Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 60 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by ifreedman View Post
    Or maybe we throw a gala fundraiser auction, "Save Cormack, Withdraw the Worm," and we serve the whiskey? Everyone gets hammered, overbids dramatically and we rake in a big haul.

Neat.

we have the money among us. We just need to purchase the material components.

3. Default Chapter 60 OOC

Is Althir going to open the package given to him by Jacobs?

Default Chapter 60 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    Yes, selling the rubies will be necessary.

Althir will cast identify at the appropriate point on Moloch's belt.

We'll all contribute either from the rubies or from each person.
    What's the sequence of spells?

Does Hildegard have Commune or Divination ready? I vote against legend lore on the belt as party expense until we know if we're keeping it.
    I canít remember, did we confirm that the rubies are not magical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Hildegard shares the questions, for improvement.

Divination

Goddess, will this effort free Cormack of the worm and leave him alive and in good health?
    - Humane death by hemlock
    - Chest opened, worm cut from heart and destroyed with sacred flame
    - Cormack restored with raise the dead.

Commune

Goddess:
    - In my plan (repeat of above), is it crucial that the worm be cut free and killed?
    - Is the dearth of dwarro women in part due to malevolence that we Moonlith Swords can reduce with noble deeds?
    - Should the lidani of the cove return to the island because of the westward move of humans from Jasrel?
    Going to respond OOC because I think it'll save confusion.

Re: divination Q #2, I don't think this is specific enough. Whether he lives or dies has a lot to do with other details IMO (ex: what we do after we cut open his chest, etc.) Maybe add something about healing him with magical healing?

Divination Q#3. Again, might want more detail. How would we treat his body? How much time?

Commune #1 -- crucial for what? Not exactly sure what you're trying to ask with this.
    Not really sure about Qs 2 & 3.

Commune is the cheaper to cast of the two spells, yes?

I think we should start with it and the question concerning Cormack's potential little kid be "Does Cormack have a Purple Worm growing in his chest?" because that will set up a lot after. I think then confirming that the plan will work is reasonable. There's probably half a dozen ways to get it out, so asking if it's crucial is most likely going to return a "no".

Blog Entries

Maybe there's a way to tempt the worm out with a bigger, stronger heart? Perhaps letting Cormack sleep chest-to-chest with a horse or something would cause the worm to move to a better home?
    I know it sounds silly, but I'm only half-joking here.

Im guessing this worm larva is just that ... like a caterpillar. It does not care which "heart" its munching on to grow... its just where it was laid.

So it hatches... munches... until finally its own instincts (or increased body size) simply force it to munch its way out.... leaving the host dead in the process. So I doubt tempting it with a horse would work... because its just a mindless larva with only a limited parameter to life... which is to eat and grow.

This is why I wondered if Poison would kill it. You effectively poison a dog to kill a heartworm. Otherwise ... DM... Do doctors and surgeons exist in Chaldera? could we take him to one and just get an operation done. If it succeeds ... its done... if not... well... there is always raise dead :P

** by poison a dog I mean you give it a form of poison that the worm will find bad.... but you still don't want to overdose the dog either. So it becomes about "dosage"
    Last edited by Scymon; 12-04-2019 at 05:00 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    ** by poison a dog I mean you give it a form of poison that the worm will find bad.... but you still don't want to overdose the dog either. So it becomes about "dosage"
    I understood you to mean something like chemotherapy.

Let's start with the commune spell.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast