Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 60: Fully Rested?

Althir turns to Hildegard, "Commune with your goddess and see what wisdom she offers."

Hildegard prays.

Divination

Goddess, will this set of actions free Cormack of the worm and leave him alive and in good health?
    - Humane death by hemlock
    - Chest opened, worm cut from heart and destroyed with sacred flame
    - Cormack restored with raise the dead

Commune questions will depend on the answer.

3. Default Chapter 60: Fully Rested?

Jacobs can only frown and shake his head in disapproval as Hildegard places and lights her sticks of incense upon the dining table and prays for divination of her question.

When she finishes, her glass of water topples over and snuffs out her incense—a bad omen indeed.

"I've missed the mark in some fundamental way," Hildegard states.

Hildegard prays for Locate object. With help, she uses the miracle to triangulate. She seeks the exact position of the worm within Cormack.

6. Default Chapter 60: Fully Rested?

Try as she might, Hildegard cannot find the creature with her locate object prayer.

Althir wonders if they can find the creature without exploring Cormack's chest cavity. The warlock turns to Johnny and Jacobs, "I don't want to create a mess. Do you have an unused room that we could utilize to cut open Cormack and search for this creature in Cormack's heart? Or would you prefer we remove ourselves to the Temple of Ceara? I want to deal with Cormack's condition as quickly as possible."

Hildegard agrees with Althir's ideas.

Hildegard tries locating the worm in Cormack with Locate Creature, next.

Axar nods with the assessment. He adds, "We really appreciate your understanding here, Johnny, Jacobs, and everyone. We certainly didn't come here with intentions on making a mess. With us though, it just kindof happens."

He looks at the group and looks at his missing digit. He says, "I haven't said much about the ring. I assure you that it was cursed though. Based on the identify spell that was cast, I thought it would contain the soul of alien thing that we killed. It did not. What it did contain was the soul of someone claiming to be Master Arcanist Deuthan. He tried to dominate my mind, but gave up when he realized either how stubborn I was or how little he would gain by dominating it. After some conversation, he claimed to be a mind flayer and knew our 'friend' Hallrun. He was part of some order, and didn't want to talk about it. When I tried to reason with him, he told me that I was a simpleton and not worth his time." Axar shrugs.

He adds, "I'm honestly not sure how much I trust what he was telling me. First he asked me how I resisted his will, then later claimed that the Ring was asserting its will over me. He gave me some other questionable information, but it may be accurate. He claimed to be killed by the alien things that we found. Anyway, if someone with some actual brains wants to try their luck with the ring and talking with the creature, I will gladly pass it to someone else. Realize that it isn't easy to remove, and be prepared to shield your mind from an attempted domination. And if you die with it on well... you'll be in the ring. Otherwise, I guess I'll just carry it around."

10. Default Chapter 60: Fully Rested?

Johnny replies to Althir with a simple, “I think the temple would be best.”

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast