Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

I guess its just the way I view this particular dungeon. To be honest I never expected the rooms to allow room for the Glaive. (Thus forcing me to do the Sculpt command to make it into a battle axe or some other one hand/two hand when room weapon.... especially after arriving in that tiny room... I very nearly did the sculpt there and then) ... then because we were opening doors... having a guy in plate to greet the homeowners when a 10ft weapon can reach past to support makes more sense.

H is a plainsman... outdoor-y is his thing... his element... his comfort zone. Inside this botched up magic genie bottle of a tower...he is less ...confident about being more than the supporting offsider... that is until he can get into an actual fight where he can 'swing away' so to speak. (i'm also not very stealthy... I have no dex after all)

So henceforth... when it comes to opening doors... I officially request that H is not the one standing right beside Brandon.

Now let us butcher these miscreants so that we can continue to find Veril... although maybe getting one alive to question might be a good idea too?
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    I asked earlier about a change in order and it was declined. It seemed stealth with Brandon, Kal, and Hrothgar seemed to be the premium.
    I don't mind being in front.
    I honestly missed that request... but I still find myself laughing at the "stealth" element... when the door was opened and Vort yelled out a question.

Sounds like my kind of "stealth" :P
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Need Brandon's turn to advance.

Rian, I can't move you into Brandon's spot since you are moving before him. You can move somewhere else if you want, but you can't pick Brandon's spot. Assuming he moves, you can ready an action to attack if the burning elf continues his charge. If you wan to to do this, you can roll.

Let me know if I missed anything.

This doesn't look like it comes through in good detail on your map. Here is an image of the burning elf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Default

Was the elf archer a dark elf?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Was the elf archer a dark elf?
    No, he is not. He looks just like a normal elf.

Can Rian pick Brandon up and move him out of the way (laying hands on him at the same time to cure his poison)?

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    Can Rian pick Brandon up and move him out of the way (laying hands on him at the same time to cure his poison)?
    I had to look this up. Picking someone up isn't something that is clearly defined as best I can tell. You can shove them based on the DMG, but I don't think that is going to benefit Brandon.

So, unless someone can find some rule that I'm unaware of, I would say that picking him up and moving him would require an action and leave you without either your weapon or shield equipped, your choice. Because lay on hands requires an action, you couldn't move him and heal him in the same round. You would have to pick one or the other.

Moving him only makes sense if you think he's going try tanking (or he fails his save by more than 5 and is unconscious). Assuming he passes his save, he's unlikely to stand there, and let the knight charge him. I won't be advancing the turn without him posting (or someone posting for him). So, you can lay on hands, or ready an attack if you'd want.

Rian readies an attack for when Brandon moves out of the way.

10. Default Chapter 12: OOC

Sorry, are we going by individual inits now? If so then if Brandon goes before rian and doesnít post then someone should post for him. There is nothing stopping rian from taking Hrothgar a spot.

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast