Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC Chat] The Fourth Wall

Blog Entries

Default [OOC Chat] The Fourth Wall

Here is the obligatory OOC chat thread. Chit chat in here about whatever you like. Questions, comments, holiday wishes, leaves of absence, favorite kind of cheese, or whatever hell else you crazy folks wish to talk about goes here.

Please try to avoid posting in the IC thread if you have no IC comments or actions to take. Anotherwords, if your entire post is going to be Out of Character, please try to put it over here.

~~~~~~~~On Posting Format~~~~~~~~~

I like to try to keep the IC chat reading as much like a story as possible. To facilitate this, please try to adhere to the following posting format when possible. I have found this to be the easiest way to keep track of things.

Speech should be Bolded and inside Quotation (" ") Marks.

Internal Thoughts should be Italicized

External Thoughts (Telepathy and other similar abilities) should be Bolded and Italicized and the recipient of the message should be made clear in some fashion.

Actions during Combat should be placed into a Spoiler Box with the title of 'Actions', and should be broken down into Standard, Move, Swift, or any other kind of action you might have available, along with applicable rolls.

Actions that require a roll outside of combat should be similarly placed into a Spoiler box as described above, along with a brief summary of what you are trying to accomplish.

OOC comments or questions that are made along with IC comments should be in a separate Spoiler box labeled 'OOC'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Overly simplified Example Post~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kalar looked at the man calmly, lifting his bow. "You don't want to do this friend. I'm not one to brag, but I doubt you'd even get close enough to touch me before I dropped you with an arrow. And I really don't want to do that."

Kalar sighs as he reaches for an arrow. I really hope it doesn't come to this. He opened his mind to the link he had made earlier with the wizard, Keldarn, through a mind link spell for just such an occasssion. This gentleman and his friends are really not very happy. Anything you can do to calm him down?

"Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Blog Entries

Please create a thread in the Character's Section with your Character's name as the title. Please post a link to their character sheet inside, along with their Cohort's sheet, and your Backstory.

Those threads can be used as you wish to track items, gold, and XP gained, and they will be used to track all options gained upon gaining a level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~On Spoiler Tags~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rather than PMing people (As that can be a major hassle if I have to send multiple PMs from my phone), I will be using Spoiler Tags to provide private information to individual people or groups, as necessary or relevant.

All player's are welcome to read open and read these spoiler tags, with one caveat: Any information gained this way is PLAYER knowledge only. Your characters will not know this information unless they were the intended recipient of the Spoiler Tag, or the information is shared with you by the intended recipient. Any player found to be intentionally using Player knowledge In Character will be warned. Upon occasion to receive a third warning, you will be removed form the game and replaced. (Note: I realize that sometimes it can be difficult from time to time to separate IC and OOC knowledge. It happens to the best of us. This rule only applies if I think you are intentionally abusing the Spoiler Tags to gain OOC knowledge and then applying it IC.)
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Welcome to the game, folks! Looking forward to it

Fox, thanks for setting us up with a sweet, organized forum to play in, bud. Much appreciated. My PC's sheet thread is up and I'm ready to go whenever others are.

Character sheet posted, ready to go!

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Blog Entries

Alright folks, the first IC thread is up and ready to go whenever you folks are.

You're free to come and go as you please. I don't expect you guys to be a party yet, though if some of you want to run into each other, I'll leave that up to you.

I'll be using the Prologue to pull the party together (if I can. Lol), and sow some seeds of story for you guys to follow if you so desire, but don't feel like you HAVE to do anything. You're all welcome to do whatever it is you feel like doing....just don't blame me if you do something stupid and it goes horribly wrong.

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

Isn't that what makes things get interesting?
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Welp, my death-dealing, sharp-shooting assassin has decided to try to go straight with a nine-to-five gig. If that isn't stupid and sure to go horribly wrong, I don't know what is

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

First one to post in the IC thread! WHEE!! :P
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

9. Default

I have been out with the flu, so my first post may take me a bit.

You were close to first, Sober...so close.

Hope you're feeling better, King!

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast