Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 757

Thread: Chapter 12.8: A door to NoWhere

  1. Default

    Brandon scowls as he sees another shimmering field around the illithid. Suddenly, he is assaulted by the mind flayer’s telepathic blast, but he fights if off. He casts Dispel Magic again, targeting the newest magical barrier. “What’s so funny?” he asks, as he climbs the southern stairs and turns west towards the mind flayer.

  2. #192

    Default

    Rian AC: 23 HP 70/68 (21 temporary hitpoints 10 for aid and 11 for inspiration)

    Rian watches the combat with the troll and decides to take a risk. The paladin yells to Hrothgar, "Disengage! To the mindflayer."

    Rian moves towards the mindflayer, flying out of the range of the troll.

    Action: disengage and fly to 10 feet from the mindflayer.


  3. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Hrothgar - AC17 - Inspired HP/Aid = HPs 70/111 (55+10 aid+5 ins) - SW 0/0 - AS 1/1 - Rage 1/1 - BLESSED

    Hrothgar looks momentarily puzzled but disengages and follows Rian towards the Mindflayer.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. Default

    Kalthanar sprints over to the chair where he aims True Courage for the mind flayer, "Turn it around to limit the cone of the mind blast!" After releasing a pair of arrows he runs back to his original location.

    OOC: move to cell 4280 shoot two arrows and then return to original cell 3882 (with bonus action dash). If the mind flayer is not blinded only use the first rolls obviously.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter Bless - (2d20b1+10-5+1d4) (10, 4) (4) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage1 - (1d8+15) (3) [18]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter Bless - (2d20b1+10-6+1d4) (2, 9) (4) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage2 - (1d8+13) (7) [20]

  5. Default

    On Kal's second shot, Vort calls out to his god to guide his shot.

    ooc: Guided Strike to make Kal's second shot a 27 to hit

  6. #196

    Default

    After all the years of drinkin', there wasn't much left of Vort's brain to be hurt. Steeling his will against the Mind Flayer's attack, Vort rushed out and curved to his right and threw his magical shield, Shiela, in front of him to protect him, then turns his sight on to the Mind Flayer, "You need to stop playing with yourself, or you'll go blind!" Vort intones and prays for the gift of Blindness to assail the Illithid. Although Reorx grants his miracle, the barely visible spherical barrier glows briefly to deflect the spell leaving the apparently once elven mind flayer unaffected.

    Brandon scowls as he sees another shimmering field around the illithid. Suddenly, he is assaulted by the mind flayer’s telepathic blast, but he fights if off. He casts Dispel Magic again, targeting the newest magical barrier. “What’s so funny?” he asks, as he climbs the southern stairs and turns west towards the mind flayer. Perhaps the mind flayer was laughing as he foresaw that Brandon was about to trigger a trap as he went up the stairs. As Brandon puts his foot on the first step, he hears a faint click and barely notices a dozen holes on the side of the stairway on each side. He ducks as a dozen darts fly from both sides of him.

    Rian watches the combat with the troll and decides to take a risk. The paladin yells to Hrothgar, "Disengage! To the mindflayer."

    Rian moves towards the mindflayer, flying out of the range of the troll.

    Hrothgar looks momentarily puzzled but disengages and follows Rian towards the Mindflayer.

    Kalthanar sprints over to the chair where he aims True Courage for the mind flayer, "Turn it around to limit the cone of the mind blast!" After releasing a pair of arrows he runs back to his original location. The first arrow is about to miss when Vort calls out to Reorx to guide the shot to overcome the barrier. With Reorx’s blessing, the shot connects with the mind flayer, doing full damage. The second shot sails well wide of the target though.

    The troll advances closing the gap with the fleeing warriors. As he approaches Hrothgar, that plainsman takes a swing at him with his glaive, cutting a fresh wound across the creatures chest. The troll attacks with his claws and bite, and Hrothgar feels the very real mental pain of a wound that doesn’t bleed.

    The mind flayer watches the action unfold around him. He then steps back 15’ to encompass more of the room and unleashes another mind blast that catches Rian, Hrothgar, Vort, and the ashen troll all together. The troll is blasted by the damage and stands there, stunned at least temporarily. The mind flayer then retreats back into the sphere and again has some of his wounds heal. The troll does not appear to regenerate, at least momentarily.



    Kalthanar: bless
    Rian: 68/68 HP bless, fly.
    Hrothgar: 70/111 bless, fly.
    Vort: bless. -11 psychic damage and stunned.
    Brandon: needs to pass a DC 14 dex check or take 25 damage from the trap. If he takes the damage he also needs to make a DC 12 conc check to maintain fly
    Mind flayer -12 HP ***Has ĺ cover from Vort and Brandon's position. Has full cover due to the 10’ wall near Kal. Kal would either have to scale the wall (acrobatics or athletics check DC 10), climb the stairs, or advance east to at least The Chair to get visibility to shoot him.
    Troll -81 HP stunned

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddjt7r3zg3...0room.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 01-14-2020 at 08:38 PM.

  7. #197

    Default

    Rian AC: 23 HP 70/68 (21 temporary hitpoints 10 for aid and 11 for inspiration)

    Rian momentarily flinches at the mind blast but pushes past the pain and flies as an avenging angel with a flaming sword at the mind flayer. As the paladin moves closer he says, "Your foul mind games will not work on me and this ends now!"Rian flies so that he is higher than the mind flayer and can bring Flamequench down upon the monster.

    Action: move to the mind flayer by flying through 3477, 3478, 3479, and 3579.
    Abjure enemy granting advantage
    Attack twice, if he hits he'll use second level spell slots for divine smite

    Attack 1
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+9+1d4) (18, 9) (3) [30]
    damage: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+1d6) [5]
    Flamequench Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [1]
    Divine smite: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d8) [14]
    Attack 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+9+1d4) (20, 1) (2) [31]
    damage: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+1d6) [10]
    Flamequench Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [1]
    Divine smite: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d8) [7]






  8. Default

    AC19 Shield active HP64/75 (+10 temp hp gone)

    The Mind Flayer must have touched upon the few brains cells Vort had as the dwarf war priest reels in a stunned stupor and only says, "Burrito?" as he stands there.

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    HP 70/111, blessed, AC17, 1 Rage remaining, Action Surge remaining

    Hrothgar wants to follow Rian, but this damn troll wont go away, and wait.... it looks ......

    A roar of delight and the plainsman goes to town upon his stunned foe hoping to put it down.

    (not raging... just going to use action surge if needed to get as many advantaged hits in as I can)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (16, 5) (4) [28] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+5) (6) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (6, 20) (4) [32] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d4r2+5) (4) [9] + Crit Dice of 2 = Total of 11 Damage
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (6, 18) (1) [27] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+5) (4) [9]

    Action Surge - If the Troll is still up then the below goes into him. - If not up... then Instead he will move to assist Rian and the action surge will apply to the MF - which he will reckless attack so as to still get the advantage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (15, 5) (1) [24] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+5) (5) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20b1+1d4+8) (20, 13) (3) [31] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+5) (5) [10] + Crit Dice of 10 = Total of 20 Damage

    (movement - if troll is still up even after all 5 attacks - then he stays where he is. if troll goes down midpoint then above statement applies - move me to 3479 so its in range and commence the AS upon the MF)
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 01-14-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  10. Default

    Kalthanar repeats his strategy and runs back to the throne. He pushes aside the thought that this unholy creature might have once been an elf.

    OOC: Move to cell 4280 shoot two arrows and then return to original cell 3882 (with bonus action dash). Should the mind flayer go down any leftover damage goes to the troll.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBless Attack - (1d20+10+1d4) (16) (3) [29]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (2) [7]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBless Attack - (1d20+10+1d4) (2) (1) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (1) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (2d6) (3, 1) [4]

Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •