Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Londinium Infernum New Recruitment

Blog Entries

Default Londinium Infernum New Recruitment

Welcome everyone to the majestic city of London!

In the modern era and year of our Queen 1852, we are the center of the world, the axis upon which it turns, and all other nations follow behind. Pax Britannica has lasted for almost two generations, resulting in the most peaceful population we have seen yet. But all is not well, as idle hands make the devils work-or so they say. There have been rumors of corruption amongst the nobles and authorities of our fair island nation, mysterious disappearances, and noises in the night.

If only that were all that troubled us. In the last few weeks clouds have been gathering above London, animals have become frenzied, and the inmates of the institutions have become reckless. For there is deep, dark magic at work here, with sinister machinations afoot. Just this afternoon these events came to a head with a calamitous roar as the sky opened and a demon lord himself stepped through! I say, what a predicament we find ourselves in! And to make matters worse, it appears that something from outside our normal time and space has stepped in as well, and is currently fighting the demon lord in the skies above!

LOOK OUT! FLEE WITH YOUR LIVES! HE COMES!

---remembered speech by a city guide during The Day the Sky Broke, related to this humble guide by a half crazed elvish gentlemen.

Hi everyone! This one-shot will be a horror survival themed adventure, with the main objective being to escape from the city of London, in an alternate universe where they have all the cool things like magic and dwarves. In terms of race and where they could be from, assume that the world is a melting pot with multiple subspecies everywhere. For example there is Asian Dwarves and South American Orcs alongside African Elves and Australian Halflings. Any questions will be answered as soon as I see them, and certain details may be up for discussion, such as how much horror we need, and similar things.

System: Pathfinder
    Platform: Discord server which I will make after characters are decided. Pbp, not voice as choosing one time would be too difficult for everyone to commit to.
    Players: two more max, more than that would slow down combat.
    Sources allowed: d20pfsrd, no third party. However, if you find something that fits your character concept, talk to me about it!
    Character Creation: Starting level 4, 30 point buy, no limit on races. This is a metropolitan area after all. 3000 gold budget. All pathfinder deities as well as Earth deities allowed. Guns are more common here, so use Commonplace Guns for rules about firearms, available on d20pfsrd. For traits, use 2 traits no drawback, and finally full health for level 1, roll for levels 2 and 3.
    Alignment: Anything you want, as long as it isn't Chaotic Stupid. If you can play a CE character well, then i'd love to see it!
    Recruitment Close date: Nov 26th
    Posting Requirements: once a day at least. I understand if life gets in the way but make sure to tell your fellow players if it does, they deserve that much.

Home Rules: No full casters classes(you will find out the reason why), and using the Automatic Bonus Progression. This will let magic items be more flavorful and have a bigger impact on the game.

ALSO! If you have a great idea, let it be heard! Are you the last of a dying noble family with a cursed blade? Cool! Were you bitten by a werebear but managed to stop the infection at the elbow, so now you have a bear arm? Fantastic! I want to see all the things that you've dreamed of having but Dm's never let you!

Warning: this is my first time Dm-ing, and as such there may be mistakes such as too weak monsters, too strong monsters, not enough loot, and other variables. If you see anything like this or have ways to improve my DM-ing, please let me know! Any input is appreciated.

Current Party:
    Dright Vankir, Dhampir Antipaladin- Krivak
    Lucius, Human Mesmerist- elan
    Carruth, Catfolk Monk- Mattsbig

Last edited by GhoulRising; 11-21-2019 at 09:01 PM.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

2. Default

Definitely interested! I've never played Pathfinder before, though. How hard would it be to pick up?

(Love the Brian Jacques quote, by the way!)

Blog Entries

Well, it's a lot simpler than d&d 3.5, if that helps. What kind of experience do you have with tabletop games? If you'd like, a simpler class like fighter or ranger might be the way to go, if your looking for a class with a more straightforward way of muderhobo'ing

(And thank you!)

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

4. Default

Mostly of my experience is in 5e. Although when I was younger, I had the 3.5 rulebook and skimmed through it (but never played), so I'm at least sort of familiar with some more complex systems.

I've looked through the classes and have an idea of some that interest me so I'll try to scan the rules sometime tonight and get a grasp of them.

5. Default

Looks like if I can get everything figured out I'd be going for a rogue, by the way. Although I like the idea of doing a bit of a twist on it and making the character less of a sneaky criminal and more of a charisma-based character. Still looking through how that might manifest, but that's the direction I seem to be heading right now.

Blog Entries

Sounds good! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

trying to put together a shadow dancer build, mind if I ask what Religion's are allowed in this version of london? I am thinking about multiclassing between rogue/inquisitor into full shadow dancer, and then full inquisitor after that

though, ninja and slayer are both strong contesters (probably slayer because they have better bab, and frankly ninja's don't have anything that add to the supernatural effect that I am looking for)

also? would you be willing to allow rogue and shadow dancer to stack for qualifying for advance talents?

mostly I want See In Darkness, that was I can abuse magical darkness for my own ends

I am thinking a character that uses shadows for as much as possible, like i would prefer not to have thieves tools, instead using Umbral gear to conjure them instead.

I have a personality and fighting style mostly figured out (POWER SNEAK ATTACK!! oh crap... he is still alive... run away!) I just need to hammer down class, and exactly what feats to use

I am really, really fighting Human efficiency vs fletchling flavor too
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 11-22-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries

All pathfinder gods, and earth gods.

As other classes don't stack with Prestige classes, I will not allow the two to stack. There's always nifty magic items floating around though.

A stealth based character would be in a weird spot here. Most of the campaign so far has had a lot of shadows, but also a lot of creatures with darkvision. If you can figure out a way to use that, more power to you.

Is there an idea about what level this campaign will get to?

Blog Entries

I'd say a rough estimate would be lvl 7 or 8. It was made as a one shot that ended after the party escaped London, but if the PCs want to explore the world more and expand upon that then I would be open to it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast