Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Chapter 62 OOC

1. Default

Axars new business... need you to write it up and put it on the Moonlit Swords Thread. You can edit Tap that Glass and add it after that one if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Axars new business... need you to write it up and put it on the Moonlit Swords Thread. You can edit Tap that Glass and add it after that one if you like.
    Okay, I will do so, but if you look at my character sheet, I keep a detailed ledger of monthly income, maintenance, etc. Again, my char sheet would be the more accurate place.

For Ivar -

Ive put the 600g I got out for potions - but did not need/use into my safe (and thus into the business)
    I took the 25p I put in there previously out and am now carrying that.
    Im going to have Ivar tell Percy to expand the business slightly... hire on another couple of runners.... upgrade the uniforms you know basically reflect that the business is doing well.

I've updated - Personal Possessions (except weight calcs - I will do this later on) / Moonlit Swords threads and my CS to reflect the above.

As business query - I am hoping to expand the business slightly in both number of employees and locales to deliver to - which would mean needing an alternative place to actually stay. Does this building share a wall with another building at all? Or is it a stand alone building?

(I was considering whether its viable in getting an adjoining building and using it as extra floor space/boarding for the staff in order to free up the floor space in the actual business.... or whether I should just look for a bigger building and shift to it - and doing it sooner rather than later for the safe/lock installations)
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

4. Default

The business is in business to deliver messages. Whether it owns a separate building for boarding or whatever, is irrelevant to the business and it making money or it's value as a business. If you want to take your personal funds or money from the value of your business to fund such an endeavor makes no difference to the value of the business in the former case and lowers the value of the business in the latter. It would be a separate asset and not add any value to your business and will cost maintenance. This is how many businesses fail when they expand. They buy equipment, land, etc that does not bring in any income and are merely assets that require upkeep. Increasing your staff will increase the value of your business, providing them a free place to stay will not. Charging them rent will.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    For Ivar -

Ive put the 600g I got out for potions - but did not need/use into my safe (and thus into the business)
    I took the 25p I put in there previously out and am now carrying that.
    Im going to have Ivar tell Percy to expand the business slightly... hire on another couple of runners.... upgrade the uniforms you know basically reflect that the business is doing well.

I've updated - Personal Possessions (except weight calcs - I will do this later on) / Moonlit Swords threads and my CS to reflect the above.

As business query - I am hoping to expand the business slightly in both number of employees and locales to deliver to - which would mean needing an alternative place to actually stay. Does this building share a wall with another building at all? Or is it a stand alone building?

(I was considering whether its viable in getting an adjoining building and using it as extra floor space/boarding for the staff in order to free up the floor space in the actual business.... or whether I should just look for a bigger building and shift to it - and doing it sooner rather than later for the safe/lock installations)
    Last edited by Luopo; 02-20-2020 at 08:16 AM.

5. Default

Also Ivar, your 750gp in the safe does not count towards the business value since you are not a bank or lending institution. If you use the money to maintain more employees, advertising, etc... then it will count towards the value. Currently you're only at 60gp/ month for maintenance, meaning you have 2 employees. Increasing your maintenance will increase your number of employees as follows:

Per month/ Skilled workers / Untrained workers
    60gp...2...0
    150gp...5...2
    300gp...5...10
    600gp...5...25
    1500gp...20...40
    3000gp...50...50
    12000gp...200...100

So all I need to know is the total value of the business (modified by monthly rolls, investments in the business, withdrawals which means you fire people or cease advertising,) and monthly maintenance--not how much you're spending on employees, buildings, or how much you have in the safe, etc... that all comes out of your pocket or out of the value of the business.

Your number of employees also determines the size of your businesses shop/building/etc (which will always be wood unless you separately purchase a stone building)

If you want to buy a building outright and run your business in it, that's allowable, but you're paying maintenance on the business and upkeep on the building so it doesn't rot or fall over.
    Last edited by Luopo; 02-20-2020 at 09:01 AM.

6. Default

Also, looks at Axar's submission. It is succinct and to the point. When he adds value to the business, he states it as such, "Added 660 gold to business to bring value to 1000 GP. (2/5/20)" That's what I want to see.

When you guys try to withdraw money from the business, you're shorting payroll, selling off goods immediately at a discount, etc... and upon thinking about it, I'm going to curtail deposits and withdrawals to once a month just after the business roll is made. At that time you can make changes to your business, including maintenance rolls.

Investments made to date, and also if Ivar wants to increase the value of his business by 750gp instead of keeping it in the safe, will be allowed this one time. After this, only once after the monthly roll.
    Last edited by Luopo; 02-20-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Please just increase the business value then... I did say back when I first started doing the business thing that I did not understand it. But everyone was doing the whole - lets make the place better - vibe... so I made a business. in fact only do 590 - because that would make the total 1000gp even (I count it atm as 1010)

I've always considered the money I put in the safe as business funds...and I don't dip into them or count it when doing purchases etc. (the arrow is the only exception because where else does one store a pointy gold arrow?) The money I carry and now what is in the bank is all the funds I consider "mine" to use.

- there was 150 gold in the safe/business before I put in the 600 (now 590 once adjusted) - that 150 is what got me so that I have 4 employees. (Percy / Mikken / Kurt / Tobias I believe are their names.) Was originally just Percy and Mikken. And you told me back whenever that 150 more would get 2 more peeps.

Honestly id happily "sell" the business for someone else who has better concept of the whole thing if its going to be too difficult... my brain just hurts doing too much accounting stuff. Although of the employees as far as I know only Percy and Mikken stay at the business ... the other two presumably use their wages to board somewhere. That is after all the point of it... earning a wage and being able to stay in a boarding house somewhere instead of on the street.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142