Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 757

Thread: Chapter 12.8: A door to NoWhere

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Hrothgar - AC17 - HPs 107/121* (Rage 1/2, AS 1/1, SW 1/1) (Adv Int/Dex* Saves)

    Dodging the tentacles of the two faced "Shamix" Hrothgar snaps, his rage flows forth.. in his mind he screams "I knew it!" but vocally there is only a savage roar of a feral beast. He swings, again and again, recklessly, savagely... gleefully his actions surging to add extra devastating swings into the bargain..... hoping to put the Betrayer down.

    **
    Bonus Action - Rage - +2 to damage / Adv Strength Checks and Strength Saves / resist B/P/S
    Action - Reckless Attacks (no blunt due to BA used for Rage) Adv to my attack... enemy gets to attack me with advantage.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+8) (17, 4) [25] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (3) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+8) (1, 10) [18] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (4) [11]

    Action Surge

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+8) (13, 20) [28] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (6) [13] + 9 Damage from Crit Die - in Rolls Thread = 22 Damage
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+8) (20, 17) [28] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (3) [10] + 8 Damage from Crit Die - in Rolls Thread = 18 Damage

    Assuming all 4 hit = 61 points of Damage total.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 03-10-2020 at 05:33 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  2. Default

    AC19 (shield active) 86/75HP -- SANCTUARY DC17 WIS SAVE --

    Jumping about at some unseen attacker(s), Vort yells out, "Great googly moogly, these zombie hands are trying to bring me down and cornhole me!" So distraught the war priest was, his aim at Veril was compromised when he fired and then he cast Sanctuary on himself, to save himself from the grasping hands.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollVera II - (2d20w1+8) (5, 20) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage + DS - (1d10+5+1d8) (4) (1) [10]

  3. Default

    AC17 126HP

    Rocky rumbled forward, seeking the person that dared to attack him. He was a prince amongst the rubble of broken rocks that he had come from, a foundation stone that no quarry could break. With his great reach, the earth elemental struck out at the mind flayer with two stone hands.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSlam1 - (1d20+8) (16) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+5) (6, 8) [19]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSlam2 - (1d20+8) (19) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d8+5) (1, 4) [10]

    ooc: move 30', multiattack twice with 10' reach.

  4. Default

    Kalthanar shakes off the lethargy and takes aim at the mind flayer masquerading as Shamix. His aim is flawless and the mind flayer is struck four times in succession.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (14) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (1) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (18) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (1) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (14) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (5) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (19) [29]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (1) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (2d6) (5, 3) [8]

    OOC: If the mind flayer goes down any left over damage should go to Veril. Using action surge. Will move if necessary to be able to target effectively.

    EDIT: Total of 36 points of damage.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 03-10-2020 at 09:48 AM.

  5. #475

    Default

    Round 7 partial turn.

    Rian rushes forward towards the mind flayer. As the paladin comes within ten feet of the monster, Rian issues a vow of enmity. "Your deception marks you for death by my blade." Several of the mind flayers arms wave and he chants a spell to help shield him from the attacks, but to no avail. His four attacks eviscerate the mind flayer who reels from the paladin’s vengeful onslaught.

    Dodging the tentacles of the two faced "Shamix" Hrothgar snaps, his rage flows forth.. in his mind he screams "I knew it!" but vocally there is only a savage roar of a feral beast. He swings, again and again, recklessly, savagely... gleefully his actions surging to add extra devastating swings into the bargain..... hoping to put the Betrayer down. The rage is well timed, and only a last minute shield spell keeps all 4 attacks from hitting. Three of the attacks still strike true though, leaving the mind flayer bleeding from multiple deep wounds.

    Jumping about at some unseen attackers, Vort yells out, "Great googly moogly, these zombie hands are trying to bring me down and cornhole me!" So distraught the war priest was, his aim at Veril was compromised when he fired and then he cast Sanctuary on himself, to save himself from the grasping hands. Thankfully, Vortigern is able to shake the effects from the illusory hands, and they fade from view.

    Rocky rumbled forward, seeking the person that dared to attack him. He was a prince amongst the rubble of broken rocks that he had come from, a foundation stone that no quarry could break. With his great reach, the earth elemental struck out at the mind flayer with two stone hands. Both strikes connect solidly despite the shield spell protecting the mind flayer.

    Kalthanar shakes off the lethargy and takes aim at the mind flayer masquerading as Shamix. His first two shots connect solidly, and drop the mind flayer to the ground. This third shot hits Veril, despite the image. His fourth and final shot destroys Veril’s last mirror image.

    Brandon mocks the Usurper after avoiding the Feeblemind spell. “That the best you got? Pathetic...” Then cast invisibility and moves closer to Rian under the cover of invisibility. He stops beside the translucent altar overlaying the memorial.

    Sana had blinked and began to doubt which one was the real Veril she had just hit. But Kal solved that problem. Both arrows connect solidly with the gnome, who makes no attempt to shield himself.
    The wounded Veril listens to something unseen. He replies, “Yes master” and scans the room. Spotting Jamison, he moves forward slightly and calls forth a fireball that envelopes both Hrothgar and Jamison. Jamison is in no shape to dodge it, and takes the full effect. Despite this, he manages to keep haste active on Rian.

    The Usurper sees the growing threat and unleashes a mental blast on the area, engulfing Rian, Rocky, and the invisible Brandon. All feel intense pain in their minds as they are assaulted by a mental blast. He tosses down his two crossbows and grabs two lonswords from his side. He assaults Rian twice, scoring one hit. Seeing that Rian was able to fight off the mental attack, and Bradon did not become visible, the Usurper begins casting with two of his free arms. He points at an area slightly behind Rian. Rian and Rocky their thought processes and judgment begin to cloud over.

    Perhaps unnoticed in the heat of the battle or the confusion, but the bracers on the Usurper begin to glow causing the 6 armed mind flayer to appear mostly rejuvenated.

    Hrothgar: -11 HP. Made Fireball save.
    Jamison: -22 HP
    Rian: -8 HP; haste. Passed psionic blast/stun save. Now need to save vs. confusion. Wisdom save DC 17. See OOC for effects.
    The Usurper: -?? HP
    Shamix/mind flayer: dying
    Brandon: -26 damage. Invisible. Death ward active. Passed psionic blast/stun. Now need to save vs. confusion. Wisdom save DC 17. See OOC for effects.
    Rocky: Must pass an int DC 17 save or be stunned and take 35 damage. You get Rian’s aura, but no advantage. If you fail you can try again at the end of your turn. Passing the save negates the damage. Then, he need to save vs. confusion. Wisdom save DC 17. See OOC for effects.
    Veril: -49 HP. All images gone.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jhbmf9978...north.BMP?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/92o50cj5vn...south.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 03-12-2020 at 01:13 PM.

  6. #476

    Default

    Rian AC 23 HP 54/68

    Rian presses the attack with his advantages of haste and vow of enmity. The paladin knows each strike has to count now since he has now exhausted the augments of divine smite. Only the burning desire of Flamequench and revenge remained to bring down the ursurper.

    attack 1
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+9) (13, 13) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+6) (6) [12]
    flamequench Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) (5) [5]
    attack 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+9) (11, 7) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+6) (6) [12]
    flamequench Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) (6) [6]
    attack 3
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+9) (3, 6) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+6) (7) [13]
    flamequench Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) (4) [4]
    attack 1
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+9) (13, 7) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+6) (4) [10]
    flamequench Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) (1) [1]


  7. #477
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Sana - AC19 - HPs 113/127

    Sana had blinked and began to doubt which one was the real Veril she had just hit. But Kal solved that problem.

    Her two arrows fly for Veril.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+4) (19) [23] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8) (6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+4) (10) [14] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8) (4) [4]

    She then moves back towards the door to the room the others entered into - moving only 30 ft.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFeystep recharge 4-6 - (1d6) (1) [1]
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 03-10-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Hrothgar - AC17 - HPs 107/121* (Rage 0/2, AS 0/1, SW 1/1) (Adv Int/Dex* Saves) RAGING


    Hrothgar attacks the defenseless and dying Sham-ix - as soon as he is sure the thing is dead (feeling that now familiar sensation from the weapon) He turns and heads straight for Veril. His body still steaming from that fireball. As he moves he wills his body to heal itself. His eyes have a near maniacal glint and he is grinning all the while.


    ******

    Action - 2 attacks on Sham-ix. (not reckless but still at adv)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+8) (2, 6) [14] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (5) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+8) (11, 19) [27] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (6) [13] +1 Crit = 14 Total.

    Move -

    In the direction of Veril - only once Squidface kill is confirmed.

    Bonus Action -
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSecond Wind - (1d10+6) (9) [15]


    ****

    Sana - AC19 - HPs 113/127

    Sana watched as the one named Veril had lobbed that fireball. Able to do little about it... but seeing the decidedly angry man do his work.... she elects to put another two arrows in Veril's direction and to continue moving towards the door that the others went into. (If she reaches it ... she does not enter... she is waiting for the others first.... covering them)

    ***

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFeystep Recharge 4-6 - (1d6) (6) [6] seeing if it's up... but not using it.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit Veril - (1d20+4) (10) [14] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8) (2) [2]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit Veril - (1d20+4) (20) [24] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8) (4) [4] +7 Crit = 11 Total

    Move to stand beside the Door to the room that Brandon etc entered. She will cover Kal/Hrothgar/Vort until they have either entered or reached the door to enter..... unless ordered in.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 03-12-2020 at 09:25 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  9. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Hrothgar Crit Die - yeah sham-ix is dead. Authentic Forum Dice-rollCrit - (1d10r2) (1, 1, 8) [8] (Will be the 1 not the 8 - first reroll applies)

    Sana Crit Die Authentic Forum Dice-rollCrit - (1d8) (7) [7]

    EDIT - I know it was an auto Crit if I hit. But the whole dex AC thing in ooc confused me a little so im actually not sure if I hit on that first one... Call it slippery sweaty hands from the fireball....

    I'm happy that the second hit was an actual crit hit. But if you want the extra die for that first swing too... let me know and ill do it in the rolls thread. Otherwise im pretty sure he is dead and can just continue on with his move/second wind.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 03-12-2020 at 08:04 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  10. Default

    AC19 86/75HP

    Rocky contemplates the meaning of life this round and does nothing.

    Meanwhile Vort takes aim and fires off two shots at Veril--losing his Sanctuary prayer.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollVera II - (1d20+8) (19) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d10+5) (5) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBonus attack - (1d20+8) (8) [16] GS to 26
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d10+5) (5) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldivine strike - (1d10) [9] Actually a 3
    Last edited by Luopo; 03-13-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •