Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12.4: The Maker Returns

Default Chapter 12.4: The Maker Returns

Sept 19 (evening)

The night was an emotional one. The incredible high of returning Reorx to the world was quickly muted by the realization of the Veil of the Dead being carried around by Vortigern. Although Vortigern had called for immediate action, Reorx had departed with the Veil before any action was taken, causing the priest to erupt in anger. Brandon and Rian quickly worked to calm him, assuring him that they would support his decision to destroy the accursed Veil as quickly as possible. Others were more unsure how to handle the emotional outburst of the dwarf, and tended to give him plenty of space. Kalthanar and some others retreated to Good Knight Tavern, where they had some well deserved drinks.

Sept 20

Although the rain cleared as the day wore on, the day was again heavily overcast. Vortigern looked around at what was left of his temple the next day, and could only shake his head at the partial destruction inadvertently caused by Reorx's return. Several people stop by to check on Vort and the temple throughout the day. Of note, Brandon notices that when he is in the vicinity of the altar, he can sense the presence of the being referred to as Turiel.

As the day wore on, there was still no sign of Reorx. After a full day of painful waiting the other Sentinels come to check on Vortigern, when a quick flash occurs and the tanned, muscled form of Reorx appears in front of them.

His expression is not easy to read, but seems to tired, if such a thing is possible.

He looks at Vortigern first and relates, "Rhagmur did not fall overnight, nor will it be rebuilt overnight. Know that the process of reclaiming it from Morgion has begun. While our forces rest, I have returned to formally offer my thanks. You have much on your mind, and I did not have time to discuss it all before I left. Please speak freely now."

Looking around the partially constructed and destructed temple, Reorx closes his eyes and kneels to the ground. From the ground, three long stone pews rise up into being. Reorx motions the group to one, while he sits in another one.

Hrothgar sits as directed. He is giddy, almost like a child. And He sincerely hopes his mouth is not hanging open in unrestrained awe.

This may be the third God he has been in the presence of; but its still something he doubts he will ever get used to.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default Chapter 12.4: The Maker Returns

Sitting, Vort began immediately,ĒI request that the Veil be destroyed, miílord. It is paramount in my mind and I cannot rest until itís destruction.Ē

Rian sat in a pew and listened to Vort's request. As Vort spoke Rian silently agreed with the dwarf. No good could come for the Sentinels of keeping this relic around.

Hrothgar looks visibly pained as he sits in silence and awaits Reorx's answer. While he still did not think it was wise to waste the item until they had at least secured another for the time ritual, Brandon had stressed Vort's apparently overwhelming desire for it to be gone. For the cohesion of the party he had eventually acceded on the issue. But it didn't mean that he was happy about it.

To refocus his mind to future events, he tries to think what questions he could possibly ask of a God that would help them... there was just so much to do.... and a feeling of very little time to do them in.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

6. Default

Kalthanar interjects, “Before we get started on that topic can you tell us what happened in Rhagmur?”

OOC: that write up was amazing! I would like access to the information in character.

Reorx looks at Vortigern first. He could see the pain and anger that he was in. Normally blunt, Reorx picked his words carefully. He stated, "I understand your desire. Let me explain what little I know about possibly destroying the Veil."

He says, "There is no doubt that you manage to destroy the Veil, Chemosh would be weakened. Possibly permanently. Thankfully I don't know the exact effects as you were successful at guiding me into being."

He thinks and says, "These items were cleverly designed traps for us. We designed them to not be destroyed. Even when we didn't know their true purpose, we built them to withstand almost anything - we intended them to be powerful gifts for our most loyal followers. It would stand to reason that we wouldn't want them to be easily destroyed if they somehow fell into the wrong hands."

He says, "If you find a way to weaken it to destroy it, it will undoubtedly release part of Chemosh's essence. It will either form or fail to form into the God. If it forms into Chemosh, you will be in front of an avatar of one of the Gods, albeit a weakened one. If it fails, I suspect that a massive amount of energy will be released. What happens to that energy, I don't know, but I can't imagine happy thoughts."

He is about to say more, but stops. He looks at the sky and frowns at being unable to see the stars.

8. Default

“So what is the best way to contain the veil?” asks Kalthanar.

Default Chapter 12.4: The Maker Returns

Reorx looks at Kalthanar. He says, "It is a powerful artifact that obviously radiates the power to reanimate the dead. I know of no way to contain it any more so than a way to stop the items that I created from being contained. I suppose you could hide it in a secluded location, but it will eventually be found. Maybe not quickly, but eventually it will raise something that will cause someone to investigate."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast