionics board made a powers revision for a lot of the 3.5 psionics stuff. Here is a link to it directly: Link
    Here is a link to the thread that links to the direct link: Link
    Author's username = Lycanthromancer.

I don't know if this is really a RPG, but it does fit the quality and free requirements and is a fantasy style storytelling stuff. It can be adapted for fluff in a fantasy world for sure.

HERE

For those who love warhammer 40k and want a d20 rule set...
    Link

7. Default

The Post-Apocalyptic forge is a great free resource for user created Post-Apocalyptic material and systems, including my favorite the Fallout PnP 2.0
    I havent looked at everything but what I've seen I liked.

HERE

Sandor at the Zoo has few mini rpg games, nothing too involved, as well as some add ons to other systems.

LINKY

Rumble is a small combat based game the PC's are either space ships or superheros or anything really just tweak the flavor toward your own ends. Probably better as a forum game than anything else.

HERE

And lastly, I think I saw a post somewhere on the site but it belongs here too.
    Steve Jackson has a free lite version of the GURPS rules. It's not enough to play the game but if the GM has the actual book, the lite rules are all the PC's should need.

LINK
    Last edited by NotablePariah; 03-23-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Here is TSR's Space RPG game.

Here is the core rulebook for the Fuzion system, a very generic and definitely houseruleable (houserulabe?) system which can be made to fit any setting.
    "Surely thine kind are more than pure dark."

Creator of the Mass Effect Saga Edition conversion.
    Read my blog! And comment! And stuff!

Here is a free superhero game. You can also find a lot of other free games at this site by selecting BY PRICE: Free in the browse section.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast