Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 59: A Welcomed Rest

Axar says, "I don't know of too many races that would be happy to race a duergar baby. Being a dwarro isn't easy. I don't understand duergar. They are blessed by many of the same gifts that dwarro get, but have either chosen a dark path or had some other misfortune strike them to push them that direction. I don't believe that they are inherently inclined to chose the dark path. With the correct upbringing and care, I believe that she can be a great person. I think we have to believe that. Having said that, while many humani don't seem to like dwarro for whatever reason, many dwarro don't like duergar. I don't know my history well enough to know why, but Fennon wouldn't be an option. I don't know what is, but it wouldn't be Fennon. I don't even know that they'd let us in the city with the baby. We'd be wasting our time."

"She is already on the hero's journey. Her life endangered at birth. Sheltered away from those who would do her harm. One day she will deserve to know more of her true story," Hildegard says.

3. Default

“Fine,” answers Zavros. “But how about waiting until she is an adult?”

Cormack says, "Before we begin planning her coming of age ceremony and that of little Pardon, perhaps we should see to business and then figure out which way we're traveling. Also, how we are to care for children on the road."

"Pardon... she is not that. Gods man. Every time someone burps or farts .... No.... Don't accept the ones I suggested, fine. But I refuse to have her called Pardon."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

"Sully, see if your parents will raise her. If they will. Then they can name her. Otherwise we can argue more on names as we travel".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

"The time to tell either girl more will depend on them. It will be part of their coming of age. It may be many years. "

"What made you think someone might tell them before they are adults?" Hildegard asks Zavros.
    Last edited by Arkady; 11-22-2019 at 02:02 AM.

Blog Entries

"I don't know... maybe it would be best to tell the girls of their journey," Walden says. "I think we should make sure they know how they were saved by the fires of hel, and how they came unto like miracles. I have so many questions about my own parentage that I would like answered, even if I might be frightened by the answers I would get."

"Hellena, though nice, does not favor the reminders of hell. And Miracle sounds too obvious. Grace and Faith sound nice. Or maybe something like 'Mariel' for miracle, and 'Divinah' to show that she came to us through a divine gift."

"I suppose we could let the caregivers name the girls, but I'd rather do it ourselves. The gods brought them to us, so it seems only right that we name them." Walden shrugs and sighs and then pulls out his bottle and swirls the alcohol around in the bottle without uncorking it, thinking.

Axar says, "I have no idea what the best home for them is. I know they can't stay with us. Picking a name for either of them is not something that I've earned the right to do. It might be something a future parent wants to do. Regardless, telling them of what happened to them is not realistic. First, they aren't going to understand or remember it. I might suggest making a short children's book about each of their pasts. Something that can be read to them at bed time. I wouldn't write about the fiery pit of Hel, and their abandonment. I would alter it enough to captivate a child and inspire them as they age."

He closes his eyes and narrates, "This little one was so important that she was teleported to a far away land by some inbred minotaur. Others saw the potential in her and valiantly fought to save her from the evil being, allowing her to fulfill her destiny..." He opens his eyes and says, "Yeah, inbred minotaur probably needs some work in a kids book, but you get the basic idea."
    Last edited by zebsen; 11-22-2019 at 01:15 PM.

10. Default

Zavros leans back in his chair, "I am more concerned about finding suitable parents than anything else. Hildegard and Walden already seem think they will become great heroes when they come of age."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast