Page 114 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1886

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

  1. #1131

    Default Chapter 12: OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    If we go back to the "healing room", will we have to try to get back into this room via the door and Brandon again? If so, then we need to use the crystal and get our spells back and then go heal.

    Vort has 2 1st level spells left. So if he uses them for whatever, he can get back 9 levels back?
    If you have two unspent level 1 miracles, and you touch the stone you end up gaining 7 spell levels to a total of 9. If you cast the two spells first then touch it, you get nine spell levels back. There is no downside that I can think of to casting your spells if there is any value to them before touching the crystal. Hopefully that makes sense.

    Family time tonight. I will catch up tomorrow on other questions.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Default

    The door should still be open between the two chambers (and left open during the rest).

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Need some time to process spell stuff. Out with family today.
    Brandon has converted his last level 3 spell slot and his last level 1 spell slot into 7 sorcery points leaving him with 7/7 sorcery points and a single level 2 spell slot remaining. In other words, he has 2/27 spell levels remaining and 25/27 spell level expended.

    As I understand it, the crystal gives back 1/2 of total spell levels for arcane casters. In my case, half of 27 is 13.5. Is this rounded up to 14 or down to 13?

    Then, as I understand it, unspent spells count against the limit. Brandon has 2 unspent spell levels. Does that mean his 13 or 14 is reduced to 11 or 12, or is the 27 reduced to 25 and then divided by 2 for 12.5 rounded up or down to 12 or 13?

    Depending on order of operations, the spell levels Brandon gets back can be anywhere between 11 and 14, and I'm just trying to figure out which is correct.

    Edit: Also, Brandon could theoretically use his last level 2 spell to cast invisibility and transfer the concentration component to the crystal. This would allow someone to be invisible for an hour without risk of the spell being interrupted.
    Last edited by Hideous; 02-17-2020 at 03:44 PM.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    The door should still be open between the two chambers (and left open during the rest).
    I agree. I don't think any of us have ever said we closed any door.

  5. Default

    Yes, but if we leave this room, will the door close?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I agree. I don't think any of us have ever said we closed any door.

  6. Default

    DM, how many spells can the Crystal maintain concentration on? 1, or 1 per caster?

  7. #1137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Brandon has converted his last level 3 spell slot and his last level 1 spell slot into 7 sorcery points leaving him with 7/7 sorcery points and a single level 2 spell slot remaining. In other words, he has 2/27 spell levels remaining and 25/27 spell level expended.

    As I understand it, the crystal gives back 1/2 of total spell levels for arcane casters. In my case, half of 27 is 13.5. Is this rounded up to 14 or down to 13?

    Then, as I understand it, unspent spells count against the limit. Brandon has 2 unspent spell levels. Does that mean his 13 or 14 is reduced to 11 or 12, or is the 27 reduced to 25 and then divided by 2 for 12.5 rounded up or down to 12 or 13?

    Depending on order of operations, the spell levels Brandon gets back can be anywhere between 11 and 14, and I'm just trying to figure out which is correct.

    Edit: Also, Brandon could theoretically use his last level 2 spell to cast invisibility and transfer the concentration component to the crystal. This would allow someone to be invisible for an hour without risk of the spell being interrupted.
    Round down to 13. It is meant to give a depleted mage some magical energy back to aid research. If you're full strength or close to it, there is nothing to regain. It isn't usable until you're below half health.

    If you have two unspent, you have 11 reclaimed spells if you touch it with 2 spell levels remaining, which gives you a total of 13.

    The invisibility wouldn't be interrupted by concentration, but if the recipient did something like attacked or casted a spell they would be visible.
    Last edited by zebsen; 02-17-2020 at 09:23 PM.

  8. #1138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    DM, how many spells can the Crystal maintain concentration on? 1, or 1 per caster?
    1 total spell can be concentrated on. If someone else touches it with a maintained spell, it swaps the first for second, and the concentration on the first is lost.

  9. #1139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    The door should still be open between the two chambers (and left open during the rest).
    It was open, and Jamison is visible in the other room. You can't assume that it will stay that way though, as doors are at least partially out of your control. At least one closed on its own.

  10. Default

    I still think we should heal first or split up (can't believe I said that). Kalthanar will head back to the other room to heal. As soon as he is healed he heads back to the crystal chamber.

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    It was open, and Jamison is visible in the other room. You can't assume that it will stay that way though, as doors are at least partially out of your control. At least one closed on its own.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •