Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 60: Fully Rested?

Ivar looks at Hilde... in his minds eye... then at Axar. Then at Johnny's face.

He cracks up. After all He remembered how that sock had actually 'come' into their possession.

Finally full. He leans back in his chair.

"Johnny, not to be insensitive, but where is Revi. I was hoping she might let me study that horn some more or if I can at least take some notes of the markings on it, so that they can be studied.... and to be honest I was worried about her, given we haven't seen her since the battle."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

2. Default

The characteristic smile that always seemed to alight Johnny's face, except in the case of worms infesting a body, faded away at the mention of Revi. "She is dead. We do not know where her body is and we have exhausted all of our means of finding it, so, yeah, I don't know."

Axar frowns at hearing this information. He asks, "Do you know where she was going before she left?"

Ivar's face falls.

"I'm sorry Johnny. If it were in my power to find her and return her to you... I would."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

West? Hildegard frowns. West of Jasrel is the Moonlit Cove. Her wards may have another exodus.

The conversation turns to other topics as she formulates questions. Much news.

"Vort and Johnny are right. We may have to cut the egg from your heart."

"Cormack, I could pray to Ceara to raise you from the dead. If she would grant me that miracle, it is a way to do this that would work."

Hildegard shudders at the brutality of the situation. "If you accept this option, I would suggest taking hemlock, like the ancient hero-philosopher."

7. Default

Zavros looks aghast, “Kill him? Again? Do you secretly hate Cormack?”

"Is it you who carries hatred in your heart?" Hildegard studies Zavros.

"The goal is a whole and living Cormack, free of the worm. You heard the idea in its entirety. It is the only way I know for certain to save him if we only have one day before the worm wins."

9. Default

“I trust your judgment least of anyone here,” answers Zavros. “So naturally I am skeptical that your plan will work.”

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast