Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 59: A Welcomed Rest

Axar shakes his head and says, "I don't think so. I don't know what to do with the duergar baby. I'm not one that believes that one is born evil. We learn our actions from others. I just don't know what to do with a baby of a race that has a reputation for bad things. It's not going to be easy to give it away, and can't exactly take it with us everywhere. Maybe the temple of Illkur? We have to go their anyway. Maybe they'll have some answers. Or Sully's family maybe."
    Last edited by zebsen; 11-16-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Blog Entries

"Some monasteries will take in an orphan if they think he could be useful when he grows older," Walden suggests. "But it's not a life I'd wish on a baby. And I don't know much about the monasteries in this part of the world, including whether they would be willing to take in a dwarro. I have noticed that mistrust and hate runs deep for many races around here."

"I will meditate, pray and ask for help for both infant girls," says Hildegard.

Althir said, "Jasrel then? Any objections to spending a few days in Jasrel. We need to make plans for dealing with the Greater Temple of Illkur, report to the King."

"I just need to retrieve my puzzle from Father Ashwell at the Chapel, but otherwise, yes. I am ready to return Jasrel if everyone else is. As for the children, I have a feeling Alli might be interested in the one child. She seems quite enamored of her. Perhaps you should ask her first before simply assuming to put them into orphanages. Having grown up in one of those. I will admit that 'some' can be good. But they are few and far between and obviously, not every child gets adopted at the end of the day either".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Cormack nods, "I have some things to do there. I think I will trade some of the gems I won in that winter carnival and trade them for some of the things I need for spell work."

Althir says, "So we need to spend two days here?"

Ivar looks confused. His trip to the chapel would not take that long and his puzzle should have all the glue removed by now.

He merely shrugs and says nothing. Perhaps the others had already voiced options that would lead to a longer stay outside of his earshot.

He watches as Alli fusses and coos over the human child. He decides to simply ask if she is interested in raising the child.

"Alli, You seem rather taken by that little one. Do you wish to keep her and call her daughter and raise her to be as kind and caring as you are?"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

9. Default

Alli definitely considers it, but shakes her head no, "Sorry, but I cannot. I'm here alone, no husband and this inn to run, I cannot take on more responsibilities, let alone a child."

Althir replied, "We appreciate your hospitality. You've treated us well on our visit to Brightwater. Thank you for making our visit a good one."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast