Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWEST OOC Planner/Discussion Thread for Players

All I have managed to do is look up stuff pertaining to Ulvenn and his scrolls of free movement and casting.

I have not read the thread to date.

Frankly I am not interested in knowing what the party is going to do during the fight, I'd really rather be "surprised" since the NPCs are supposed to be surprised? So I am trying so hard to just skim or skip over things that are about tactics.

Now I must excuse myself. In-laws are calling.

@Memnok's bag: Somehow I entirely missed everything below Boundary chalk. Adding it to the equipment list now.

@Scrolls of Freedom of Movement: If he used 3 at the tower than odds are pretty good he's out as I'm fairly certain I haven't touched the scrolls in my sheet and I have 3 there. I apologize, I never updated my sheet since that was during my leave of absence and I must've spaced it even though you told me about it. I'll correct that now...

VERY convenient that we have a wand of Freedom of Movement then.

If you still want the wisdom rolls (which given that I read that over somehow I missed that I'm supposed to make wisdom checks): Authentic Forum Dice-rollwisdom roll 1 - (1d20+5) (17) [22] Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom roll 2 - (1d20+5) (16) [21]

Feeling rather foolish right now, but I'm going to blame school and quarantine brain.

@Zeros: Ret-con and use wand instead? In which case I do not need Wisdom rolls.

I am nowhere near firing on all cylinders and failed to keep up with the Loot thread myself, so I point no fingers.

I'm trying to be better about making sure everything is up to date...

An idea (that I can't implement until later) is that you let each player post in the Loot thread so they can keep it up to date themselves, but since you can edit their posts you can ALSO update it. To avoid confusion you could keep a little spoiler in the bottom of it like this...

EDIT: Yes, probably should ret-con. I can go make the adjustments if you'd like but I've a big test tomorrow and don't have the time today
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-29-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    I'm trying to be better about making sure everything is up to date...

An idea (that I can't implement until later) is that you let each player post in the Loot thread so they can keep it up to date themselves, but since you can edit their posts you can ALSO update it. To avoid confusion you could keep a little spoiler in the bottom of it like this...

EDIT: Yes, probably should ret-con. I can go make the adjustments if you'd like but I've a big test tomorrow and don't have the time today

Studying first, gaming second, carry on and best wishes on your exam!

Good idea about the Loot thread.

EDIT: I can update Ulvenn's last post to using wand instead, it's such a tiny change, NBD.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-29-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Note: If they are insisting upon introductions up front Ulvenn will insist starting 10 paces from each other ('proper duel' Format) so we could still get the evard's black tentacles off if we go first.

I won't be able to post till tomorrow though... Nothing substantial at least and I apologize for that.

Evard's tentacles, I remember the days of 3.5!

@everyone: Let me know with a Planner post here when your PC is ready for the duel to begin?

We will do a "formal duel start" post, then on to rolling group initiative (based on whoever's Initiative is highest...so PCs, please post for me in the Planner what your Initiative bonus will be?

Refresher:

Initiative = d20+ Your Dexterity modifier + any bonus from a Trait or spell or Class Ability that specifically uses the terms "bonus to Initiative checks" OR that applies to an "ability check." (Good hope +2 is a good example of this)
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-30-2020 at 07:45 AM.

+10 between dex and Good hope. Don't think there's anything else.

3.5 is still my preferred system tbh. Although certainly some of that is a holdover from the fact that its my first system.

And I'll be ready to post a little more deeply come 13ish hours from now...

9. Default

+5 (dex)

@Zeros/GT: To answer a question one of you raised earlier, for what it's worth, since the Shadow Plane is considered "normal light," a daylight spell would be considered "bright light." That does trigger light blindness (drow blinded 1 round).

However, these drow are already "dazzled" from being outside (-1 Perception and attack rolls)
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-30-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast