Page 102 of 189 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1886

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

1. Default

Three per arc seems fair and I definitely agree only one per person. Those two people that don’t use them should get some kind of bonus. Not sure what that is.

sounds like a good system

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Three per arc seems fair and I definitely agree only one per person. Those two people that don’t use them should get some kind of bonus. Not sure what that is.
    I would rather it be a group bonus for unused dice rather than individual bonuses. Even if you use all 3 dice, two people won't use dice. More people won't be using them if you end up with dice remaining. Some of you based on class/front lines will probably be taking a beating more than others naturally would be. I don't want to make the rewards where one person is more likely to receive them than others. That is why I was thinking that turning in the remaining dice gives a group bonus rather than an individual one.

4. Default

Alright seems fair. I’m game.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1289543"
    1289543[/URL]]I would rather it be a group bonus for unused dice rather than individual bonuses. Even if you use all 3 dice, two people won't use dice. More people won't be using them if you end up with dice remaining. Some of you based on class/front lines will probably be taking a beating more than others naturally would be. I don't want to make the rewards where one person is more likely to receive them than others. That is why I was thinking that turning in the remaining dice gives a group bonus rather than an individual one.

I ran across this on myth weavers--I'm not advocating for it but it looked interesting. It looks like too many hero points per level but something like that might be an alternative to inspiration.

Hero points
    Hero points work well in epic fantasy and mythiccampaigns in which the characters are meant to bemore like superheroes than the average adventurer is.With this option, a character starts with 5 hero point at1st level. Each time the character gains a level, he orshe loses any unspent hero points and gains a new totalequal to 5 + half the character's level (rounded down).A player can spend a hero point whenever he or shemakes an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, including a death save.

The player can spend the hero point before or after theroll is made. Spending the hero point before the roll ismade grants advantage on the roll. Spending thepoint after the roll is made allows the player to roll ad6 and add it to the d20, possibly turning a failure intoa success. A player can spend only 1 hero point per roll.In addition, whenever a character fails a death savingthrow, the player can spend one hero point to turn thefailure into a success instead.

6. Default

DM, I really don't see what's wrong with the current system. They can be given to others and can only have one at a time. Is this because you don't want to hurt people's feelings by assigning some people Inspiration points and others not? It is a reward after all. Are you just forgetting to do it, or think you have been unfair in awarding them? Currently we have an opportunity to have 5 inspiration points in the group, now you want to cut that down to 3 and it doesn't matter how we roleplay. Sorry, I'm just not for it. If you're a fair DM, then it shouldn't bother you if you award IP's or not. I do so on a regular basis in my game for involvement, not just finishing a task, it's just most people forget to use them. I've also been in games where I have busted my ass roleplaying and never received a single IP after years of playing, but someone who cracked a joke got one--so go figure.

If you feel you can't be fair in handing them out, then I guess yeah, do this instead, but three will be eaten up in the first battle and we are averaging 3 battles in a day and I don't think we're all getting out of this current one alive. 3 IP's wouldn't have helped.

7. Default

Am I the only player that thinks we can overcome our enemies? We have this.

8. Default Chapter 12: OOC

You always think we can overcome everything, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Am I the only player that thinks we can overcome our enemies? We have this.

9. Default

In this game yes. Mike has never put something in front of us we couldn’t beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo;[URL="tel:1289560"
    1289560[/URL]]You always think we can overcome everything, always.