Page 62 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

1. Default

We may have 10 minutes to rest but there is no way we don’t get attacked over a hour long short rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Okay I'm caught up. If we decide to press the attack, no one gets to refresh their temp HP. If we wait, Brandon can give another inspiring speech.

2. Default

DM, Can we take a short rest or is it too soon?

Default Chapter 12: OOC

Sorry been a really rough last few days. I will write more tomorrow but I am okay.

I will catch up in my various games tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Default Chapter 12: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Sorry been a really rough last few days. I will write more tomorrow but I am okay.

I will catch up in my various games tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to hear, glad you’re okay.

Not to bore everyone with details, but my company announced a restructuring last week. I still have a job, but I know others that were impacted, and it's stressful especially given the time of year. It's a fact of corporate life, and while I'm not being overly negative on my company, I did take the time to spend some extra time with my family and be thankful. Also we opted to move X-mas earlier this year for my kids, which we never did before. So, we opened gifts Saturday morning, which put extra stress on me to finish my shopping/wrapping. Regardless, I'm through that. I just wasn't feeling much like gaming given recent events. Sorry for the brief but unusual period of nothing.

I am catching up today. Not sure how much the story will move this week, but here goes...

Vort, you mentioned that you'd cast the ritual of detect magic. That will take 10 minutes, but won't cost you a first level spell. If speed is of the essence, you can just cast it but expend a first level spell. It's unclear which you want. Please specify, and I will move you along.

Also, a short rest is an option if you want it, but obviously will take an hour to complete. There is always a chance that it will be interrupted.

7. Default

Restructuring during Christmas? You would think they would try to avoid laying off people during the holidays.

Not to bore everyone with details, but my company announced a restructuring last week. I still have a job, but I know others that were impacted, and it's stressful especially given the time of year. It's a fact of corporate life, and while I'm not being overly negative on my company, I did take the time to spend some extra time with my family and be thankful. Also we opted to move X-mas earlier this year for my kids, which we never did before. So, we opened gifts Saturday morning, which put extra stress on me to finish my shopping/wrapping. Regardless, I'm through that. I just wasn't feeling much like gaming given recent events. Sorry for the brief but unusual period of nothing.

I am catching up today. Not sure how much the story will move this week, but here goes...

8. Default

Kalthanar was searching the 3 bodies for anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Restructuring during Christmas? You would think they would try to avoid laying off people during the holidays.
    Yeah. Our fiscal year ends at the end of Sept. A downside associated with that is if anything is remotely amiss, the first real chance to make adjustments is roughly... now. I don't think the cuts will take effect immediately, but it's still a rough time of year.

10. Default

Vort will do the ritual, since he is low on spells and will need those Healing Words for Rian and Hrothgar

Vort, you mentioned that you'd cast the ritual of detect magic. That will take 10 minutes, but won't cost you a first level spell. If speed is of the essence, you can just cast it but expend a first level spell. It's unclear which you want. Please specify, and I will move you along.

Also, a short rest is an option if you want it, but obviously will take an hour to complete. There is always a chance that it will be interrupted.