Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 59: A Welcomed Rest

"I understand Alli. It's a shame, you seem to have a natural instinct."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

2. Default

"There are plenty of orphanages in Jasrel," mentions Zavros.

Axar asks Allie, "Do you know of anyone in Brightwater that might be a good home for either child? I realize that you can't raise them, but do you know of one that might give it a good home? If not, as Zavros says, there are other options."

Cormack adds, pulling a wrap around his face, "Or even a wetnurse willing to travel for a few days until we can get the children squared away?"

5. Default

Alli again shakes her head no, "You will be hard pressed to find a family here willing to take on a baby, a human baby even, after the shenanigans the nobles of Jas..." her voice stops, forgetting who she was talking to. "Anyways, no bother about that." She stands and hands the baby back, "Excuse me, I must attend to the kitchen." With that said she leaves to do just as she said.

Ivar takes the child back and looks at the others.

"One of these days will you just trust me enough to do my thing. I think I almost had her ready to change her mind."

Then muttering softly to the child he speaks in a deliberately gaga voice.

"Just like the circle again... yesss..."

Before rolling his eyes and finding his seat once more.

Cormack raises an eyebrow.

"I am somewhat glad we interrupted you. I think that putting the task of raising a child in her hands might be a blessing for no one. I don't think you were lying about her instinct, but I'd rather inconvience us for a few days than talk someone into a responsibility for which they are not prepared."

"You amuse me Cormack. You see... I could quite clearly see how much she really wanted to have a daughter. Something her bastard of a husband denied her. I seriously doubt I would have had to 'talk' her into something she clearly already wanted. I was merely giving her the chance to come to the realization herself."

"And as for the 'Orphanages' in Jasrel." He gives a short bark of less than amused laughter. "Good Luck there.... at least here we know she would have been with a loving woman who would have raised her well. In Jasrel... well.... i'm sure in about 20 years she will be well trained.... but I doubt it would be a form of employment you would approve of".

"or... perhaps you would. Who knows what secret desires you hide under those robes".

9. Default

“It’s called gold,” interjects Zavros. “There are good people out there. Gold provides security for the child. Hell we can get a barrister and set up a fund.”

Cormack, his face currently covered save for his eyes, stares at the bard for a moment.

Finally he says, "I'm flattered, but I'm not ready for marriage, Ivar."

The sarcasm sits so oddly on his tongue one has to wonder for a moment if someone was not throwing their voice through the cloth of his turban.

Turning to Zavros, he says, "That's a fair idea. Though I have no idea what it takes to ensure a good upbringing. The Order never exactly shared their list of expenses with me. Or sources of income, for that matter."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast