Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 59: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Please also remember the Attunement rule. You cannot be attuned to more than 3 magic items at one time.
    As far as I am aware - following the questions I asked at the time of receiving the various armor bits (when Rachel left) Since not every magic thing in DND requires attunement ... I was told that the only items I have that required "attunement" were the Cloak (as its a warding effect) and then the Int Ring.

I did have the Gjallr Horn for a short time... but I no longer have that.

If that is incorrect then I need to know... because I haven't marked my sheet otherwise... and id rather have it showing things correctly. The OCD compels it!
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

2. Default

As a point of clarification, in Chaldera, if an item grants you a bonus to AC or To Hit and Damage, like a longsword +2, but not including additional damage like +2d6 vs giants, then it does not need to be attuned.

Not to single you out, but some of Ivar's items are not attuned and he's never attempted to attune them, like his boots.

Currently Ivar has only attuned his bowstring, cloak and INT ring, and thats all he can attune.

When an item such as a Adamantine breastplate +2 is donned, it does not need to be attuned. If that breastplate also had additional powers, then to use those additional powers it would need to be attuned, but not attuning it still means it acts as a adamantine breastplate +2--because I think the current RAW are silly.

I should probably put this in the House Rules too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    As far as I am aware - following the questions I asked at the time of receiving the various armor bits (when Rachel left) Since not every magic thing in DND requires attunement ... I was told that the only items I have that required "attunement" were the Cloak (as its a warding effect) and then the Int Ring.

I did have the Gjallr Horn for a short time... but I no longer have that.

If that is incorrect then I need to know... because I haven't marked my sheet otherwise... and id rather have it showing things correctly. The OCD compels it!

Blog Entries

Jim: I've tried to explain a boon a couple of time with (quite a bit of detail and flavor, I thought), and I'm not sure what's not making sense to you. And I have to go to sleep in a minute.

Did you just want me to pick a feat or a magic item or something that's in the rules already?

You basically told me to ask for anything, so I did, twice, and I'm not get anything helpful back in-game about what's wrong with the request.

Blog Entries

To be clear, I do have backup options I can ask for, too.
    Trying not to be greedy. Just trying to figure out ways to make Walden less useless after he runs out of ki, which can happen really quickly for monks. To
    be honest, I would like a boon that lasts long-term.

So back when I picked up the armor... and asked... what needs to be attuned from this.. and got told - Only the Cloak.... you basically lied. (I do know that I picked up the boots later... and at the time... nothing was said about 'requiring' attunement....

nm... I have a feeling im just going to get told to get over it as usual.

Marking my sheet to reflect the 3 things I apparently have attuned.

Ivar will see if there is a cobbler in this place who will do boots for human feet.

7. Default

I will state this once and only once Janine--and remember I do like you. If you, or anyone as a matter of fact, says that I'm a liar, they are out of the game. I am not fucking kidding. This is yours and anyone in the games only warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    So back when I picked up the armor... and asked... what needs to be attuned from this.. and got told - Only the Cloak.... you basically lied. (I do know that I picked up the boots later... and at the time... nothing was said about 'requiring' attunement....

nm... I have a feeling im just going to get told to get over it as usual.

Marking my sheet to reflect the 3 things I apparently have attuned.

So, did Axar lose a finger? Any chance of reattaching that? Any negatives from that in combat or to wearing future rings?

From my sense, it made sense to remove it since I knew it was cursed, it gave potential benefits to others, and I knew that if I cut off the finger it wouldn't work. Axar wouldn't know that though, and believed that he could have just cut off his finger himself to undo his curse if he truly wanted to. I realize that this isn't the case, but Axar would be believe that he probably didn't get anything out of the boon since he could have done that himself if he worked up the nerve...

Jim
    What do we know about it the Lewis's customs? Hildegard could rp a lot of questions with Sully.

What I'd like to know are the honorable options for Alli.
    - can she annul her marriage?
    - divorce?
    - what would it take for other suitors to Alli to be able to come a calling (openly and with the approval of the community) if that is what she wanted?
    - I wonder if her husband is still alive.
    Last edited by Arkady; 11-19-2019 at 02:16 PM.

10. Default

He will yes. It can't be reattached without a higher level spell cast immediately. He will be at -1 to hit for a week until he gets used to not having that finger--which I will allow you to choose which one he lost. You only wear 1 magic ring per hand and it doesn't matter what finger, so it won't affect his future use. If you had tried to cut it off, you probably would have died--this way you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    So, did Axar lose a finger? Any chance of reattaching that? Any negatives from that in combat or to wearing future rings?

From my sense, it made sense to remove it since I knew it was cursed, it gave potential benefits to others, and I knew that if I cut off the finger it wouldn't work. Axar wouldn't know that though, and believed that he could have just cut off his finger himself to undo his curse if he truly wanted to. I realize that this isn't the case, but Axar would be believe that he probably didn't get anything out of the boon since he could have done that himself if he worked up the nerve...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast