Thread: The Expanse RPG

1. Default The Expanse RPG

"Oye beltalowda!"

Whether you've read the books or watched the series (or not), get ready to join a crew at set sail! The Expanse is set in (roughly) the year 2350. A new fusion reactor drive has allowed humanity to leave Earth and colonize Mars, the asteroid belt, and the moons of Saturn and Jupiter.

The game uses the Adventure Game Engine ("AGE") System which resolves things using tests. A test typically consists of rolling 3d6 and trying to beat a certain Target Number (or "TN"). The system itself is pretty simple; the complexity arises from the use of Stunt Points which you get whenever you roll doubles on your 3d6. There are dozens of "stunts" you can perform using your Stunt Points, such as completing a task in half the time, giving your allies a bonus to apply on their turn, etc.

I am looking for 3-6 people who are interested in either playing or running a game. Don't worry about not having the rulebook; do not let that stop you from replying. It would also be helpful if you let me know whether you have read any of the books or watched any of the TV series in your reply.

I am in. will roll up something today.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepius View Post
    I am in. will roll up something today.
    Awesome. Hold up on rolling a character for now though. I want to do that as a collaborative effort when I have the players I need to get a game thread. Again, this is something I've never played before so I want to take it step by step.

Hey there,

Rather new to this site, and quite frankly looking for any Campaign to squad up with, as of now I have 0 Campaigns under my belt (or suspenders in my case lol). I've never read or seen this series. But I'd love a chance to dive in

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TokiiToki View Post
    Hey there,

Rather new to this site, and quite frankly looking for any Campaign to squad up with, as of now I have 0 Campaigns under my belt (or suspenders in my case lol). I've never read or seen this series. But I'd love a chance to dive in
    Welcome to the site. What is your availability to post in game? Daily? Weekly? Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Welcome to the site. What is your availability to post in game? Daily? Weekly? Something else?
    Quite Frankly, i'm at work, and able to post essentially whenever I'm not on a call...Which is more often than you think, so I'd say daily

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TokiiToki View Post
    Quite Frankly, i'm at work, and able to post essentially whenever I'm not on a call...Which is more often than you think, so I'd say daily
    I understand. I'm the same way.

Yeah, anyways I'd love to learn more about having this chance to squad up!

I can even do my homework and read up on the details if necessary.

I'm not familiar with AGE or The Expanse, nor have I played anything in a sci-fi setting but it looks like fun, I would love to try it out. I'm checking out the rulebook and considering reading the 1st book and checking out the series on amazon.
    Last edited by Joe Subject; 02-07-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    Knowing not your own is unwise.

10. Default

Thanks for the interest Joe. I sent you a private message.

I think that does it for recruiting folks. If you didnít get a chance to respond, look out for future games if this goes well.