Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 59: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    That was an odd thing to suggest. No one should wear the ring.
    It actually has some benefits to someone if they're willing to accept the risks/downsides. Axar got virtually no value out of it though. Here is the cut/paste:

For the purposes of the game, the Ring of Hastur will grant Axar Guidance 3/day. If he had been a warlock, sorceror or wizard, it would have granted him +2 in either Int or Charisma and 1 level in that class. Unfortunately Axar isn't intelligent enough or charismatic enough to multiclass, or he could get a level in one of those classes. It is a powerful ring.

If Axar ever wishes to talk to Deuthan, time stops. I will have to close the current threads for the conversation to occur and he can talk to Deuthan any time he wants to. He can end the conversation anytime he wants to also as he is the master of the ring.

If Axar ever uses an ASI to increase either his Charisma or Int to 13 and multiclasses into Wiz, Warlock or Sorceror, he will receive the +2 stat and the +1 level.

Ahh thats right... the Bard exclusionist ring :P

(all that yummy charisma! - mind you.... warlock dip in.... hmmm tempting).

Ok the other question is... If someone who qualified did wear that ring and got the +2 stat and Level. Does that Level count towards the Max 20 levels... or would it hypothetically allow for a level 21?
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

It took a while but I found the post where the voice of Ariendel told Althir not to put on the ring. For a warlock to wear the ring it probably does what the Ring of Ariendel did to Althir. Phaedra was forced out of Althir when he put the Ring of Ariendel on.

4. Default

You still have to make your wis save to wear it...

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    It actually has some benefits to someone if they're willing to accept the risks/downsides. Axar got virtually no value out of it though. Here is the cut/paste:

For the purposes of the game, the Ring of Hastur will grant Axar Guidance 3/day. If he had been a warlock, sorceror or wizard, it would have granted him +2 in either Int or Charisma and 1 level in that class. Unfortunately Axar isn't intelligent enough or charismatic enough to multiclass, or he could get a level in one of those classes. It is a powerful ring.

If Axar ever wishes to talk to Deuthan, time stops. I will have to close the current threads for the conversation to occur and he can talk to Deuthan any time he wants to. He can end the conversation anytime he wants to also as he is the master of the ring.

If Axar ever uses an ASI to increase either his Charisma or Int to 13 and multiclasses into Wiz, Warlock or Sorceror, he will receive the +2 stat and the +1 level.

5. Default

Once Walden is done, I'll move us on to morning after the Visitations. I figure with people still exhausted, you guys will be staying either here in Brightwater the rest of the day or traveling to Jasrel for the rest of the day. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    You still have to make your wis save to wear it...
    Int save is what you told me originally. DC 20. There is a ring that would be paired with this though that would allow an automatic pass, I think.

I don't care who gets it. Althir may not be an option given his pact.

Ivar or Cormack may get some benefit. I'll leave it up to the group to decide.

7. Default

Ah yes, INT.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Int save is what you told me originally. DC 20. There is a ring that would be paired with this though that would allow an automatic pass, I think.

I don't care who gets it. Althir may not be an option given his pact.

Ivar or Cormack may get some benefit. I'll leave it up to the group to decide.

WOOT! **rubs hands with glee....** Int save - CHECK! lol

I know its a bad ring... but its so.... yummy :P

Regardless of when we leave -

Ivar retrieves his Puzzle (Hopefully well and truly unglued) by now.

Also we all will need to retrieve whatever else we left there (All the books? etc) and our Horses etc.

I admit I forgot about all the exhaustion's... so if we need to stick around longer for those to clear ... makes sense... gives the others time to return to question the mayor... Sully to do his family thing (i'm not sure if he finished that all up when we first arrived - I honestly can't remember).... And time for us to plan where we are going next.... in the grander picture of things. Because Ivar has no clue about what we are doing.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

9. Default

Please also remember the Attunement rule. You cannot be attuned to more than 3 magic items at one time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Once Walden is done, I'll move us on to morning after the Visitations. I figure with people still exhausted, you guys will be staying either here in Brightwater the rest of the day or traveling to Jasrel for the rest of the day. Let me know.
    Let me know if Walden's request makes sense. It doesn't makes sense to me to ask for a specific feat or magic item, because they aren't things that Walden would know about.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast