Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 757

Thread: Chapter 12.8: A door to NoWhere

  1. Default

    OOC: Hell yeah I get critical damage on the arrow, shadow damage, and sneak attack!!!

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical Arrow - (1d8) (6) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical Shadow - (2d6) (6, 4) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical Sneak - (2d6) (5, 2) [7]

    EDIT: Total of 46 points of damage.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 03-14-2020 at 05:31 PM.

  2. #492

    Default

    Rian had two critical hits in his attacks
    critical 1 Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8) (6) [6]
    critical 2 Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8) (8) [8]


  3. #493
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,206

    Default

    Hrothgar - AC17 - HPs 121/121* (Rage 0/2, AS 0/1, SW 0/1) (Adv Int/Dex* Saves) RAGING (Resist B/P/S while raging)

    Hrothgar sniffs at Verils inert form. The desire to run his glaive through the mage is strong… but he knows the wishes of the group. So he takes off running – sprinting really – for the Doorway to the Alter of Solinari. As he runs he practically roars at Sana to “SANA…HIT ME!!!” His rage filled countenance lending a somewhat macabre air to his words. As he runs right for the doorway.

    ***

    Move 30ft towards the room everyone keeps disappearing into
    Action – DASH 30ft more + Scream at Sana to attack him. I need damage to keep the rage going.. and with rage – her attacks do the least damage if they hit.

    He is hoping to reach – or get into that room – Since I have no idea of the distance. He is leaving Veril on the ground dying. Presumably Jamison can crawl over in time to stabilze him.

    (Note H is back at 121 HPs after the SW from last round – this is the equivalent of the 111 + 10 aid HPs fully restored. Since he was at 107 before healing 15 points)

    Sana - AC19 - HPs 113/127

    Sana watches as Kal, then Vort disappear – completely into that room. She is contemplating going in, when the roar from Hrothgar assaults her ears. She is puzzled until she remembers all those battles against the raging horde in the day.

    She snaps off two shots at the advancing Mistmoorian, hoping to hit him.

    Then as he goes into the room, she follows.

    (NOTE - She will only move into the room IF Hrothgar makes it to and through the door in his movement)

    ***
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit Hrothgar - (1d20+4) (6) [10] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8) (5) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit Hrothgar - (1d20+4) (19) [23] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8) (7) [7]

    **I did warn in OOC that it was going to be an unconventional turn... this was the only way to possibly keep Hrothgar's rage going. She still has to hit him of course... but while raging he will only take half damage anyway. So I figured why not try it.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #494

    Default

    Round 9
    Brandon draws on the power of Solinari’s nearby altar to fight off the mind blast. He casts Chill Touch, trying to prevent the Usurper from healing any damage for the next round. A spectral hand comes out of the spectral floor raking the mind flayer for damage and grasping at him momentarily.

    Rian shakes off the effects of the usurper's spell and resists the latest attempt to control him by the enemy. The paladin turns quickly to attack the Usurper. His first two attacks blast the

    Rocky reels from the mental anguish of the mind flayer's mind blast and teeters in place, doing nothing.

    Stepping through the gate, Vortigern finds the experience a bit familiar like when he had went through the gate in Sirrion's domain, but the war priest quickly ascertained the situation, moved into position and prayed to Reorx to Bless Rian, Kal and himself.
    Kalthanar resists the mind blast and then reaches for an arrow that turns black as he touches it laced with shadow magic. He fires two arrows in rapid succession. The first is straight through the chest, impaling and staggering the alien creature. It grasps at it with one of his six arms clutching the wound. The second connects again to the abdomen, dropping him to the group in a heap.

    Hrothgar sniffs at Verils inert form. The desire to run his glaive through the mage is strong… but he knows the wishes of the group. So he takes off running – sprinting really – for the Doorway to the Alter of Solinari. As he runs he practically roars at Sana to “SANA…HIT ME!!!” His rage filled countenance lending a somewhat macabre air to his words. As he runs right for the doorway.

    Sana watches as Kal, then Vort disappear – completely into that room. She is contemplating going in, when the roar from Hrothgar assaults her ears. She is puzzled until she remembers all those battles against the raging horde in the day.

    She snaps off two shots at the advancing Mistmoorian, hoping to hit him.

    Then as he goes into the room, she follows.

    The other two arrive in time to see the mind flayer crumpled in a heap in the strange room. The corner of the strange disc is barely visible beneath the fallen creature, while his bracers still glow softly.

    OOC: combat is over. Very nice round.

    Hrothgar: full HP
    Jamison: -22 HP
    Rian: -11 HP; haste.
    The Usurper: dying
    Shamix/mind flayer: dead
    Brandon: 21/50 HP. Death ward active. Made mind blast save.
    Rocky: Mind blasted.
    Veril: dying/dead
    Kal: full HP. Made save vs. Mind blast.

  5. Default Chapter 12.8: A door to NoWhere

    “Good job guys!” Vort says to his companions then shoulders Vera and takes out Rodricks axe and poises it over the mind flayers neck, “Anyone have a problem with me taking his head?”

  6. #496

    Default

    Rian says, "Vengeance!"

  7. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,206

    Default

    Hrothgar's teeth audibly grind together....The white knuckled grasp on his glaive is the only indication that he would love that honor... but as he yanks Sana's lone arrow from his flesh, he says only:

    "Go ahead".

    ***
    is the exit back to the tower from this "place" obvious.... or have we been completely shifted to some other dimension?
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  8. Default

    Vort wasn't sure what Rian meant and confusion was on his face, "Uh, what? Did you want to do it, Rian?"

  9. #499

    Default

    Rian replied, "Vengeance comes when we defeat this evil. I do not need to strike any final blow."

  10. Default

    Vort replies, still a little confused, "Uh, okay." Then turns back to the Usurper and says, "In Reorx's name, I end your reign of evil--be talking to you later," then the war priest chopped off the head of the creature and would then store the head away in his pack with a Gentle Repose placed upon it.

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •