Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 757

Thread: Chapter 12.8: A door to NoWhere

  1. Default

    Brandon scrambles out of the way and summons a web that spreads across the divination chamber.

    OOC: Cast Web in cell 6480. Move to cell 8381. The Web hits the archer and hopefully ensnares the wizard. I would think the archer can't shoot through the web unless he has sharpshooter. I need clarification on this.

    Reaction: Cast Shield if successfully struck by an attack.

  2. #112

    Default


    Round 1

    Vortigern calls out for a blessing on his companions and himself and moves back. Wherever they are, Reorx's blessing shines upon them, further proof of the Maker's far reach.


    Kalthanar reaches for an arrow, “Rian block the door!” The high elf pulls the string of his bow back and aims for the advancing warrior. His aim is true and two arrows find well placed gaps in the plate armor. After embedding is the warrior’s flesh, the arrows catch fire.

    Hrotghar's poison ebbs and dies rather quickly.

    "Poison...really?" he mutters to himself as he yanks the arrows out and laughs - they tickled.

    Still he has no desire to be a pincushion or a human torch - when Rian can clearly be more effective in such matters.

    Rian moves to block the door, but Brandon is still there, and the paladin is forced to hang back. The paladin positions himself to defend himself and the others from the attackers in the room.

    Brandon scrambles out of the way and summons a web that spreads across the divination chamber. He then retreats further back into the hallway area.

    The burning elf continues his reckless charge, moving to engage the paladin. Both Hrothgar and Rian greet him with a caress of steel (need AoO from Rian). Hrothgar's attack slices through the armor of the warrior, wounding him slightly. The burning elf strikes back with two attacks with his greatsword, but can't get through Rian's defenses. Rian can feel the immense heat emanating from the elf and wonders what twisted magic possesses him. Looking into the eyes of the elf, he finds them pure white, as if possessed by something.

    The nimble elf archer manages to nimbly navigate the webbing and advance on the group. As he does, he fires three arrows with amazing precision that Kalthanar recognizes as a sharpshooter. Two arrows narrowly pass by the burning elf to find holes in Rian's armor, wounding the paladin slightly. Rian feels the poison coursing through his body as he fights to resist its effects. It dawns on Kalthanar that the elf attacking them was likely one of the ones attacking the Tower when it was transported away.

    From the south side of the room, two figures appear. The first is a halfling in tattered red robes. His eyes are white and lifeless. Kalthanar recognizes him as Jamison, the halfling from the vision with Veril. Veril hasn't aged noticeably, but almost gaunt compared to most halflings and his hair is matted and past his waist in length. Behind him stands what is clearly a mind flayer. He is dressed in elven garb and points an elongated finger at the Sentinels. The halfling mindlessly nods at some non-verbal command and begins casting a spell that Brandon instantly recognizes as a fireball. Brandon barely has time to call out a warning before a fiery explosion rocks their vicinity. The fireball is not as devastating as it could have been, as for some reason, Jamison didn't center it on the group. It's effects are still felt by Kalthanar, Rian, and Hrothgar though. The burning elf seems unaffected by the blast.

    Looking up, the others note that the mind flayer is no longer visible, having retreated further back. Jamison and the elven archer are fully visible though, as neither was capable of seeking immediate cover after their attacks.

    OOC:
    -13 HP Hrothgar. Blessed. DC 15 dex save or take another 28 fireball damage. 14 for half damage unless you have fire resistance.
    +2 temp HP Brandon.
    -6 HP Rian. Blessed. Need 2 DC 13 Con saves. If either is failed, he gets the poisoned condition. If you fail by more than 5 points, Rian falls unconscious instantly. DC 15 dex save or take another 28 fireball damage. 14 for half damage unless you have fire resistance. Please call out which of the saves is which.
    +11 HP Vort. Blessed.
    -3 HP Kal. Blessed. Made fireball save.
    -29 HP burning elf
    Anyone starting their turn within 5' of the burning elf takes heat based damage. I already applied it to Rian's HP here but technically he has one more HP than listed until his turn.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g75z6i11o64dijp/Tower%20Divination%20room%20Round%201a.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 12-09-2019 at 10:23 PM.

  3. Default

    Kalthanar switches targets and reluctantly aims for Jamison. The halfling wizard was too dangerous to ignore.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10+1d4) (4) (1) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (5) [10]

  4. #114

    Default

    Rian AC 23 HP 34/68

    Rian defends with the icy shield and uses his sword hand to purge the poison from his body.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,475

    Default

    AC17 - HPs 70/111 - Blessed - Adv on Poison Saves for 1hr (Anti-toxin) - SW Available - AS Available

    Hrothgar is getting mightily annoyed with this place. He slips into the familiar blood frenzy of his rage, not that it will do much against the Fire, but when one is angry, a little heat is to be expected.

    He recklessly swings at the Flaming Elf twice with his glaive. He gives a roar of satisfaction as he feels both blows connect solidly upon his foe.

    ***
    Bonus Action = Rage
    Action = Reckless Attacks on BBQ Guy
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 To Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (3, 19) (1) [28] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (3) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 2 To Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (18, 20) (2) [30] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (10) [17]
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 12-10-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  6. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,475

    Default

    Both Critted (I crit on 19 and 20)

    Additional Crit Die =
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll Attack1 CD - (1d10r2) (5) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll Attack2 CD - (1d10r2) (6) [6]

    Total Damage from both hits = 38
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 12-10-2019 at 01:34 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  7. Default

    AC17 HP75

    Vort could from Kal's reaction that he thought he had missed, and reminded him that Reorx could change that verdict, and did so, and then moved up and he himself fired twice at Jamison.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollVeraII - (1d20+8+1d4) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d10+5) [13]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollbonus attack - (1d20+8+1d4) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d10+5) [6]

    ooc: reaction guided strike on Kal's shot making it a 25 to hit. Move 8278, fire Jamison, bonus attack Jamison.

    On first successful hit, Vort can do a divine strike for [roll]1d8[/roll] additional damage. -- redoing in dice thread.
    Last edited by Luopo; 12-10-2019 at 05:38 AM.

  8. Default

    With divine assistance Kalthanar successfully penetrates Jamison's shield spell.

    OOC: Using Shadow Arrow. Jamison must make a Wisdom save vs DC 13 or become blind.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShadow Arrow Damage - (2d6) (6, 1) [7]

  9. Default

    "We must break the mind flayer's hold on its subjects!" Brandon shouts as he moves adjacent to Hrothgar (8079). Casting Dimension Door, he reaches out and touches the plainsman, and the two are instantly teleported adjacent to the elven archer (H-5882 and B-5982). Brandon then circles the creature, attempting to flank it (5884).

    OOC: Brandon ends up in 5884 and Hrothgar is in 5882. Unfortunately, Hrothgar already attacked this turn, but at least he gets an Opportunity Attack if the elven archer tries to move away without disengaging.

    Edit: I mistook the elven archer for the mind flayer.
    Last edited by Hideous; 12-10-2019 at 05:03 PM.

  10. Default

    Kalthanar fires off a second shot at Jamison.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10+1d4) (3) (1) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (2) [7]

    OOC: move to cell 7978.

    EDIT: Poor rolls. I will write that off to extreme reluctance to attack poor Jamison.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 12-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •