Page 111 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1886

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Once Vort gets his detect magic, he will look around and eventually take the whistle off of the mind flayer--lets call him Bob, and use the Hoku Identify on the whistle if it's magical.
    I agree we need to long rest eventually. I disagree that we use the Identify on the whistle. Whistles are typically used to signal something. We came here to this room to find the help to cure Jamison and so far we know the crystal augments magical powers. Something like a restoration spell with the help from the crystal might be what the doctor ordered.

2. Default

Vort will identify the whistle, he feels it is important and that it may control the Thralls.

3. Default

There is a single mind flayer in the library and a powerful one with his thralls in the foyer. The elder brain is on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous;[URL="tel:1290384"
    1290384[/URL]]I agree we need to long rest eventually. I disagree that we use the Identify on the whistle. Whistles are typically used to signal something. We came here to this room to find the help to cure Jamison and so far we know the crystal augments magical powers. Something like a restoration spell with the help from the crystal might be what the doctor ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Kalthanar will recover his arrows and use mending on any broken ones. He does the same for Sana so that she has a full compliment.
    Sana's arrows that missed shattered due to their temperature. Kalthanar recovers his successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Vort will identify the whistle, he feels it is important and that it may control the Thralls.
    Given what Sana stated, let me know if this alters your plans at all.

6. Default

Yeah, I guess I'll identify the crystal

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Given what Sana stated, let me know if this alters your plans at all.

oooh interesting whistle...

the hunter instinct likes the sound of it...

Not just that it matches the outfit :P (ie the glaive)
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

8. Default

So I am trying to figure out our next step. Do we take out the single mind flayer in the library next and learn more about the prophecy?

Default Chapter 12: OOC

I will post it IC when I can. The crystal is meant to aid magical research. Touching it for 10 minutes once per week refreshes up to a total of half of your maximum spells for arcane type. For priests and paladins it is less effective but refreshes up to a total 1/3 of their total maximum.

I know you will have questions on how this will be calculated. I am on my phone but add up the maximum spell levels that you can cast. For example a 5th level wizard would get a total of 16 spell levels (2 level 3 which is 6 spell levels plus 3 level 2 which is 6 more spell levels plus 4 level 1 which is 4 more spell levels). A level 5 wizard then after touching the stone for 10 minutes would up up with 8 total spell levels. Your choice on how they are distributed. Any unspent spells count against the limit so the more depleted you are when you touch it the more you can get back.

It also grants advantage on Int saves for 8 hours to any that touch it. This is regardless of class. Even Hrothgar will benefit from this.

Lastly casting a spell that requires concentration and then touching the stone transfers the concentration effect to the stone. It can only hold one total spell and the effects are limited to the tower. The duration of the spell is still the maximum time limit even if concentration isnít broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 02-15-2020 at 11:15 PM.

10. Default Chapter 12: OOC

Hrothgar should take the whistle and Brandon should replenish his spells via the crystal.