Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 334

Thread: Chapter Four: Are There Any Bad Seeds?

  1. Default

    Shade smiles and lifts the flap of her pouch. "Bizbee, do we have a bit of cheese in there?" She glances up at Flint and Ulvenn. "Bizbee is a grig. A brilliant organizer. Not terribly social."

    "And what time do I have to be social?" Bizbee demanded, fuzzy-tipped antennae bobbing as he shoved a hunk of parchment-wrapped yellow cheese at her. "Have ye seen the state of this place?" he asked, gesturing into the pouch. "And with you and the pink one always shovin' more into it besides? Humph."

    Shade ignores Bizbee's tirade and unwraps the cheese before offering it to Syriaax. "Cheese," she offers.

    She looks down as the almiraj noses at her boot.

    "well you have met jack" Flint lightly pets the almiraj's head "if he accidentally pokes you, you might turn to stone... but that is the only trick trick he has that I know of" flint shrugs
    "That is his best trick," she agrees. "A rather gruesome aspect of the almiraj is the fact that they must eat their prey alive--stone food not being part of a balanced diet. You may also be interested to know they are highly sought as witch familiars because they’re responsive to hexes. Unfortunately, that is a double-edged sword. They are more vulnerable to harmful hexes in addition to benefiting more from helpful ones. They're also intelligent and champion burrowers. But that, of course, you would already know."
    "yeah.. we should definitely talk about that.. later" Flint mumbles
    Shade is relieved to hear that he's willing to volunteer the story. Not only is it a positive step toward building the trust between them, but it also means she'll have a better chance of looking out for anyone who might want to make good on that wanted poster.

    "The pink one?" Peasblossom demands. She points at Ulvenn and continues to shout at the pouch. "Did you not hear the lovely poem he wrote about me? Just now, inspired as he was by myself?"

    "Poem?" Bizbee peeks out of the pouch so only his eyes are visible. "Do ye know any limericks, then?"

  2. #122

    Default

    "Ehhhh..." it is apparent that he doesn't usually lack for words but is caught off guard here, "Far from classically trained. More an adaptation from Ulfen fire-side songs, Sailor shanties, and with a little inspiration from the Bard," Ulvenn says a touch of red creeping up his cheeks, his poetic tendencies was usually adopted or mocked by others, he was never questioned on them, "So much more free in style," he coughs aloud as he begins preparing the spells he figures are best.

    He pauses as he realizes something, "Their Hell hound won't reach you," he says flicking out another wand, "You'll be in the air." He then chuckles as another thought occurs to him.

    He Signs quickly to Flint, 'Dragon can cast an illusion of you to trick the Drow, let you get into position. I'm sure I can keep their attention for a few moments to get you in position.' He sends to Syriaax to create an image of Flint and practice moving it around like the rogue (We don't need Syriaax invisible for Grease since we'll have tentacles )

    To Pang he sends telepathically,




    These can be cast at any time without any real reason to keep them off as we have less than 4 minutes to cast them.
    Invisibility for Flint (permanent)
    Fly for all 3 (5 minute timer) (Keeps shade out of range of Hell Hound)
    Bull's Strength for Ulvenn (5 minute timer)
    Freedom of Movement for Ulvenn and Flint (10+ minute timer)
    Scroll of Fireshield for Shade (9 minute timer) (Prefer to save it if possible and flight will keep the dog off you)

    These are limited in time, to be cast 1-3 rounds before combat starts
    Shield for all 3 (10 round timer) ((We'll probably only get like 8 rounds out of these due to order of casting and that Shade's UMD isn't consistent enough to get the spells off)) Everyone actually has to make their own attempt at this one, shield is a personal range spell.
    Haste for all 3 (1 casting) (5 round timer) Flint will do just before combat starts

    Including these here but only the fly and freedom of movement is being done right now as the rest we want to preserve length. Auto succeed on wands (maybe a fail on wands because UMD is special).
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD Wand Fly - (1d20+18+2) (6) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD Wand Fly - (1d20+18+2) (8) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD Wand Fly - (1d20+18+2) (2) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD Scroll Freedom of Movement - (1d20+18+2) (2) [22] CHANGED to UMD wand of freedom of movement, SUCCESS
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD Scroll Freedom of Movement - (1d20+18+2) (9) [29] CHANGED to UMD wand of freedom of movement, SUCCESS
    Drink Potion of BUll's strength (no check)

    I'll cast then hand off to Flint then to Shade who will each have to make their own check. Not casting at this moment, rolling for when I actually cast it.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD Wand Shield - (1d20+18+2) (18) [38]
    We'll give Flint the Wand of Haste to use at last second before combat begins so that we get the maximum length of time
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-29-2020 at 06:08 PM.


  3. #123

    Default

    RE-POST: Pang to Flint, so it does not get lost in the shuffle:




    NEW POST:





    Shade ignores Bizbee's tirade and unwraps the cheese before offering it to Syriaax. "Cheese," she offers.
    The faerie pseudodragon leaps off Ulvenn's shoulder into the air and swoops toward Shade, snatching the cheese in her claws. Then she returns to her perch and nibbles between purrs and burbles.

    In Draconic


    Jack puts his front paws on Shade's leg and stretches his twitching nose up, begging for food (despite the fact Flint feeds him snacks fairly often). The motion again exposes the horrible scars and patches of missing fur on his belly---which show that, like his companion, he has known cruelty and violence, but he is a survivor.

    The companions begin casting spells upon themselves and each other and discussing strategy, including how Syriaax might be useful.


    OOC:

    Syriaax's spells per day left: ONE use of greater invisibility, which lasts 3 rounds. 4 more castings of any of the following: silent image, grease, sleep (all saves DC 16)
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-29-2020 at 05:58 PM.

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pang
    If this woman insists to work closely with you, we want this woman to trust you, and me, do we not? Hiding is suspicious, the longer hiding, the more suspicious. Introduce me, before I must introduce myself.

    Her news about poster with your name, your private name, most worrying. Using private name means somebody talking to authorities who knows you well. Traitor. I will, of course, help you punish traitor if you ask. But first we need more information. She may have more.
    Flint shrugs "introduce yourself then" flint says out loud "but we should wait till after the duel to find out what she know"

    Smiling as flint frees some leftovers from his banquet the night before from his pack, handing them to shade to offer to his ever hungry companion.

    Another thing that Jack and Flint had in common is that they could never be satisfied, being born hungry meant that no matter how much wealth and power Flint could amass in his life time, Flint was doomed to die hungry. And that is why even as he could hardly hold his gold in a magical sack, Flint still couldn't help but eye every passerby, always on the prowl for a good mark.

  5. #125

    Default

    Still trying to persuade Flint, Pang does not answer Ulvenn right away.

    "Thank you for your help, master blade, send to Lady Weslen and Ashlan and ask if the Drow have attempted any obvious deceptions... Illusions, invisibility, traps? Better to know without having to ask in person."




    Lady Weslen arrives in the broken doorway of the Oppara Gate chamber, and starts moving aside the largest split wood pieces with her gold painted mechanical arm. "I have cast a status spell to make sure the drow do not come too near death during the contest. May I cast the same spell on each of you? The drow have also requested a formal introduction before the duel as a matter of protocol. I think titles or working aliases would be sufficient, if that is more comfortable?"


    ***If anyone asks her what spells the drow are casting...

    Last edited by magrat4; 03-29-2020 at 07:41 PM.

  6. #126

    Default

    Flint shrugs "introduce yourself then" flint says out loud "but we should wait till after the duel to find out what she know"
    The purple glowing dagger inside the roguish Taldan's wrist sheath emits an actual sigh, which to onlookers seems to issue from his sleeve.

    [GM is only assuming this is where Pang is kept? I can correct this later.]


    Out loud a cultured *Tian [think Japanese] male voice says, "Miss Renard and Miss Peasblossom, I must introduce myself if nobody else will. Pang is my name. Pleasing to meet you.

    My spirit lives inside that same dagger which made nighthaunt dragon bleed. I chose this life hundreds of years ago and do not wish to leave it, or alter my condition. Not yet. For now I am teacher for this young man. In combat I offer him edge he needs."

    The dagger's sedate tone suggests no double entendre was intended.


    ***If Flint takes out dagger

    Last edited by magrat4; 03-29-2020 at 08:00 PM.

  7. Default

    Shade curses under her breath. "If they are flying, then tentacles will be of little use. Perhaps an ice storm?"

  8. Default

    Peasblossom perks up. "Oh! You could laugh at them!"

    Shade arches an eyebrow. "It's cackling, Peasblossom. When a witch laughs with intent, it's cackling." She taps her lip, then smiles slowly. "I could cause Vothor to suffer misfortune."

    "Then you cackle at her," Peasblossom says happily.

    Shade nods. "I could summon an ice storm after that. It would make everything worse for her. And Peasblossom can weaken another opponent."

    "Miss Renard and Miss Peasblossom, I must introduce myself if nobody else will. Pang is my name. Pleasing to meet you.

    My spirit lives inside that same dagger which made nighthaunt dragon bleed. I chose this life hundreds of years ago and do not wish to leave it, or alter my condition. Not yet. For now I am teacher for this young man. In combat I offer him edge he needs."
    She turns toward the sound of the voice. "Greetings, Pang. A pleasure to meet you."

    Shade also accepts the food from Flint and give it to the almiraj, careful to avoid his horn.
    (OOC: Shade is suggesting that she uses a misfortune hex on Vothor, then cackles as a move action to keep it going and cast ice storm for round 2's action. And Peasblossom can taken the stricken heart touch spell to use against someone else's opponent to stagger them?)
    Last edited by jblackstream; 03-29-2020 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #129

    Default

    Flint grimaces, that keen nose would make his invisibility much more difficult to pull off, if only Korman was here to help hide his scent, fortunately his other spells were completely pointless as long as Flint wore his ring of blind sight, but that also meant that the ladies "status" spell wouldn't work on him either. Flint frees his final potion of flight, he will down it as he leaves the room to preserve the enchantment as long as possible.

    "I would hardly call you my teacher" Flint rolls his eyes at Pang's introduction "the only thing you taught me is that I should probably find a deep hole to drop you in" Flint grins softly

  10. #130

    Default

    "Prudent as ever master blade," Ulvenn sends to Pang.

    Ulvenn does inquire as to the spells the Drow are performing and appreciates the Lady's willingness to share, "Don't doubt for fairness. The drow are dirty and will use every trick they can to get along. Don't think that being honorable will protect this gate from whatever they have in store..."

    "If they insist on a formal beginning to the duel then so will I. 10 paces and beginning the duel on the ground is only fair. The Beaver's dam doesn't grow by allowing the river to take its sticks but by constantly shoring and taking from the forest to maintain its home."


Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •