Thread: Profiler not working

1. Default Profiler not working

While I tend not to use it much any more in favor of Myth-weavers's sheets, I was trying to find an old character sheet I only had stored here. Trouble is, whenever I click on the Profiler tab at the top of the page, it logs me out! No warning, no nothing. Just logs me out and dumps me on the main page of the site. I can find the image that was on the sheet (which is what I was going for) easily enough, but I felt this needed to be brought to the mods' attention.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

That's odd. I'm not getting the same issue on my end. We'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

As an update, I'm not having any luck replicating your issue. I have verified that you have a number of character sheets on the Profiler that I can pull up. I'm bringing this to the attention of our more coding profecient staff members to see if they can pin down something I'm missing.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

4. Default

How strange. I can confirm that the issue is still present, however. Again, it is no real loss to me, but it's still very odd.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Thanks for reporting the issue. I've got a couple of questions to help and find the issue a bit quicker:
    - What browser are you using?
    - Do you have the same problem when you use another browser?
    - If you are using chrome, could you please try it when using an "Incognito screen" (Ctrl + Shift + N on windows/linux)
    - When you visit the forums, does your URL include www?
    - If you visit the profiler again, did the behaviour change (I added a line of code that might identify the issue)
    ~ The one, The only, TheDevilOnLine

Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

6. Default

- I am using Google Chrome (with an AdBlocker and a ScriptBlocker, though neither has interfered before).
    - I downloaded Firefox specifically to test this for you and the answer is "no". There was a small issue with an invalid redirect when logging in there, but once I got in it worked perfectly.
    - The profiler no longer appears to work on Google Chrome (for me). Instead, a blank page appears with the message "Hello guest, please log in first."
    - The url does include www, it's just hidden from view by the browser.
    - See line concerning Incognito Mode.
    Last edited by Faeryl; 12-18-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D

Ok, that's very interesting, at least I now know where in the code the issue originates.

Could you please visit the page again, I've added some extra info. Please send me the info via PM, as it probably contains some info you don't want others to see (like your email)

Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Also, I'd like to try one thing to fix it for you.

Press F12, in the window that opened, go to the "Application" tab. On the left side, click on the arrow next to "Cookies" and go to "www.thetangledweb.net". Click on the table on the right hand side, and press your delete button, untill all the rows are gone. Revisit the website, login again and try to go to the profiler once more.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilOnLine View Post
    Also, I'd like to try one thing to fix it for you.

Press F12, in the window that opened, go to the "Application" tab. On the left side, click on the arrow next to "Cookies" and go to "www.thetangledweb.net". Click on the table on the right hand side, and press your delete button, untill all the rows are gone. Revisit the website, login again and try to go to the profiler once more.
    This resulted in the same stuff as I sent in the PM.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D