Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

Default Chapter 12: OOC

Starting a new thread.

The turn will be out before long. The roll will come at the end of it. Regardless of the outcome of the roll, the game is not over. You haven't failed yet on returning a God, but it's always possible. There are other ways to advance the game in a worst case scenario.

2. Default

Does Zebsen know any legends of flying ships?

3. Default

Let me know when to make the roll. d100 I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Let me know when to make the roll. d100 I assume?
    Okay before you roll, please post something about casting bless on the altar. That will bless the altar.

I'm typing the rest of the info now for the roll so there are no misunderstandings.

The roll.

It is a 10 minute cast time.
    33% base chance of success
    +8% chance of success by Vortigern’s book (candles).
    +8% chance of success by Matilda’s research. (shape of chalk outline)
    +3% type and color of candle (Advanced rituals book)
    +level of the caster of ritual% (X2 multiplier if it is affiliated with the god) 16%
    +altar (must be dedicated to the god) cost/1000 (max 5%). No altar present dedicated to God is -20% +5%
    +1-4% based on ancient hymnals that can be sung specific to the God in question to help guide their reforming. Increases with how much info is obtained here. +1%

As for sacrificing yourself, your success % goes up by 5%. So in this case your window would improve to 77%. If you roll 78 or higher, it is obvious that sacrificing yourself will NOT work and there is no reason to do it. A sacrifice is a last ditch option to bring a God into the world. I realize you would try this if all else fails. It will complicate things though. It's highly unlikely to happen though.

To summarize: 1-72 on a 1d100 means it succeeds. 73-77 succeeds, but Vort dies. 78-90 is fail. 91-100 is fail plus a complication.

Lastly, good luck. Seriously.
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-22-2019 at 08:44 PM.

6. Default

I show 74% chance to succeed. With sacrifice, that's a 75-79. 80%+ would be failure.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    The roll.

It is a 10 minute cast time.
    33% base chance of success
    +8% chance of success by Vortigern’s book (candles).
    +8% chance of success by Matilda’s research. (shape of chalk outline)
    +3% type and color of candle (Advanced rituals book)
    +level of the caster of ritual% (X2 multiplier if it is affiliated with the god) 16%
    +altar (must be dedicated to the god) cost/1000 (max 5%). No altar present dedicated to God is -20% +5%
    +1-4% based on ancient hymnals that can be sung specific to the God in question to help guide their reforming. Increases with how much info is obtained here. +1%

As for sacrificing yourself, your success % goes up by 5%. So in this case your window would improve to 77%. If you roll 78 or higher, it is obvious that sacrificing yourself will NOT work and there is no reason to do it. A sacrifice is a last ditch option to bring a God into the world. I realize you would try this if all else fails. It will complicate things though. It's highly unlikely to happen though.

To summarize: 1-72 on a 1d100 means it succeeds. 73-77 succeeds, but Vort dies. 78-90 is fail. 91-100 is fail plus a complication.

Lastly, good luck. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    I show 74% chance to succeed. With sacrifice, that's a 75-79. 80%+ would be failure.
    Yes. Sorry. Your numbers are correct. Sorry. Thanks for double checking my math. I is an engineer .

8. Default

Woot! Don't have to kill myself, lol!

69, excellent number

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast