Page 12 of 189 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    H wouldn't really understand the overall difference of Gods and Avatars of Gods... as far as he is concerned he is in the presence of a "god" perhaps once he gets to level 15/20 he would be a little less awed.... but i'm not holding my breath on reaching those kind of levels for a very long time - if at all.
    Most wouldn't understand the difference between avatars and Gods. For all intents and purposes, the dwarf in front of you is a God. The primary difference is that he really can't be permanently killed while in Therris in this form.

I am just trying to give you a realistic gauge of their power. A level 15 PC couldn't off you stat increases as Sirrion and Branchala have, so he's clearly 15ish++. Just keep in mind that weakened means a less powerful god/avatar. If a fully restored God/avatar stood in front of you, it would it would be a virtually unstoppable force. As it is though, they could be "killed" with significant effort.
    Last edited by zebsen; 11-01-2019 at 12:33 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Turiel told you that he thought he was connected to altars. You hadn't stated that you were going into the temple of Gilean on one of your turns, so I didn't write it.

With your quest since it's based on proximity, I sometimes forget to write it. Another time that I know you felt him was when you walked by the temple in Portenfer (Ult's home). You did not feel his presence at the Fort, despite the altar of Cegilune being there, nor did you feel it at the Altar of Second Chances in Gavant.

If I forget to write that you feel the presence, you can always ask if you do. It's sort of like the feeling of being watched - you don't always know that you're being watched. In this case you can discern if you are though by concentrating.

As for his name, he claims to have been called many things. Given what Predzar has already told you, he doubts that you would believe him anyway. He prefers an angelic type name to a demonic one, given the inference.
    So he is connected to some altars but not others?

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    So he is connected to some altars but not others?
    As best you can tell, yes.

4. Default

knowing what we know, and possibly with Reorx, Sirrion's and Branchala's help--via Sendings or actual presence, what are our chances for destroying the Veil and or releasing Chemosh's avatar?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    knowing what we know, and possibly with Reorx, Sirrion's and Branchala's help--via Sendings or actual presence, what are our chances for destroying the Veil and or releasing Chemosh's avatar?
    Based on my math, we have a 33% chance of releasing Chemosh by luck. The base formula for the ritual of forming is 33%. Then you can add a bunch of modifiers to boost its success, but obviously we wouldn’t be laying out candles for the dude. None of us are followers of Chemosh and there’s no altar blessed to him except maybe in Jarkel’s private room. Now if we knew the ritual of breaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    You know of the Ritual of Forming. It is designed to form a God. You could "botch" it on purpose in an attempt to fail to summon the God. That is really the only option on the table right now.

Right now, you're looking at a base 33% chance with a -20% if you don't use their altar. Assuming you don't light candles, sing ancient hymns, etc, the last piece of the puzzle that you can't ignore is your level added in.

So 21% to summon Chemosh accidentally as of today with a level 8 character conducting it. And while clearly you could look for a level 1 type character to do this to lower your chances, most sane people wouldn't attempt to invoke Chemosh's wrath, which is essentially what you're attempting to discretely do. So, Craig's List for "Looking for someone to read a script for quick cash" is not going to pan out on this one.

Also, as I've written a few times, the Ritual of forming is 10 minutes of adoration and such to the God as part of the ritual. As a means to an end, it might work, but it wouldn't be something that anyone would enjoy reciting to get to the end result.

As for other options on the table, people have destroyed artifacts. All 3 of Paladine's artifacts were destroyed by what you believe to be a priestess of Takhisis at the end of the Third Great War. Hagar killed her shortly after. The only other one that has successfully destroyed an artifact like this is the snake cult/Queen of Scales. They destroyed the blue staff of Mishakal. You killed all their followers though.
    Last edited by zebsen; 11-01-2019 at 06:26 PM.

7. Default

Also since he’s a 15th level caster he would have access to 8th level spells such as Antimagic Field. If he could permanently imbue the jewels with an antimagic field or holy aura or something that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Also since he’s a 15th level caster he would have access to 8th level spells such as Antimagic Field. If he could permanently imbue the jewels with an antimagic field or holy aura or something that would be cool.
    Keep in mind that I'm using level 15 as a very crude guide. He's not necessarily a caster. Oddly, the 2nd edition handbook that normally gives a class for each avatar lists his class as a "blacksmith". He can manipulate the earth fairly easily though, in the same way that Branchala had musical powers and Sirrion held dominion over fire.

Regardless, I have a few ideas on Reorx's reward. I am waiting to get through other things before getting to that. The Veil is taking precedent right now.