Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Chapter 63.1 Is it getting hot in here?

  1. Default

    OOC: I will be using precision attack and menacing attack as well.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPrecision Attack - (1d10) (5) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMenacing Attack - (1d10) (10) [10]

    Enemy must making a Wisdom Saving Throw vs DC 16 or become Frightened (disadvantage on attacks) of Zavros.

  2. #32

    Default

    Cormack winces when struck by the arrow. He also notes that they were looking for him; they were aware of his abilities.

    He limps into the building after Zavros, trying his best to aid in any fighting.

    OOC:
    Move 15' into the building Zavros just went into.

    Bonus: None

    Action: Dash 15' up the stairs.

    Reaction: If the wizard appears and directs a spell at Zavros or me, cast Counterspell.
    If I can't get LOS on the wizard and I'm attacked, cast Shield.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,572

    Default

    AC 20 - HPs 15/63 - L1 4/4, L2 2/3, L3 2/3, L4 2/3, L5 0/2 - BI 3/3 (Concentrating on Swift Quiver)

    (multi-scenario thread I apologize in advance)

    Scenario 1 -

    Ivar opens the window and looks for the mage across the way - seeing him he fires his bow - letting the magic of Swift Quiver rain down upon him, he then steps back into cover.

    Scenario 2 - Ivar opens the window and looks for the mage across the way. Not spotting him, he decides to Dimension Door himself to the room that he saw the mage in when he was on the roof (far east window). Seeing the Mage coming into the room he fires two shots at the mage, stepping to the side as he does so that he cannot be shot from behind by the archers on the roof.

    Scenario 3 - Ivar opens the window and looks for the mage across the way. Not spotting him, he decides to Dimension Door himself to the room that he saw the mage in when he was on the roof (far east window). With no mage in the room, or entering it for him to fire at. He instead targets the archers on the roof of the building he was in and fires the 2 swift quiver shots - starting with the southern-most of them. Before moving out of line of sight for their return fire. Turning to face the door/entrance way as he does.

    ****

    Dice Rolls.

    All 5 Shots only apply if Scenario 1 applies.
    Swift Quiver shots only apply if either Scenario 2 or Scenario 3 apply. - only difference is the target.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (20) [31] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (2) [8] +1 more damage from Crit Die in Rolls Thread. (LOL)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (6) [17] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (5) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (4) [15] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (3) [9]

    Dimension Door L4 If applied - Ill know depending on your write-up as to what gets used and what does not get used.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - Swift Quiver - (1d20+11) (1) [12] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (7) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - Swift Quiver - (1d20+11) (17) [28] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (7) [13]

    Note Any Crits rolled above will be rolled in Rolls Thread and Edited in to this thread for your reading convenience.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 02-26-2020 at 08:04 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  4. Default

    Round 6

    Zavros pulls out his second loaded pistol and climbs the stairs. The warrior keeps his shield at the ready and prepares to fire the second the mage appears. At the top of the stairs is a very long hallway that has 12 doors to either side. He does note that doors number 2 and 5 on the north side are slightly open. Where the whistle had come from, he does not know, other than it was from upstairs.

    Cormack winces when struck by the arrow, and he also notes that they were looking for him--they were aware of his abilities. Limping into the building after Zavros—who turns his pistol on him from the top of the stairs then turns back to his original facing, trying his best to aid in any fighting, the dragon mage pushed himself to climb the stairs and stand next to Zavros.

    Ivar opens the window and looks for the mage across the way. Not spotting him, he decides to Dimension Door himself to the room that he saw the mage in when he was on the roof. With no mage in the room but seeing a mother and her three children huddled in the corner, and Zavros and Cormack in the hallway and they see him, he instead targets the archers on the roof of the building he was in and fires the 2 swift quiver shots --starting with the southern-most of them, before moving out of line of sight for their return fire and turning to face the door way as he does. His first shot twangs off the bowstring and falls out the window and lands in the brackish water. His second shot does hit the youth and sends him sliding off the roof and hitting the ground with a thud.

    The enemy archers on both the east and west wall leave the rooftops, leaving only one archer in possible sight of sharpshooter Ivar as he is trying to round the north corner of the building Ivar just left.

    At the entrance of the tenement house appears an out of breath assassin and he lets fly at arrow at Zavros, but barely misses, he then ducks back out of sight.

    rd6.png

    Ooc: 1 combat round by Thursday Night or sooner.

    +5hp Cormack (Mage armor; 2 levels exhaustion)
    -62hp Zavros (second wind used)
    -48hp Ivar (Swift Arrow)
    -11 Assassin #2
    -9hp Mage

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,572

    Default

    AC 20 - HPs 15/63 - L1 4/4, L2 2/3, L3 2/3, L4 1/3, L5 0/2 - BI 3/3 (Concentrating on Swift Quiver)

    Seeing Zavros and Cormack and ignoring the Woman and her children, Ivar casts See Invisibility on himself and sets off in pursuit of finding the mage.

    If he spots him he will fire the 2 shots he can do, hopefully pointing out in the process where the guy is for Cormack and Zavros.

    ***
    Action - Cast See Invisibility (L2) on self.
    Move - as required upto 30ft - hard to state exactly without a map showing the floor plan of that building/floor
    Bonus Action - 2 x Shots as part of Swift Quiver. - If the mage is revealed/encountered.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (12) [23] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (4) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (7) [18] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (3) [9]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  6. #36

    Default

    AC 16 - HP 5/48 - L1 3/4, L2 1/3, L3 2/3, 2LV Exhaustion

    Cormack steps to the top of the stairs and says, "Handle the mage." To his companions and, "Stay put. This will be over soon" to the mother an child.

    He then turns his eyes to the door and waits, fire on his fingertips.

    OOC:
    Stay at the top of the stairs. No move.
    Action: Ready
    If an enemy comes through the door, cast Firebolt at them.

    Bonus: None
    Reaction: Ready action, if triggered.

    Also, I've been forgetful. My transmuter's stone could have come into play; since it hasn't and I can't remember what it was set to, I'm assuming it's set to 60' of Darkvision.

  7. Default

    Zavros prepares to shoot his pistol at the first enemy to reveal himself.

    OOC: ready action to shoot first enemy to appear.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+6) (13) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10+2) (8) [10]

  8. Default

    OOC: Using menacing attack on readied shot. DC is 16.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMenacing Attack - (1d10) (10) [10]

  9. Default Chapter 63.1 Is it getting hot in here?

    Seeing Zavros and Cormack and ignoring the woman and her children, Ivar casts See Invisibility on himself and sets off in pursuit of finding the mage. Heading further down the hallway, he see’s nothing invisible and is about 40’ from the top of the eastern stairway.

    Cormack steps to the top of the stairs and says to his companions, "Handle the mage," and then to the mother and child, "Stay put, this will be over soon." He then turns his eyes to the door and waits—arcane words sprout fire on his fingertips.

    Zavros prepares to shoot his pistol at the first enemy to reveal himself.

    It was Ivar that first saw the enemy mage barely revealing himself at the top of the eastern stairs, just before he became visible as he cast a spell at the trio. Just before the Shatter spell explodes in their midst, Zavros fires his pistol—the lead bullet breaking through the enemy mages magic spell armor, grazing his scalp. The enemy mage then backed out of view, clutching at his wound.
    Ivar and Zavros, please make a DC16 Con save for half damage, or take 19hp
    Cormack is down again, please make a Stabilize roll.

    From the door, the enemy assassin comes out of hiding and fires an arrow at the still standing Zavros, which ricochets about the confined stairwell and nearly hits the assassin himself. The Assassin backs out of sight.

    Ooc: 1 combat round by Thursday Night or sooner.
    -Dying Cormack (Mage armor; 2 levels exhaustion)
    -71 Zavros (second wind used)
    -57 Ivar (Swift Arrow rd2)
    -11 Assassin #2
    -29hp Mage
    Last edited by Luopo; 02-27-2020 at 07:19 PM.

  10. Default

    Zavros drops his pistol and charges down the hallway pumping his legs furiously to reach the mage. The battlemaster draws his silver sword feinting initially and then driving it home.

    OOC1: Using action surge to cover the distance to attack the mage. Then using feint maneuver as a bonus action as first attack and then a normal second attack.

    OOC2: I will be using a luck die to cause disadvantage on the first enemy attack roll against Zavros.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage Feint - (2d20b1+8) (19, 8) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6+1d10) (7) (10) [23]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) (6) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (3) [9]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •