Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1886

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Are we doing the group Inspiration points yet? Who has any? Rian may want a reroll.
    I can. I hadn't considered 5 on 1 overly challenging, but if he wants to reroll it, he can with that.

hold on ... how the hell have I taken so much damage compared to everyone else??? I'm pretty sure I've made most of the saves. Because last I looked it was only minus 20 or something... and now its way higher.

there is no way i've been hit with 120+ points of damage by this thing (halved to the -60 odd you have me at now - in fact probably more... since you would have had to start at 132)

I would like to see a complete break down of the damage inflicted. because it doesn't make sense to me. Also I have no idea what HPs i'm actually on .. since I have no idea if your *minus* figure is from the 132.... or 111. I ask because I want to be sure I have not been double accredited with damage due to all the gaps in posting.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 04-10-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

Can we still target the tentacles with missile weapons?

Round 3 - You had H at -10 for the write up. Going by the rolls in the Dice thread I was apparently Target 2. - you also stated NO damage taken for the save on concussion - which you rolled a 41 damage... and I made the save. so phew no damage. (Legendary Action/s)

Then you had H get hit by a Tentacle for 15.... for the brains actual turn

You then did two other tent rolls... but did not specify a target - one for 22 damage the other for 20 damage... so lets assume that obviously one of those is there as well... so 15 + 20 = 35 or alternatively 37 if it was the 22 that hit.... lets go -37 just in case. And I got locked in the Mental Prison swappage of target debacle. Which I Made that save.

So next HPs round up should have shown -25 or either -35 or -37 .... but I showed as -44. (this is the point im confused at.)

Evidently you then hit me for another 19. And I can see that just fine. Not disputing that one.... which its obviously how you got from your figure of -44 + -19 = -63....

Can you understand why i'm confused? I apparently have either 7 or 9 more points of damage than I should have. which may not sound like much... but apparently it adds up. (hell with my rolls its a Health Potion on a good day) I'd just like to know what I missed.

Also taking that above HP Damage progression in stride and starting at the 132 - assuming it really is minus 63... then I put myself on 69/132** HPs. (actually 69 of 122** healable HPs remaining.)

I'm just trying to make sure i'm not being credited with someone else's damage in the math. this PITA Tower is already an annoyance on an epic scale for my poor baba... I don't need to sponge someone else's damage on top. My HPs aren't endless. And assuming my luck returns to normal and I fail this latest Int roll (because lets face it ... its me)... then i'm going to be dying in a round... given this thing apparently hits like a damn truck.

Back to the turn -

Do I have to make a roll to get up on the wall? ... I got the impression from the write up that it was a low wall - requiring little effort to surmount.

Figure ill ask before I bother with the latest "FFS" roll. Since once I make that roll I will have to decide whether to die swinging... or crapping myself behind a wall...while swigging a Health Potion in desperation.

On another note... if you roll at advantage... and fail (remember its me!)... and use one of the "group" inspiration things... do you just roll a single d20... or the entire roll again?

Am I in range where I am to hit the brain itself.. or only its tentacles.

6. Default

If Kalthanar has no target he will climb up the wall and perch atop it to attack the Elder Brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    Round 3 - You had H at -10 for the write up. Going by the rolls in the Dice thread I was apparently Target 2. - you also stated NO damage taken for the save on concussion - which you rolled a 41 damage... and I made the save. so phew no damage. (Legendary Action/s)

Then you had H get hit by a Tentacle for 15.... for the brains actual turn

You then did two other tent rolls... but did not specify a target - one for 22 damage the other for 20 damage... so lets assume that obviously one of those is there as well... so 15 + 20 = 35 or alternatively 37 if it was the 22 that hit.... lets go -37 just in case. And I got locked in the Mental Prison swappage of target debacle. Which I Made that save.

So next HPs round up should have shown -25 or either -35 or -37 .... but I showed as -44. (this is the point im confused at.)

Evidently you then hit me for another 19. And I can see that just fine. Not disputing that one.... which its obviously how you got from your figure of -44 + -19 = -63....

Can you understand why i'm confused? I apparently have either 7 or 9 more points of damage than I should have. which may not sound like much... but apparently it adds up. (hell with my rolls its a Health Potion on a good day) I'd just like to know what I missed.

Also taking that above HP Damage progression in stride and starting at the 132 - assuming it really is minus 63... then I put myself on 69/132** HPs. (actually 69 of 122** healable HPs remaining.)

I'm just trying to make sure i'm not being credited with someone else's damage in the math. this PITA Tower is already an annoyance on an epic scale for my poor baba... I don't need to sponge someone else's damage on top. My HPs aren't endless. And assuming my luck returns to normal and I fail this latest Int roll (because lets face it ... its me)... then i'm going to be dying in a round... given this thing apparently hits like a damn truck.

Back to the turn -

Do I have to make a roll to get up on the wall? ... I got the impression from the write up that it was a low wall - requiring little effort to surmount.

Figure ill ask before I bother with the latest "FFS" roll. Since once I make that roll I will have to decide whether to die swinging... or crapping myself behind a wall...while swigging a Health Potion in desperation.

On another note... if you roll at advantage... and fail (remember its me!)... and use one of the "group" inspiration things... do you just roll a single d20... or the entire roll again?
    Mental prison does damage if you make the save. 19 damage. So, yes, I messed up my addition, but the extra 19 part is correct. So, you should be at -54 instead, I think.

No roll to get up the wall.

I'm viewing the 3 inspiration points as a group "luck dice" pool. 3 dice total for the group. You can look at your roll, and even if you rolled at advantage can still use a dice to try to alter the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    Am I in range where I am to hit the brain itself.. or only its tentacles.
    Climb the wall (which does not require a roll) and you are within striking range of the brain itself.

Vort can advance if he wants. He can't reach the well though even with 50' of movement.

10. Default

I don’t think Kalthanar has bless.