Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: You can't take the sky from me

Blog Entries

Oh, yes, I think I'll do that

Things are still a bit fluid at the moment, primarily with skill allocation as I have a few questions, but here's most of Wen. https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2157387

My questions regard which skill would be used for piloting? Profession Spacefarer? Profession Pilot? Fly? Use Magic Device since they run on magic?

Basic airships indicate piloting checks are not necessary: "is propelled by an easily controlled magical engine" / "Driving Check: none (magic)." Oppose to something like an alchemical dragon: "Driving Check: Craft (alchemy) or Knowledge (arcana) +10 to the DC."

Many items like cosomgrams give bonus' to navigate via Knowledge geography and survival checks. Would a navigator be better than a pilot for our purposes?

If there's input welcomed... it'd really fit my build already if it used UMD to slot into pilot position.
    Last edited by No Body; 03-26-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

profession spacefarer will be used in regard to piloting.

A navigator would generally come in handy if you're not on an established space route, while knowledge geography could come in very handy, survival checks probably won't when you are in deep space or trying to circumvent an establish checkpoint.

A pilot is going to help you avoid danger once you have gotten close enough to see it, and fly faster, a navigator might be able to help avoid those dangers entirely and find a more direct route. I did give background skill points for a reason

4. Default

You know I said I was interested...but thinking about it and the fact that on other sites I joined games since stating interest I think I probably don't have time or creative juices to spare for this.
    Last edited by southeast; 03-26-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

You know I said I was interested...but thinking about it and the fact that on other sites I joined games since stating interest I think I probably don't have time or creative juices to spare for this.
    all good, take care in the meantime

if I can get everyone who is interested in acting as the captain say so? I almost have my last player put together, enough that we can start at least.

once we everyone has a chance to throw their hat in the ring, just go ahead and vote on who you think should be the leader. If we are quick, I might be able to have the prologue up by tomorrow night

(note, you will not be playing your own characters in the prologue, rather some pregenerated characters made by me)

Blog Entries

Jason Remi, human pilot, medic and herbalist. I would prefer if someone else was the captain unless there is no one else interested, in which case Jason might as well be one (but he's not very authoritative).

Just need to write the background.

Edit: All done.

Elan, strictly a suggestion, but you could have had Jason take part in the monarchy vs freeman war, he could have served either side?

for reference the war would have ended about 6 years ago, with a decisive win on the Monarchy's side.

Blog Entries

Ok, I'll make him 6 years older and a former medic for the Monarchy. Any suggestion for the frontier settlement and planet he was born at?

Alright, I switched out a trait, rearranged some skills, dropped the wayfinder and picked up a cosmogram. Wen's now a bonafide sub-par navigator.

He'll also throw his hat in for Captain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d8) (5, 4) [9]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast