Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1622

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

  1. #21

    Default

    Okay, so I started typing the turn, but there is no way that I'll get it out tonight. Really, you wanted to do 3 things:
    -bless the altar. This is done.
    -do the Ritual of Forming. You rolled for this, and it's complete, but from a narrative perspective, it will take while to write this (keep in mind at a minimum, it's a 10 minute ritual cast). There is a ton of prep work outside the blessing of the altar with candles, etc. So while your roll will stand, I need to at least edit the post to make it flow. Unless you just want me to write "Reorx appears" and move on, which won't do it justice.
    -have a wedding. This will likely be a separate thread that I'll open. To speed up the game, I can open it simultaneously to the others, but I will probably wait at least a little bit to open it for a variety of reasons.

    I assume that is the order that you wanted to do things in. Please confirm.
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-23-2019 at 01:10 AM.

  2. Default

    Sounds good to me. Just a reminder Brandon is going to turn the emeralds into earrings and a necklace for Silvart. He would have done this during the week of downtime had the loot rolls been processed. I assume it’s not a problem to retcon it now, but I need to know how much it would cost to craft the earrings and necklace and mount the stones. He would like them to be gold or, if he can afford it, platinum.

  3. #23

    Default Chapter 12: OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Does Zebsen know any legends of flying ships?
    No, he does not. Did you ask this IC? I canít remember.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24

    Default Chapter 12: OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Before we ended the conversation with Zebsen, Brandon would have asked him what the time lever looked like, in case they make it to Windale.
    Zebsen wonít say. He is very protective of it. While he trusts you, he has been handed a seemingly monumental task that he feels he has failed. He just says that you wonít randomly find it there. When the time is right, he will guide you to it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Default

    Yes. See my last question to him above your last thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1280343"
    1280343[/URL]]No, he does not. Did you ask this IC? I can’t remember.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Default

    Yes to altar and ritual, but no to the wedding.

    Although Vort has not broached the subject with Cavana--purposefully, she will undoubtedly want her parents and family there, to which I believe they are in Rhagmur... So until that city can be saved, her parents, if they still live, can attend, then the wedding will have to wait. Besides, these things take months to plan.

    I need a cost on the building and land. I can't imagine it will cost thousands--how could anyone afford such a thing at 2gp a day for a skilled worker, but I'll let you figure that out.

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Okay, so I started typing the turn, but there is no way that I'll get it out tonight. Really, you wanted to do 3 things:
    -bless the altar. This is done.
    -do the Ritual of Forming. You rolled for this, and it's complete, but from a narrative perspective, it will take while to write this (keep in mind at a minimum, it's a 10 minute ritual cast). There is a ton of prep work outside the blessing of the altar with candles, etc. So while your roll will stand, I need to at least edit the post to make it flow. Unless you just want me to write "Reorx appears" and move on, which won't do it justice.
    -have a wedding. This will likely be a separate thread that I'll open. To speed up the game, I can open it simultaneously to the others, but I will probably wait at least a little bit to open it for a variety of reasons.

    I assume that is the order that you wanted to do things in. Please confirm.

  7. #27

    Default Chapter 12: OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Yes to altar and ritual, but no to the wedding.

    Although Vort has not broached the subject with Cavana--purposefully, she will undoubtedly want her parents and family there, to which I believe they are in Rhagmur... So until that city can be saved, her parents, if they still live, can attend, then the wedding will have to wait. Besides, these things take months to plan.

    I need a cost on the building and land. I can't imagine it will cost thousands--how could anyone afford such a thing at 2gp a day for a skilled worker, but I'll let you figure that out.
    I didnít think the plan was an immediate wedding, but since there was a lot of OOC chatter about it, I wasnít sure.

    For the building and land, the altar was 5000 and goes toward whatever temple you want to make. The land is cheap. For what you are looking at possibly 250 gold for land near the center of town, which is enough land to support a full temple if needed with a courtyard.

    It really comes down to what you want to spend. The full temple in the DMG is a ton - 30 or 50K. That is what the temple of Gilean is. If you want something smaller, then put some what you want and expand from there. I would assume that you would need at least 5000 gold to get something going. Keep in mind that you can always pay as you go. So you can request 10K to be built and essentially plan on finding the gold you donít have to do it. You probably need to put half down, but given your status in the city, you should be okay.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-23-2019 at 03:03 AM.

  8. Default

    Okay, so what I've paid so far has covered the building, land and altar--which is a small 30x30 building and a large courtyard out back for martial arms training? Or is the additional courtyard out back another 250gp? If so, no problem, all I need is a good chunk of land and a large wall around it. I chose this spot specifically cause it was near the graveyard

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I didn’t think the plan was an immediate wedding, but since there was a lot of OOC chatter about it, I wasn’t sure.

    For the building and land, the altar was 5000 and goes toward whatever temple you want to make. The land is cheap. For what you are looking at possibly 250 gold for land near the center of town, which is enough land to support a full temple if needed with a courtyard.

    It really comes down to what you want to spend. The full temple in the DMG is a ton - 30 or 50K. That is what the temple of Gilean is. If you want something smaller, then put some what you want and expand from there. I would assume that you would need at least 5000 gold to get something going. Keep in mind that you can always pay as you go. So you can request 10K to be built and essentially plan on finding the gold you don’t have to do it. You probably need to put half down, but given your status in the city, you should be okay.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #29

    Default Chapter 12: OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Okay, so what I've paid so far has covered the building, land and altar--which is a small 30x30 building and a large courtyard out back for martial arms training? Or is the additional courtyard out back another 250gp? If so, no problem, all I need is a good chunk of land and a large wall around it. I chose this spot specifically cause it was near the graveyard
    250 is more than enough to cover the land you want. It is minor but keep track of it, since it would count toward the temple eventually.

    For my knowledge how much did you pay for the building and are you attempting to have them finance more of it? So are you telling them to construct a 10K building and putting 5k down or just paying 5K for a 5k building?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Default Chapter 12: OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    250 is more than enough to cover the land you want. It is minor but keep track of it, since it would count toward the temple eventually.

    For my knowledge how much did you pay for the building and are you attempting to have them finance more of it? So are you telling them to construct a 10K building and putting 5k down or just paying 5K for a 5k building?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All Iíve paid so far is 2000gp since you said the shard would cover the other 3000gp needed for the 5000gp altar.

Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •