Page 109 of 189 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1886

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

1. Default

Yup just invocations. Warlocks spam eldritch blast. Hexblade provides a melee alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1289855"
    1289855[/URL]]So my 11 year old son is making a warlock for his D&D group. I never really studied them before. They get 1 spell per day to start with? Seriously? And as they level... it's 2 spells until level 11? I know that these rely heavily on eldritch blast (cantrip), but I never realized exactly how limiting their spells/day is before. What am I missing? Invocations?

Warlocks recover their spells after a short rest.
    That's why Althir is always pushing a short rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Yup just invocations. Warlocks spam eldritch blast. Hexblade provides a melee alternative.
    Considering that wizards get firebolt which is extremely similar with scale-able damage, they seem to get the shaft on spells. I never thought that I'd say that wizards are better than a class, but I'm just not seeing where warlocks excel. Again, I'm sure I'm missing something.

4. Default

Hexblade, Darkness spell, Devils' Sight. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Considering that wizards get firebolt which is extremely similar with scale-able damage, they seem to get the shaft on spells. I never thought that I'd say that wizards are better than a class, but I'm just not seeing where warlocks excel. Again, I'm sure I'm missing something.

aye that was my plan on a toon I had in another game.... rogue assassin / hexblade lock.... as a Half-Drow.

Was much fun.

Sorry for delay in posting. Work is going through a changeover in ownership atm.... the Boss effectively "Gifted" her company to one of the Charities that we did the bulk of our Telemarketing for. And we had 2 weeks to put it into action - this being the 2nd week. So its been one meeting after another.

I will read what has happened and do posts (in all my various games) once I get home and get a coffee down the hatch. (which will be in about 2hrs from now... assuming I dont get pulled into another meeting and work overtime.... again. But hey I still have a job out of all of this.... and thats the main thing).
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

FYI, I have to drive for most of the day today for a meeting. And then home Thursday. I will post as I can, but it obviously won't be while I'm driving.

Sorry, was driving for most of the week and sick.

Vort, are you casting from a ritual slot or...? Sorry, I'm too lazy to relook up the detect magic ritual for clerics.

8. Default

I prepared it, but I'm casting as ritual so no slot usage--just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Sorry, was driving for most of the week and sick.

Vort, are you casting from a ritual slot or...? Sorry, I'm too lazy to relook up the detect magic ritual for clerics.

9. Default

Mike,

What is your take on a long rest? Do we have to wait 24 hours? We have probably been exploring for a few hours now so maybe something like 20 hours?
    Last edited by Spellblade; 02-15-2020 at 11:41 AM.