Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I love Hrothgar's comment BTW .
    well its true... as far as he knows :P
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

very well.. a rest then. I shall wait to see if we get the full hour without company before doing any rolling of dice.

I believe I get the SW back after the short rest as well.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

Mike,

Really important question. Is it mind flayer or mind flayers?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Mike,

Really important question. Is it mind flayer or mind flayers?
    This is what you see:

My Friends The Sentinels,
    If you are reading this, we have started our descent to the depths below. Maybe we will
    never find an exit to this trap of a tower, but we must try. We will mark our path on each
    door with a large red "X" on each door that we have taken.

For what it’s worth, our access to the roof seems impossible so instead of going up we will
    likely be forced to go deeper. Perhaps we will get lucky and find a hidden path to the
    antechambers below where some believe the weavers to live. If you wish to follow us
    you will need to the think of the makers as you open each door. As you venture forth,
    every door increases with difficulty. I don’t know if it as simple to follow our path as
    retracing marks on a door, but if so, may whatever Gods you follow watch over your
    steps. If not, then we're all probably fucked.

5. Default

That’s what I saw but in your resting post you used the singular term.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    That’s what I saw but in your resting post you used the singular term.
    Sorry, I will edit.

So, moving forward, whoever opens the door can envision anything. All of you have been to a place like the dining/kitchen area. Traditionally the doors only opened for those wearing robes, but again, who knows here.

The Tower seems generally similar to the one in Xanthar. Brandon specifically could envision all of these:
    -the testing area that you assume you were just in that has a giant worm in it.
    -the dining hall/kitchen
    -the research quarters
    -the divination center
    -the Conclave (where high levels meet/convene to serve trials and make rules).
    -the roof
    -someone's private quarters, but this might not work
    -the foyer area. If it's similar to Xanthar, it would have 3 altars in it to the 3 Gods of magic.
    -library - just general books, not generally magic related.
    -dualing chamber - non-lethal area for scholars to safely practice their craft with some protection against accidental death.
    -potions research center - a place to research potions.
    -scroll storage - generally restricted to the Conclave to distribute as needed.
    Last edited by zebsen; 11-26-2019 at 04:07 PM.

8. Default

I'm thinking the roof as it's eluded to in the letter and its the opposite of where they were supposedly heading.

9. Default

Okay, after reading and rereading the last post by the DM in the IC thread, I'm confused.

Is the line in the door a warning, or did someone use it as a surface to write the letter on. I'm figuring the latter, but wanted to make sure the line door is not the trapped door.

10. Default

I think we need to find Veril.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo;[URL="tel:1283946"
    1283946[/URL]]I'm thinking the roof as it's eluded to in the letter and its the opposite of where they were supposedly heading.

Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast